retinoids

5 replies to this topic

#1 WhoDeyNow

WhoDeyNow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:50 PM

Long story short, I started to break out again, moreso on my forehead. The acne are those 'flesh colored' pimples I suppose. Anyways, I've been using the Tretinoin Gel on my forehead for about a week, and I don't know if it's gotten better or worse. Seems like I'm breaking out more than anything, and I don't know if it's getting better or worse. Just looking for some opinions on the matter. Keep using or get rid of it? Use something else? Thanks.

#2 WhoDeyNow

WhoDeyNow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:44 PM

bump

#3 Jay Dee

Jay Dee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(WhoDeyNow @ Dec 23 2007, 07:50 PM) View Post
Long story short, I started to break out again, moreso on my forehead. The acne are those 'flesh colored' pimples I suppose. Anyways, I've been using the Tretinoin Gel on my forehead for about a week, and I don't know if it's gotten better or worse. Seems like I'm breaking out more than anything, and I don't know if it's getting better or worse. Just looking for some opinions on the matter. Keep using or get rid of it? Use something else? Thanks.

how long have you been on it? it is supposed to get worse before it gets better so stay on it...the max i would stay on it is for 3 months...if it doesnt show improvement after that then talk to ur doctor. u might need a stronger retnoid like tazorac

#4 WhoDeyNow

WhoDeyNow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

Well, here's the long part of my story. I had bad acne, oh say about 3 1/2 years ago. I than went to the doctor and got a prescription to accutane. Miracle drug to say the least, as my skin cleared up, and by the end of my 4th month, I had perfectly clear skin. About a year after being accutane, I started to get those 'flesh covered pimples' again. I really haven't gone back to the doctor, since it's been from my personal experience that no acne drugs work besides accutane (I've been prescribed to more acne medications than most have). Anyways, I'm at home over break and decided to pull this Tritinoin gel out of the cabinet that i've had for awhile. anyways, as i said, it seems like i'm breaking out more than anything. should i go to the doctor and get laser surgery? accutane? or keep using this gel??

Thanks.

#5 Jay Dee

Jay Dee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(WhoDeyNow @ Dec 24 2007, 05:34 PM) View Post
Well, here's the long part of my story. I had bad acne, oh say about 3 1/2 years ago. I than went to the doctor and got a prescription to accutane. Miracle drug to say the least, as my skin cleared up, and by the end of my 4th month, I had perfectly clear skin. About a year after being accutane, I started to get those 'flesh covered pimples' again. I really haven't gone back to the doctor, since it's been from my personal experience that no acne drugs work besides accutane (I've been prescribed to more acne medications than most have). Anyways, I'm at home over break and decided to pull this Tritinoin gel out of the cabinet that i've had for awhile. anyways, as i said, it seems like i'm breaking out more than anything. should i go to the doctor and get laser surgery? accutane? or keep using this gel??

Thanks.

i dont know man might need a second round of accutane ask a doctor...

#6 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Ice Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:music, design, fashion, art, shopping, the beach, the ocean, reading, drawing, writing, sleeping, food, architecture, romanticism, idealism, travel, makeup, cartoons

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:53 PM

I use tretinoin gel too. It takes a looong time for retin-a to really work. Give it 3 months.
My skin is just finally looking better after several months on it. My derm told me comedal acne (small skin colored bumps like you have) can take up to 6 months to clear; it is very stubborn.

Also, if you've had the gel for awhile, it may be expired (?).

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users