Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

good body wash for bacne??

10 posts in this topic

anyone got any suggestions of a good body wash / shower gel that can help bacne?? Ive tried the H&S method, but it didnt really work for me. thanks

I used to use Dial Antibacterial followed by a more soothing wash or even a moisturizer as the Dial is rather harsh.

You might consider using something like Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Antibacterial Bar. It foams up nicely, cleans deliciously, and even slightly moisturizes the skin without stripping the skin of its emollients. I personally really like it. A lot. :D I also use a back scrubber that's gentle so I can really get all of my back nice and clean. A small amount of exfoliation really does help, too. I find that using a baby's hair brush (gently!) helps out my whole body.

Another thing that might help is going to an esthetician who has experience with acne prone skin and getting regular extractions (even on your back!), some chemical peels, and treatment topicals. It might get expensive, but really good clinics can make a big difference.

You might try the mandelic cleanser/shampoo by Vivant (go to betterhealthyskin.com to order it). Mandelic is both antibacterial and antifungal (both of which can be the source of body breakouts). The cleanser can be used as a body cleanser or a shampoo (for scalp acne or dandruff). The cleanser is also much more gentle than any of the dandruff shampoos that people use for body acne.

You might try the mandelic cleanser/shampoo by Vivant (go to betterhealthyskin.com to order it). Mandelic is both antibacterial and antifungal (both of which can be the source of body breakouts). The cleanser can be used as a body cleanser or a shampoo (for scalp acne or dandruff). The cleanser is also much more gentle than any of the dandruff shampoos that people use for body acne.

I really would love to try Mandelic Acid but its SO expensive everywhere on the net! I don't think I could afford that! Its such a tiny bottle :/

Collective Wellbeing Body Wash (Active Charcoal/Zinc) is not too shabby

i've tried mandelic and cetaphil bar...nothing worked for me. :( Maybe I actually need something harsher? Will just try Dial next.

i've tried mandelic and cetaphil bar...nothing worked for me. :( Maybe I actually need something harsher? Will just try Dial next.

I have posted this many times, Neutrogena Body Wash worked for me. I tried many things, I had terrible bacne. I used this after seeing my gf used it, and in about a month or so, maybe a bit longer, I was acne free on my body, with the exception of a few pimples on my chest, but rarely. I have posted this many times and a lot of people ignore this. I suffered badly from body acne, and this was the only thing that worked for me. It takes time though, and make sure to use a body loofa thing.

I used thte acid cleaner...my friend uses it for dandruff and gave me some to try. i used it twice a day for two weeks on my back but my back is really oily