Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparty

Acne and how to cover them for Men (and women too)

103 posts in this topic

can you use make up on severe cystic acne?

The euphoria happens so fast, but the forgetting happens so slow.

[quote name='li

I got into mens cosmetics awhile back to cover blemishes. Seeing as I'm a man, I didn't grow up with makeup and have some questions. Check out this link:

http://www.malespecies.com/product.asp?ID=...amp;C=1&S=3

Could someone tell me... why is that powder like 8 different colors?? I've seen womens powders that look similar to this, and I never understood why it wasn't just one color.

Also, is the purpose of all powders to eliminate shine, or are some only for preventing the smearing of foundation? I have a mens anti shine powder which came with a sponge applicator... why are some powders supposed to be applied with a sponge, and others (such as the one in the link above) with a brush?? Any info would be appreciated.

My friend uses Elegant Minerals makeup because it's not shiny. It's natural and it's matte.

You can't even tell he has anything on.

I only know this because I put some of my foundation on him....

And now he won't give it back! lol

1 person likes this

^I like ladies makeup, too. It seems to have a wider shade selection and cover better than men's makeup does.

Hi,

I've bought Cover FX Natural FX to try it out.

It seems that the C20 color is the mostly used one.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Neo

Also, is the purpose of all powders to eliminate shine, or are some only for preventing the smearing of foundation? I have a mens anti shine powder which came with a sponge applicator... why are some powders supposed to be applied with a sponge, and others (such as the one in the link above) with a brush?? Any info would be appreciated.

My mind, body and spirit are strong. I take time each day to rejuvenate and recharge. I draw from a deep well of peace and calm. I breathe in strength and release my fears. I go after my heart's deep desires. I can accomplish anything. All of my dreams come true I focus on my goal and have the strength to make it happen. STRENGTH. I choose to be unstoppable. I am strong. I act in spite of my fears. I am bigger than my concerns and worries. I go for it with gusto!. I can do anything I put my mind to. Each day I am getting stronger. I take great care of myself. The strength of others inspires me daily. I trust my intuition and live a courageous life.

The best way to cover un-even skin or spots is Estee Lauder maximum cover lightweight foundation. It covers marks and redness almost completely. I use a tiny little bit on top of my moisturiser and it even out my complexion perfectly and hides any spots. Because I only have to use such a small amount, nobody ever knows I'm using it.

It's also waterproof and transfer proof (pretty much). It doesn't block my pores and it doesn't cause breakouts.

I tried about 50+ foundations, tinted moisturisers, mens skin engancers (masculine name for tinted moisturiser) and most of them looked so obvious I'd just rather have a few spots. Most of them I tried once and threw in the bin. This product was like the answer to my prayers and made the bad days livable.

1 person likes this

http://www.apresmakeup.com/

I've bought concealers from this site that work unbelievably well. You can even cover a tattoo with it and it looks completely natural. You can use it anywhere to cover whatever you want.

and even better, it's affordable.

:doubt: I knoww lol. You wanna know if it'll make you break out.

I only use it on special occasions just to be safe cause I hate putting a lot of anything on my face. And as with any concealer it did make me break out a few days later but it was very little and I expected that.

It's waterproof, and it doesn't cake or look un-natural. I don't know if they have any stores or if you can buy it retail, but you can try and look.

:D i hope it helps

Here are some tips on how to use Panstick makeup to cover up severe acne. NOTE: Panstick is extremely heavy and differs from normal stick foundation. It is essentially good old fashioned oil based cream and should only be used as a last resort when you absolutely need it.

Products need: Panstick from Max Factor or Make Up For Ever (the only true pansticks out there), loose TRANSLUCENT powder, and tissues, dry non-latex makeup sponges.

Twist the tube so the stick is a little over the opening. Swip a DRY (water and oil don't mix) on the product several times and stipple it on the face. STIPPLE, do not rub or stroke as you would with "regular" foundation. Work in small areas at a time only applying enough to get full, even coverage. Careful, this stuff get cakey FAST. After you have applied it to your whole face, check for lines of demarcation at the jaw and hairline and near the ears. Gently blend any demarcation lines away with the sponge. Next, blot with a dry tissue lightly. This is necessary if you do not want to cake up after you apply powder. This soaks up some of the excess oil w/o removing any pigment. Next, puff on a thick layer of powder and let it sit for 5 mintues. The goal is to let the foundation soak up the powder. After it has absorbed as much powder as it can, brush off the excess gently with a fluffy brush. NOTE: panstick and other oil based MU's glue themselves to powder like no one's business; DO NOT use pressed powder, it is much to heavy for oil based MU.

And voila! A flawless face! You sexy beast, you. :angel:

Oregacyn is wonderful. After going through some intense stress in my life, acne appeared on my face. When hearing about Oregacyn, I thought I'd take it for a good cleanser, soon enough the acne on my face was gone. I can't believe it! This product has made a huge difference in my life.

Read More: http://allnutri.com/pid3902/oregacyn.aspx

Dudes, if you wanna cover up your zits you should try maybelline Cover stick, its non-comedogenic etc, I bought one off e-bay for 5 dollars! I tried that free sample of everyday minerals but i hated it, it was kind embarrassing it actually felt like I was applying makeup to my face that took ages to get it on without it looking like powder, plus it would always leave like real small dots of powder you don’t realise is there until you look twice, so you have to then go over and smudge in with a tissue or something...to much hassle and it looked fake. With this cover stick you just dot it on the individual zit so you don’t have to do all that blending in, it’s just simple and doesn’t look like you have anything on your face at all. Plus it seems to dry out the pimple quicker than it did when i put on any powder. Anyway, check it out.

fuckin awsome u guys i alway like tryin new stuff but it always seems to turn out cakey, i usually jus say fuck it and use no foundation because i break out worse if i do but some of this stuff i'll have to try

it's peanut butter jelly time!!!

Excellent work in here, this thread was a great read.

I'm a male and I've been wearing makeup for about five months now. I use CoverGirl CG Smoothers in 730 (link) to cover up some mild red marks. It works well for me on top of moisturizer and does not cause me to break out. I am generally clear. However, I can't help but think I can do a better of covering red marks, so I'm looking for foundation.

Since CG has worked for me I was considering the CG Smoothers All-Day Hydrating Makeup (link) in 725. My skin is actually a bit darker than the 730 shade, 725 is more like it (which I will buy for use with whatever I end up getting).

However I'm also interested in the Estee Lauder foundation that was recommended a few pages back (link) and it seems like it may be better for me. Does anyone have a rough idea of what color would be a match for the CG 725 or 730? I was thinking Creamy Vanilla but could use input/suggestions. Thanks!

everyday minerals work for me, it cleared my pimples and made my complextion even, men should use this because its never noticeable and affordable, I higly reccomend everyday minerals.

www.everydayminerals.com

I cant remember who told me about Elegant Minerals Makeup to cover up. I read it somewhere on acne.org a long long time ago.

I would just like to say "Thank you!Thank you!!"

My skin has been much clearer now! I only have a couple of zits now and then. It use to be horribly embarrasing.

A lot of the problems I was having was mostly because of the makeup I was using.

Thanks again for that post!

Surprised nobody even talked abt removing the make up.

How do we completely remove the make up without clogging the pores?

Any good make up remover for men or could i just use a toner?

oo i should try this

"Why is there a pancake is the silverware drawer?"

"The correct question is why is there silverware in the pancake drawer"

so confusing

My

Epic

Regimen

Accutane Once A Day

Wash your face!

"Sometimes i like to pretend that my acne is a bunch of koala's. That way, my acne isn't so bad anymore."-Tyler Evans

寂ã—ã„ãªã‚‰æ•™ãˆã¦ä¸Šã’る。

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone should update this thread with new information, newer make up that has been out the past few years since 2004.

Accutane - July 28th '08 - November 28th 08 - my log at http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=206511

Acne Free since December 2008! THANK YOU ACCUTANE!

Current Daily Regimen

Morning & Night

Cleanse with Dove Sensitive Skin Cleanser

Immediately moisturize with Dove Sensitive Skin Day Lotion

Nivea For Men Energizing Scrub 4x a week - after gym... and moisturize right after.

" Never mind what haters say, ignore 'em 'til they fade away. "