Photo
- - - - -

good body wash for bacne??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 annique

annique

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

anyone got any suggestions of a good body wash / shower gel that can help bacne?? Ive tried the H&S method, but it didnt really work for me. thanks

#2 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:25 PM

I used to use Dial Antibacterial followed by a more soothing wash or even a moisturizer as the Dial is rather harsh.

You might consider using something like Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Antibacterial Bar. It foams up nicely, cleans deliciously, and even slightly moisturizes the skin without stripping the skin of its emollients. I personally really like it. A lot. biggrin.gif I also use a back scrubber that's gentle so I can really get all of my back nice and clean. A small amount of exfoliation really does help, too. I find that using a baby's hair brush (gently!) helps out my whole body.

Another thing that might help is going to an esthetician who has experience with acne prone skin and getting regular extractions (even on your back!), some chemical peels, and treatment topicals. It might get expensive, but really good clinics can make a big difference.

#3 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

You might try the mandelic cleanser/shampoo by Vivant (go to betterhealthyskin.com to order it). Mandelic is both antibacterial and antifungal (both of which can be the source of body breakouts). The cleanser can be used as a body cleanser or a shampoo (for scalp acne or dandruff). The cleanser is also much more gentle than any of the dandruff shampoos that people use for body acne.

#4 volatile_vixen

volatile_vixen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(willow569 @ Dec 11 2007, 06:04 PM) View Post
You might try the mandelic cleanser/shampoo by Vivant (go to betterhealthyskin.com to order it). Mandelic is both antibacterial and antifungal (both of which can be the source of body breakouts). The cleanser can be used as a body cleanser or a shampoo (for scalp acne or dandruff). The cleanser is also much more gentle than any of the dandruff shampoos that people use for body acne.

I really would love to try Mandelic Acid but its SO expensive everywhere on the net! I don't think I could afford that! Its such a tiny bottle :/

#5 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(volatile_vixen @ Dec 11 2007, 09:54 PM) View Post
QUOTE(willow569 @ Dec 11 2007, 06:04 PM) View Post

I really would love to try Mandelic Acid but its SO expensive everywhere on the net! I don't think I could afford that! Its such a tiny bottle :/

I don't think the wash is too pricey. The Vivant mandelic toner isn't too bad either (and it does come in a decent size bottle). The serums are rather expensive though!

#6 zxcv

zxcv

beh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:16 PM

Collective Wellbeing Body Wash (Active Charcoal/Zinc) is not too shabby

#7 caremills

caremills

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:57 PM

i've tried mandelic and cetaphil bar...nothing worked for me. sad.gif Maybe I actually need something harsher? Will just try Dial next.

#8 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(caremills @ Dec 16 2007, 02:57 PM) View Post
i've tried mandelic and cetaphil bar...nothing worked for me. sad.gif Maybe I actually need something harsher? Will just try Dial next.

Which mandelic did you try (and for how long?)

#9 chaseryder

chaseryder

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:52 PM

I have posted this many times, Neutrogena Body Wash worked for me. I tried many things, I had terrible bacne. I used this after seeing my gf used it, and in about a month or so, maybe a bit longer, I was acne free on my body, with the exception of a few pimples on my chest, but rarely. I have posted this many times and a lot of people ignore this. I suffered badly from body acne, and this was the only thing that worked for me. It takes time though, and make sure to use a body loofa thing.

#10 caremills

caremills

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:10 PM

I used thte acid cleaner...my friend uses it for dandruff and gave me some to try. i used it twice a day for two weeks on my back but my back is really oily