Photo

CONSTIPATION MAY LEAD TO WORST ACNE BREAKOUTS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sparkledust

Sparkledust

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:39 AM

Department of Research Writing at Skin Secrets Exposed reports constipation as one of the serious cause of acne breakouts. People neglect the fact that constipation is related to acne breakouts.
Acne is a disorder of hair follicles and sebaceous glands. There are numerous causes of stimulation and inflammation of sebaceous glands and hair follicles. Production of toxic substances during catabolism and anabolism are discharged from the body through feces.
In case of constipation or retention of solid waste or feces in the rectum for more than one or two days causes accumulation of toxins within blood. As blood must purify itself, it seeks other ways and paths to dispel the waste. Thus, blood dispels these toxins through the skin.
These toxins when discharged through the skin trigger sebaceous glands and cause inflammation of hair follicles and sebaceous glands. The inflammation of hair follicles restricts the sebum to discharge from the body and therefore, small bumps appear called whiteheads and blackheads.

what do you guys think about this article?i just think they are trying to get us worried over nothing as usual...

My Regimen

am-cleanse face with md formulations cleanser
mositurise with aloe vera mixed with aderma moistriser
foundation if used is funky fresh me mineral foundation

pm- cleanse face with dr nick lowe purifying cleanser
mositurise with aloe vera mixed with aderma moistriser

i eat very healthily and avoid all types of junk food

#2 the_champ

the_champ

hello

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:15 AM

nice info. i was looking for this kind of info about constipation and also digestion(i even made a poll lol).

thank you
meaning of life

#3 aspirin

aspirin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

I've only been constipated once, and that was when I was in elementary. I doubt it has had anything to do with my acne. On the bright side, I was able to con my dad into letting me stay home for two weeks because of it hehe

#4 Glass Danse

Glass Danse

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:03 AM

constipation indicates something is wrong with digestion, and when something is wrong with digestion, it is probable that it is affecting your skin. at least I think
"Factors that are known to cause variation in the levels of growth hormone (GH) and IGF-1 in the circulation include an individual's genetic make-up, the time of day, his or her age, gender, exercise status, stress levels, nutrition level and body mass index (BMI), disease state, race, estrogen status and xenobiotic intake."

IGF-1 --> androgens --> sebum --> acne.

#5 Helio

Helio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:40 AM

This is interesting..I don't have a problem with constipation but I'm considering taking fiber wafers.

#6 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

Being constipated doesn't just mean your poo doesn't come out nice, it means not making a bowel movement at least once a day. For optimal health we should be going at least 3 times day!

#7 joris

joris

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

It has to look nice, has to be often i guess more than 2 times , and go trew your body quick enough. The last thing you can test by eating a lot of beets and waiting on red poop. And is the thing we want to fix according to the study.

Fiber doesnt really improve constipation , only short term quantitiy. So doesnt have a big effect on the speed, only because theres more so youll be able to poop a little bit faster.

Inproving gut flora is the best way to go. Probiotics and diet changes can help.

Edited by joris, 23 July 2010 - 01:11 PM.

I dont agree with what I posted in the nutrition section anymore. I just think its not worth it. People worrying about food and acne all day in order to improve their life somehow while they are actually just digging a bigger hole for themselfs. The only reason to eat right should be to feel a bit better. Because the chances you will be able to reduce your acne in such an amount that its worth the effort instead of just trying a new topical is astronomicly low.

Basically get a low effort topical like differin or something more harsh if that doesnt work and just start living the life you want to live!
Retired!

#8 soosyv

soosyv

this is a paw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

if you want to 'go' more often, be more active as in body weight exercises(pushups,situps, etc)

Edited by soosyv, 24 July 2010 - 10:01 PM.

#9 PinkDiamondss

PinkDiamondss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

No its all true! I had severe acne because I was constipated and as soon as i became regular my acne has been clearing up!

#10 Trae Michael

Trae Michael

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

You are seriously supposed to shit 3 times each day? I'm pretty skinny and I only poo once or twice, unless I have the trots... wink.gif Anyways, OP makes sense.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid...than to open it and remove all doubt.---Mark Twain

#11 melvaughn

melvaughn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

Yes, this is defintely true. Constipation doesn't 'cause' acne for everyone of course, but if you're already prone to acne than being constipated will greatly increase the severity of acne. I have horrible constipation problems that have become increasingly worse 'specifically' this past year...no matter how much fiber, exercise, water or prune juice I drink, I'm constipated (small tiny rabbit-pellet like stool) This has been going on for about a year (doctor's can't even figure out what's wrong with me...I'm guessing I probably have irritable bowel syndrome....anyway, I've never had such severely inflammed legions and cysts as I've had the past year which came about the same time I began to get very constipated. I'm working on the constipation problem and I'm starting to see improvments but the more toxins you have, the more you're likely to break out. I'm 30, don't have any hormonal imbalances, (had blood tests) and don't even have particularly oily skin so there's no reason why I should be breaking out like this other than the constipation connection!

#12 postfetalphase

postfetalphase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (joris @ Jul 23 2010, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has to look nice, has to be often i guess more than 2 times , and go trew your body quick enough. The last thing you can test by eating a lot of beets and waiting on red poop. And is the thing we want to fix according to the study.

Fiber doesnt really improve constipation , only short term quantitiy. So doesnt have a big effect on the speed, only because theres more so youll be able to poop a little bit faster.

Inproving gut flora is the best way to go. Probiotics and diet changes can help.

Just a note that a lot of probiotics aren't effective. A way to test acidophilus probiotics is to take two glasses, each with a bit of milk in them. Put some of the probiotics in one of the glasses (if in capsule form, open the capsule and empty contents into the glass). Leave them out overnight. The one with the probiotics in it should be significantly more curdled than the other. This is because acidophilus is the bacteria that curdles milk.

#13 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:53 AM

wait a minute, i am currently taking antibiotics (doxycycline 100mg 2x a day) and it makes my poo a little watery. and i think i might have diarrhea.

Does this mean the antibiotics could be worsening my acne even if the purpose is to treat the acne?

I also take culturelle (probiotics)

Edited by Timehealsall, 07 September 2010 - 12:53 AM.

#14 sh1234

sh1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:29 AM

it kind of makes sense, but i dont think its true. when i went on vacation i was a little contispated and my skin somehow was great!

#15 sweetpotato

sweetpotato

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Crystaltheparislover @ Jul 21 2010, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being constipated doesn't just mean your poo doesn't come out nice, it means not making a bowel movement at least once a day. For optimal health we should be going at least 3 times day!

Three times a day for optimal health? Lol, come on.

In my experience, be it constipation or diarrhea, that's a sign that something is messed up and it usually reflects on the skin as well.

#16 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (melvaughn @ Sep 3 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, this is defintely true. Constipation doesn't 'cause' acne for everyone of course, but if you're already prone to acne than being constipated will greatly increase the severity of acne. I have horrible constipation problems that have become increasingly worse 'specifically' this past year...no matter how much fiber, exercise, water or prune juice I drink, I'm constipated (small tiny rabbit-pellet like stool) This has been going on for about a year (doctor's can't even figure out what's wrong with me...I'm guessing I probably have irritable bowel syndrome....anyway, I've never had such severely inflammed legions and cysts as I've had the past year which came about the same time I began to get very constipated. I'm working on the constipation problem and I'm starting to see improvments but the more toxins you have, the more you're likely to break out. I'm 30, don't have any hormonal imbalances, (had blood tests) and don't even have particularly oily skin so there's no reason why I should be breaking out like this other than the constipation connection!

hey melvaughn, just curious, but have you ever taken antibiotics for your acne? If you have, how long did you take them for?

thanks!