Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Brown Spots from Benzoyl Peroxide?

8 posts in this topic

Hello, i started using BP 2.5% and after 3weeks of use i begin to notice some brown darks spots in some parts of face, i stoped using BP for now because of it. Are there any way how to get rid of these dark brown(burn??) marks?

Thanks.

its not a burn mate its simply red blood vessels under the skin effectively "breaking" due to the constant use of bp annoying the skin...if you were only using 2.5%, it will fade in about a month, but to quicken the process, you could use:

exfoliation- get rid of the skins current layer so that a new layer forms and looks not as bad. use bicarbonate of soda on your face or use the tape method of exfolation (search it on these forums)

aqua glyolic- same as above but more effective

azeliac acid (it helps make the vessels repair as the enzymes have increased activity)- just buy apple cider vinegar and apply it to the face every night with a cotton wool

hope this helps x

its not a burn mate its simply red blood vessels under the skin effectively "breaking" due to the constant use of bp annoying the skin...if you were only using 2.5%, it will fade in about a month, but to quicken the process, you could use:

exfoliation- get rid of the skins current layer so that a new layer forms and looks not as bad. use bicarbonate of soda on your face or use the tape method of exfolation (search it on these forums)

aqua glyolic- same as above but more effective

azeliac acid (it helps make the vessels repair as the enzymes have increased activity)- just buy apple cider vinegar and apply it to the face every night with a cotton wool

hope this helps x

Stop using the BP. The brown marks are the byproduct of the benzoyl peroxide and I had this too. Those type of brown marks won't go away quickly, because the benzoyl peroxide slows down the healing. I used hydroquinone, tretinoin/green cream, kogic acid and a mild hydrocortisone to get rid of them.

I remember getting brown marks on my skin from benzoyl peroxide and it was just dead skin.

Try using a gentle scrub.

Stop using the BP. The brown marks are the byproduct of the benzoyl peroxide and I had this too. Those type of brown marks won't go away quickly, because the benzoyl peroxide slows down the healing. I used hydroquinone, tretinoin/green cream, kogic acid and a mild hydrocortisone to get rid of them.

how long did it take you?

can you share exact product names you used?

i have the same thing

thanks

The first time I used it the same thing happened. My skin started to peel in those areas. Carry on using the benzoyl peroxide, these marks will eventually stop appearing

i had this too ....please hepl me out guyss ...i think these are black patches...should i continue using bp or i shoul stop.....