Photo

At what age do you stop having acne?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 AI3forever

AI3forever

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

Im 18 years old and im having the worst period of acne in my life. I have mild acne throughout my teen years but it started erupting at 18 years old, i now have scars and cystic acne. I just hope that my teenage acne will be gone soon, so im wondering when did you guys stop having acne breakouts( or to the point that is very minimal )?

#2 Buku Ramandooku

Buku Ramandooku

Hello, my name buku, I'm taxi driver.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(tgan3 @ Dec 23 2007, 09:15 PM) View Post
Im 18 years old and im having the worst period of acne in my life. I have mild acne throughout my teen years but it started erupting at 18 years old, i now have scars and cystic acne. I just hope that my teenage acne will be gone soon, so im wondering when did you guys stop having acne breakouts( or to the point that is very minimal )?

i dont think there is one certain age, or if you will ever stop having it if you just let it alone. Either way, you have to keep trying to treat it!

#3 Arsenal

Arsenal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

at 19 mine stopped being so severe and now at 21 it still comes and goes in patches.

different for everyone though

#4 tizer

tizer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

yep defo different 4 everyone im 19 and just started accutane not long ago and its worse now than ever.
!!!Rock N Roll Baby Yeah!!!

#5 Lauren G.

Lauren G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

I wish I knew. I'm 21, and I've had acne since I was 8 or 9. It started when I had to take steroids for a short period in 2nd grade, and never went away. It's better than it used to be, but still requires regular treatment with prescription medications. What has changed is how much I care about my acne, and how much other people have cared. Of course, I still have moments of, "I've been menstruating for nearly a decade! When the hell will my body stop this?!"

#6 Tokra

Tokra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

acne started coming at the age of 17... cleared up at the age of 28 for me. 11 years .. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Used antibiotics for a year and a half.. all types of creams... then at 23 doctor said to use accutane.. I told him no.. 5 years of torture.. and its all gone.. but I still have white heads and pimples... better than cystic acne i guess.
My top favorite books:
1. Fall on your knees by Ann-marie macdonald
2. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
3. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
4. God of small things by Arundhati Roy
5. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
6. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
7. A thousand acres by Jane smiley
8. The girl who played with fire by Stieg Larsson
9. The girl who kicked the hornet's nest by Stieg Larsson
send me a pm if you have a book that I need to read!

#7 Max101

Max101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(Tokra @ Dec 25 2007, 07:43 PM) View Post
acne started coming at the age of 17... cleared up at the age of 28 for me. 11 years .. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Used antibiotics for a year and a half.. all types of creams... then at 23 doctor said to use accutane.. I told him no.. 5 years of torture.. and its all gone.. but I still have white heads and pimples... better than cystic acne i guess.

why did u say no to accutane?
Blah

[/color]

#8 rodd

rodd

$$rockinonyourdime$$

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:10 PM

why don't you ask one of the 50 year olds on this site, they might know.. sad.gif
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Song of the Moment: 'Astrix - Crystal Sequence'

#9 Jenstar

Jenstar

Jenstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:44 PM

I'm 33 (actually 34 next month) and still getting it. Started at age 13 so 20 years worth so far!!!! aHHHHH!!!
See my log:
Jenstar's quest for clear skin using mandelic acid
http://www.acne.org/...p...=182630&hl=

#10 Christina ~

Christina ~

"I reject your reality and replace it with my own"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:16 PM

severe acne or just pimples? heres the thing "acne" as a consistent problem can continue into adulthood until the problem is found, but "pimples" those everyone gets, even in their 60's its normal, natural and common so don't let a spot or two bother you. if its bad see a derm but otherwise just try to remember that everyone and i do mean everyone DOES get something sometimes you just might not be there to see it but it happens. that you can bank on.

-The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson

#11 Tokra

Tokra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(Max101 @ Dec 27 2007, 12:43 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Tokra @ Dec 25 2007, 07:43 PM) View Post

why did u say no to accutane?

i had bad bad anxiety.. dizzy, breathing problems, sweating, neck pain, heart skipping beats, throat felt like it was closing...

whats more if i took accutane? how could i tell if it was my anxiety or accutane?

So I decided to fix my anxiety first... then accutane, but never got to accutane because by the time i conquered it.. my acne cleared up.
My top favorite books:
1. Fall on your knees by Ann-marie macdonald
2. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
3. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
4. God of small things by Arundhati Roy
5. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
6. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
7. A thousand acres by Jane smiley
8. The girl who played with fire by Stieg Larsson
9. The girl who kicked the hornet's nest by Stieg Larsson
send me a pm if you have a book that I need to read!

#12 SimonianA1

SimonianA1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:58 AM

Mine started at the age of 10,11 and now im 15. I've tried everything. From facials, to many dermatologists, to over the counter products, to prescritions. I do not know what else to do. I;ve asked many people when will this stop, from family members to dermatologists, and the answer was they dont know. Who will ever know this???? I've been so involved this "acne facing phase" that i've decided i want to be a dermatologist. I dont know what else to do????

#13 PinkPhilosoFloyd

PinkPhilosoFloyd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:35 AM

All changes come from within. Don't be mad at yourself because you have acne, emotions have a way of taking over. Be happy, you are special, God gave you life, you are alive, learn how to really understand the feeling of being alive.

Fear destroys, Love comforts. And Love conquers
And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown.
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone.
And it's too late to lose the weight you used to need to throw
around.
So have a good drown, as you go down, all alone,
Dragged down by the stone.

#14 Jenstar

Jenstar

Jenstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE(Ophelia Begins @ Dec 26 2007, 08:16 PM) View Post
severe acne or just pimples? heres the thing "acne" as a consistent problem can continue into adulthood until the problem is found, but "pimples" those everyone gets, even in their 60's its normal, natural and common so don't let a spot or two bother you. if its bad see a derm but otherwise just try to remember that everyone and i do mean everyone DOES get something sometimes you just might not be there to see it but it happens. that you can bank on.

I agree some people even with flawless skin will have the occasional pimple/mild blemish. They are not immune. My mum is 65 and recently had a pimple on her face! Fortunately I have never suffered severe acne. Mine has always been mild-moderate. I have always had at least a dozen active pimples though with most of them being really red, inflamed and quite large. Enough to make me feel distressed and uncomfortable over the years.
See my log:
Jenstar's quest for clear skin using mandelic acid
http://www.acne.org/...p...=182630&hl=

#15 Leopardskinny

Leopardskinny

leopardskinny

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:07 AM

Well I wish I knew too. I've had acne since I was 12, and I'm 18 almost 19 now. When I was 17 my acne virtually disappeared- I actually thought I was clear. Seriously, for a whole blissfull year I actually thought I was free of acne. You can imagine how depressed I am now it has come back- alomost as severe as it was which is hell. I fucking hate acne. I swear I suddenly stopped being so shy, was a more confident person etc. etc when I was clear- now I have dropped out of college, got depression, become shy and hate myself. So you can see my life has gone from good to totally CRAP.

#16 incognit0

incognit0

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(tgan3 @ Dec 23 2007, 09:15 PM) View Post

I personally feel like my active problems with breaking out tapered off around 21 or so. It was worst between 13 and 18. I still get it if I get stressed out. And I have scars that don't seem to be going anywhere.

#17 missmelanie

missmelanie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

I'm seventeen. Acne started when I was 13 and it got really bad at 16. Now i rarely get a pimple, but the marks from my break-out are still there and still red

#18 Mazz

Mazz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:44 AM

I think in most people acne ceases in the late 20s...You don't see that many adults with acne I don't think

#19 tiffy_macd

tiffy_macd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

I've had acne for 10 years now...non-stop - always had a blemish on my face. I tried many store bought creams, cleansers, toners, spot treatments, pads, exfoliaters, and masks - nothing worked. I tried ProActiv when I was 18 and that worked for awhile, but it dried me out totally and once I stopped the treatment, it only came back worse. I left it alone for over 3 years and finnaly saw a derm. We didn't even bother with antibiotics or other clinical treatments like Retin-A. I went straight to Accutane and cleared up within a month.

Bad acne, including adult acne, runs on both sides of the family. I have aunts who are approaching 50 that still suffer from cystic acne. My mom frequently got acne along her chin and jawline - much where mine was the worst.

I have a regular male customer that I see often - he must be close to 60 and he still has pretty bad acne on his cheeks, chin, forehead and nose.