Do they ever just...go away ?

3 replies to this topic

#1 RahGoAwayAcne

RahGoAwayAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:52 PM

Like normal acne, with age will my blackheads slowly disappear ? Or am I faced with having them encased in my face for the next decade ?

I'm 17 and have had acne from the age of 14. The doctor says its quite bad, but not severe enough to cause any pernament scaring once its gone. I do get a fair few normal spots but the majority of my pores are clogged with blackheads, their only visible close-up thankfully but still rather discusting. Do they ever just 'go away' with age, or do I have to manually extract them once my hormones have calmed down ?

I've got MaMa lotion but it doesn't seem to be shifting them, they seem to be buried deep beneath the surface. I've given up with BP and the MaMa lotion since its just tearing shreads off my skin and making my face look even more manky. I just hope they'll be a time when it all disappears an I can freely live my life without worrying all the time about it.

Thanks.

#2 antoniog

antoniog

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(RahGoAwayAcne @ Dec 29 2007, 08:52 PM) View Post
Like normal acne, with age will my blackheads slowly disappear ? Or am I faced with having them encased in my face for the next decade ?

There is not exactly a shortage of adult people with blackheads, so... they might disappear in the next few years but don't count your whole future on it!

How long did you use the MAMA? It can take time, maybe you weren't patient enough. Or maybe you should try another source of mandelic acid, like the 15% vivant serum from Dianne Yvonne. Oh, and were you moisterizing?

Have you tried exfoliation with a "baby brush"? Have you tried other acids/retinols?

Maybe in time you should consider accutane as well.

I just hope they'll be a time when it all disappears an I can freely live my life without worrying all the time about it.

To live without worrying about your skin... ah... that sounds nice doesn't it? Unfortunately life doesn't always go easy on you. Try to be positive though as you're still young and you just might clear up a lot after a while. It goes like that for many people! But they will not exactly be setting up and chatting in support forums bragging about their skin now will they. Reading forums like this... the whole world will start looking like a bunch of skin problems biggrin.gif

Try to don't think too much about it but at the same time, try to take care of your skin and read about the subject a bit.

#3 ipso

ipso

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:44 AM

If you have blackheads, they just don't 'go away'. You probably need to start extracting them with a sterile blackhead extractor. Extract 4 or 5 every second day, don't force any out. Even if they are very bad, you'll see a big difference in 12-18 months.

#4 Stella Blue

Stella Blue

Stella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Anything that involves being outside. Camping, hiking, kayaking etc.<br />I also love yoga.

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:44 AM

If you really want to do extractions, I'd recommend going and getting a facial. This way you'll know they're being done correctly when your skin is soft and your pores are open.

QUOTE (ipso @ Jan 4 2008, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have blackheads, they just don't 'go away'. You probably need to start extracting them with a sterile blackhead extractor. Extract 4 or 5 every second day, don't force any out. Even if they are very bad, you'll see a big difference in 12-18 months.

No more accutane
Jason's organic face wash, toner, and lotion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users