proactiv help...

24 replies to this topic

#21 QuikSILver

QuikSILver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

Ok, think of it like this...Why are there people on these forums right now? Because, they have tried proactive and it didnt work out for them! This is home to MANY proactive veterans! You are definitely getting biased responses here...

I actually tried Dan's regimen first...It worked for a while then it stopped...I then tried proactive for a month(followed it religiously) and my face turned into a warzone.
Now I am week 3 into an AHA regimen ( the thread title is "all clear w/ AHA"), and my face is looking very good.

So my advice to you is to keep going on with the proactive regimen for a month. See what happens and try not to look in the mirror too often!

#22 fairywings

fairywings

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

I have used Proactiv for a week now, too.
BP is what is causing the dryness, it happens with all BP. You just need to use a moisturiser too. My skin was very flaky yesterday so I put a lot of Olay Complete moisturizer on and it isn't flaky anymore.
I received my proactiv from a friend who said it wasn't working for her, so I think I am not going to keep using it. I have only been using it at night as well, and not the cleanser everyday because I don't want to use 2 products with BP in it at the same time. My skin has actually become a lot better even in the first day, but I really don't know if i should be placing the blame for my good skin on the proactiv or the moisturizer because my skin was already improving once I started using moisturizer everyday. I think I just needed to add the BP as well. So basically.. I'm not sticking with Proactiv.
Good luck!

#23 HaileyDawn

HaileyDawn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:49 PM

okay, so basically i probably shouldn't have started using proactiv. I've been using it for over a year now and it's not a good idea if you don't have bad acne to begin with. It does work but you need to be consistant, very patient and yeah. It dries out my skin really bad. When i tried getting off of it (twice) i just broke out worse. Your skin almost begins to crave it or something. I know it works amazingly for some, but honestly, don't get it unless you really have bad acne and have tried everything else. Hopefully whoever else uses it will have better luck

#24 Kimouna

Kimouna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

WHILE THE PRODUCT ITSELF IS GREAT (IN MY EXPERIENCE), THE COMPANY IS HORRIBLE AND THEY WILL TRY TO SCAM YOU, SO BE WARE!!  

I first bought Proactiv in a kiosk and really enjoyed the product. But then when I purchased another set of products online, I started to receive all kinds of products (and be charged for them) that I never ordered. 

When I called them to ask how this could be done without my authorization, they told me that when I purchased the initial product online, the web site informed me that I had to become a member (which costs over $70 and includes periodic deliveries). I am positive that I would not have signed up if I was informed of this. 

It took me forever to even reach someone on the phone because there were always technical difficulties when I tried to inquire by email. And often their web page wouldn't even work. Just google it and you'll finds TONS of other reviews just like this one, of bad customer service, unauthorized charges, etc.

I am very disappointed in this company's deceptive ways, especially since I really liked the product itself. I'll never buy it again and will dissuade anyone who asks me from ever supporting them in the future. It's too bad because they probably would do just fine by selling the product in an honest way, because it actually works.

#25 GaloreZone

GaloreZone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Hi -I just thought I would share my experience with proactiv. I am now using it again after stopping a few years ago. Just as it did the first time it has cleard me up within 2 weeks.this time around I am only using it once a day. I am also using cetaphil moisturizer in the morning and neutrogena at night. Proactive will completely dry you out if used more than once a day. I realy wish I didn't have to use it but unfortunately as soon as I stop I start getting a few zits and then of course I pickdand enter the vicious cycle. Proactive works but keep your s kin moisturised & only use at night-hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users