Photo

Carley's Clear and Smooth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:10 PM

I have been trying to find out some info. about Carley's Clear and Smooth. Can anyone tell me if they have had success using it... either the cleanser or the bar of soap.
Thanks... also, what are people's regimines who use this?

#2 tabasco

tabasco

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:48 AM

i used the scrub and their bar soap for a while... didnt really impress me too much honestly. my skin has been much better using cetaphil liquid, their bar is pretty gentile, but i dont know how good their all natural ingredients are. Same thing with the cleanser... its really nothing special, and didnt work too well for me... sorry to tell u, cause i know when i was looking for info on carleys all i wanted to hear was the people who liked it... I was doing the regimen with it tho... not following their instructions, and they have really good service... just do a search on it ... ... ...

#3 tropicalbreeze

tropicalbreeze

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2004 - 04:05 AM

I dont know what all the fuss was about carleys either, its just a scrub like any other scrub you might buy but this one has Bp in it. dont waste your money, get the Clean and clear scrub instead.

#4 SteveInAustin

SteveInAustin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2004 - 08:36 AM

Carley's works well for me. But keep in mind that you need to follow the directions precisely. And you need to wait at least 2 months, but wait for 3 months before ditching it. Stick to the directions which tell you to apply it for just 1 minute, no more, before washing off. I found that when I was doing it for 3-5 minutes, it didn't work as well as doing it for just 1 minute. Weird, eh?

It's not so much a "scrub" as it is "liquid benzoyl peroxide". The scrubbing part really isn't what's giving you the most benefit. The benefit comes from the BP. The BP will penetrate quickly into your skin where it kills the acne bacteria. And you only need to do this once a day. That kills the bacteria enough for them to stop causing pimples. So it's really not the same as any other acne scrub.

Carley's is really the best thing I know of for acne. It gets my face nearly 100% clean of pimples. I tried benzoyl peroxide creams, but they just burn my face, even if I go very light and only use 2% BP. But with Carley's, it's liquid, and you're just leaving it on for 1 minute before washing your face. My face is too sensitive for anything else. My face would turn red with anything stronger.

Don't use anything else while taking it. I found that adding topical antibiotics and/or differin made things worse. Same with using salicylic and glycolic acids. So forget all of that. You can use a moisturizer, but not much else.

Oh, and the price isn't really all that bad considering how large the bottles are.

Steve

#5 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2004 - 05:38 PM

Steve ~ do you use the natural bar soap also? I am excited to try the products. I have tried everything.. recently glycolic acid, but that seems to be making me break out more. I like, however, that it doesn't dry out my skin. Does the C&S dry you out??
Hope this is the one!
Thanks.

#6 hatch

hatch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:30 PM

I use Carley's 2% bp also, and find it great. I do agree that leaving it on for more than a minute seems to make your skin worse. So only use for a minute at most. I combine it with the Clean&CLear Blackhead clearing scrub/cleanser. This is my routine:

Morn--
1.Clean&Clear 2% Salicylic acid
2.Rinse
3.Carleys clear and smooth (don't scrub, just dab on, the 2% salicylic has already exfoliated for you))
4.Rinse
4.Finish with Carleys Finishing soap.(this removes any leftover product)

Night--Same thing.

Its basically botchla's routine, except i use the Carleys 2% bp twice a day instead of the Clean&Clear 10% bp once. Its a lot less irratating.

I do have sensitive skin, but this works well.

Give it a few weeks before you give up.

#7 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2004 - 08:43 PM

So you rewash your entire face with the finishing soap? Do you ever just leave the bp product on last and only rinse with water?

I really was just giong to order the finishing soap because I am tired of all products and want a soap that will leave me not dry but not greasy. But then I saw alot of good reviews about the bp scrub and thought I would try that.

Hope it works biggrin.gif/

#8 hatch

hatch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2004 - 05:27 PM

They recommend to use the soap last to ensure all traces of the bp are gone. If you just use water and don't rinse properly, the leftover bp can irratate you skin during the day/night. So i always use the soap last.

I also use it as a shampoo and body soap also. I haven't turned back since using it. Even when i stop the bp, i'll always use the soap, it's great.

My skin does dry easy too, but i don't find it happening with any of the products. Of course, the first few days you may find some dryness, so go easy. Maybe just use the soap alone for a week, when your happy, add the bp etc?

And don't scrub hard!!
Good Luck

#9 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:49 PM

Well I received my soap and the bp wash today. I washed with the soap tonight, but didn't want to use the bp wash until tomorrow. The soap kinda left me dry... but that might be due to the fact that I have been washing with SA wash and papaya soap for the last few days. I am going to slather on some jojoba oil tonight and see what happens.

I will keep everyone updated! biggrin.gif/

#10 hatch

hatch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:59 AM

Don't worry about the dryness from the soap. Samething happened to me for about 5 days. But now i use the above routine and no worrys. Just make sure you only use one or two products together at the start. ( soap----bp) nothing else, or you will get really dry and give up. Leave the sa out for a couple weeks.
Good Luck

#11 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:42 AM

Yeah no more sa for me. Should I use the soap before and after the treatment or just after?
Thanks.

#12 phoqoo

phoqoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2004 - 08:26 AM

Just use it after.
Carley's works better than anything I've ever tried; their moisturizer is awesome too. I used to have moderate acne, but their products, plus 2 additional applications of pure jojoba oil throughout the day, keep me 99% clear

#13 phoqoo

phoqoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2004 - 08:28 AM

Another thing I'd like to say, is that unless you have pretty mild acne, I doubt that their cleanser and soap will clear u up by themselves. But maybe it will work for you, who knows. I definately needed the help of either an AHA moisturizer or jojoba oil (also in their moisturizer) to prevent zits from coming up.

#14 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:38 PM

I use jojoba at night also. I really like it. I have mild acne... but over the last 6 months it has changed to moderate. I think this is because I have really been over stressing my skin. I did Dan's regimine, the Acne Cure, have been using sa and papaya soap, blthcha's regimine, tca from perfectcomplexion and soooo much more. I have never done all of this stuff before. I always just used a mild cleanser that would leave me soft and not dry but with a few minor breakouts.

So I am trying to get back to using only what I need. That is why I ordered the Carley's. I actually ordered the soap first and was just going to use that and nothing else and see what happened. I ordered the treatment at the last moment figuring it couldn't hurt much more than all the other crap I've used. Don't get me wrong.. all the stuff I have tried has worked for many different people, just not for me! sad.gif

I will use it religiously for a few months and see what happens. [-o<

#15 hatch

hatch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:55 PM

needtobeclear--

When i started, i used the soap first, to help remove any surface oil, sweat etc, then i put on the Carley's bp( 30-50sec's) then rinse with water. Then i use the soap again to "make sure" all residue of the bp is gone. If your skin is not sensitive, you could leave the last step out!!

After 2-3 weeks, if your skin still seems to need help, and there is no redness or dryness, you can then add the Clean&clear 2% Sa in the morning, its great for clogged/congested pores. BUT, whenever you use the 2%sa don't use the soap first, as the sa does the above things for you.

If you follow the routine i use above, (work up to it) you will find over a couple months, your skin will get better.

#16 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2004 - 08:38 PM

phoqoo~ Does the jojoba oil help keep you from breaking out?

#17 phoqoo

phoqoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:27 AM

Yea, it does keep me from breaking out, and I actually think it helps my zits heal faster (i never get big ones now, just small ones that stay for like 2 days then go)

#18 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2004 - 08:01 AM

Do you think this is from the Carley's or the jojoba or both?

#19 phoqoo

phoqoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:52 PM

Both, when I use one without the other I have more zits

#20 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:27 PM

Did anybody have an initial breakout with Carley's. I seem to be getting alot of whiteheads. I have a bunch under the skin that I can see... and their just waiting to pop up. This may be due to the exfoiliation of the scrubbers in the treatment.
Anyway, what does everyone think?
Should I stick with it or add anything to my regimine? Hee.. I am soo impatient when it comes to new things.