Photo

ClariSonic

makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#21 Alona

Alona

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:53 AM

I'm just scared to pay $200 for something that will make my face more red tongue.gif

#22 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Ice Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(vpm @ Dec 6 2007, 07:03 PM) View Post
I read some comments by users about it being no different than a washcloth too.
My husband swears by a washcloth and, even though he is combo-oily, his skin is perfect.
But, I DON'T get good results with a washcloth at all. It tends to irritate my skin and Often makes my breakouts worse (I would always use a fresh one too).

I have skin that is combo-oily and it is strange how I am super sensitive to some things and not at all to others. This brush doesn't bother my skin at all (sensitive head).
I use AHAs and BHAs really well - pretty high % too; but I have a terrible reaction to BP and I have a lot of allergic skin responses to fragrances (especially synthetic) and some animals and other things too. So, I guess my skin is sensitive, but not to everything.
So far, I would say that this is nothing like a washcloth for me - although it may not be worth it for someone who doesn't have such finicky skin.

That's exactly what I was thinking....sometimes when you have sensitive, acne prone skin you can't use the same cheap, easy methods others use for their skin. I'm also sort of randomly sensitive...some things irritate my skin & other things I tolerate quite well.
I was thinking this might be more "gentle" too, which can make all the difference for many people.

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

#23 vpm

vpm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:24 AM

UPDATE: Still making my skin better every day. I LOVE it!
My red marks are fading really fast (due to better product absorption?)
I am still using my own favorite cleanser, not theirs (haven't opened their cleanser).
Still haven't had any big 'eruptions' to test the irritation/heal factor... keep you posted.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.

As of October 2011
Rx: Doxycyclin, Differin, Plexion

Likas Papaya soap, Sulphur & SA soap
Vicco turmeric cream (with sandalwood)
PCA skin A&C and Hydrating serums, Perfecting Protection (sunscreen)
Vitamin C powder
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Makeup: Tarte Smooth operator liquid & stick blush, and different mineral makeups (BE, Philosophy, Alima, Bobby Brown, Clinique...)

Dermarolling

combo/oily - sensitive/allergic - light/med olive - very PIH prone

#24 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:48 AM

w00t.gif I'm so excited! Cross my fingers it keeps going well!!
It is like a reason that picks you up
And places you
Where you always wanted
To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

#25 ChaosNightWolf

ChaosNightWolf

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

Any new updates?
Regimen: Both Mourning and Night

1) Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar
2) Neutrogena On The Spot 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
3) Olay Complete All Day UV Defense Lotion with SPF15 (Sensitive Skin Version)

#26 vpm

vpm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:29 AM

Ayla, have you gotten yours yet?
i know it is a crazy time of year for the mail, but I wanted to know how it was going for you.
I still LOVE mine. I have been using it for 3 weeks now and it is great!
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.

As of October 2011

Vitamin C powder
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Makeup: Tarte Smooth operator liquid & stick blush, and different mineral makeups (BE, Philosophy, Alima, Bobby Brown, Clinique...)

Dermarolling

#27 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:54 AM

Yes, I got mine. lol, I'm always afraid I'm going to jinx a product if I praise it/rave about it lol.gif

Anyway - I've had mine for 1 week now - I'm using it on the two minute cycle (no beeps), high speed, sensitive bristle head.

So far: Red marks are really fading fast, my "11" lines are diminishing, products are wayyyyyy more potent when using this.

It does seem to have an IB effect, but it was very slight, and only caused teeny tiny pimples. They looked like sweat pimples/heat rash sort of. Just plugged pores eradicating themselves. I'm really prone to god awful IB's, I'm terrified of them and won't use products that cause them. Even I could handle this. I used once per day the first four days, then twice a day since.

I used my normal SA toner, turns out it's too much with this - I need way less.

In the past week I have been carded twice - that hasn't happened in at least a year or two w00t.gif

My skin is not more moisturized - yet - that may be due to the efficiency of the SA now though, I'll give it another week and see (I stopped using it daily).

Overall - I'd give it an 8 of 10 so far - skin is smooth, red marks decreased, wrinkles decreased wub.gif
And places you
Where you always wanted
To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

#28 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:01 AM

Well, I had a choice between the Clarisonic and an embroidery/sewing machine. I picked the sewing machine. biggrin.gif So keep praising the device and most likely my next purchase will be the Clarisonic! smile.gif

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#29 vpm

vpm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:07 AM

Sounds pretty good.
I use the sensitive head, I haven't even tried the regular head.
I also use it AM & PM, but I use the 1 min setting but often add another 20 sec or so in the t-zone. I use my own Arcona soap, but I find that I use less of my other products because they ARE more potent - I agree.
I haven't noticed my skin being more moisturized, but I do use other products for problem skin like you, so that may be part of it.
I think it is a pretty awesome product.

As of October 2011

Vitamin C powder

Dermarolling

#30 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:11 AM

Oh - I forgot to say that - I do not use the included cleanser, it's garbage, truly. I use ABRA detox complexion wash - super gentle SLS/SLES free facewash, an HG product of mine for over a year now.
And places you
Where you always wanted
To be.

#31 NoSubstance27

NoSubstance27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (vpm @ Dec 19 2007, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds pretty good.
I use the sensitive head, I haven't even tried the regular head.
I also use it AM & PM, but I use the 1 min setting but often add another 20 sec or so in the t-zone. I use my own Arcona soap, but I find that I use less of my other products because they ARE more potent - I agree.
I haven't noticed my skin being more moisturized, but I do use other products for problem skin like you, so that may be part of it.
I think it is a pretty awesome product.

Hm. Now I'm thinking about buying it! I don't think $195 is that high of a price, considering the raves this product recieves. I've spent well over $200 on skin care products within the past few years, trying to find my "miracle." I only have one main concern with the Clarisonic: What do you do with the old brush heads once you replace them with a new one? You're suppose to replace the brush every 3-4 months. Over time, that's quite a bit of waste for one person to produce. :/ Any chance they can be recycled? Or will I have to incorporate them into some sort of folk-art display?

#32 NoSubstance27

NoSubstance27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (ayla @ Dec 19 2007, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh - I forgot to say that - I do not use the included cleanser, it's garbage, truly. I use ABRA detox complexion wash - super gentle SLS/SLES free facewash, an HG product of mine for over a year now.

I love that cleanser, too! The only thing that bothers me is that it contains parabens. Otherwise, it'd be perfect.

#33 KyonMin

KyonMin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

My Dad just told me he ordered it off of QVC. I suppose he is calling it another b-day present. So in addition to using a combination of supplements(which has been helping) I am going to be using the brush. Should I use the sensitive or the gentle brush?

#34 maryland_24

maryland_24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:21 AM

I really like the concept of this brush because I have a lot of trouble getting rid of makeup at nights, but the $195 price tag is just so much. And even tough I have read a lot of good reviews I don't know my skin is weird and with my luck I'm not sure is going to work.

I was looking at sallybeauty.com and found this product call: i-Skin Pore Perfecting System I guess is the same concept just cheaper $29.99 the reviews are good but just a couple of them.

I don't know what to do!! what do you guys think?

i-Skin Pore Perfecting System

#35 SMT12483

SMT12483

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

I have been using my clarisonic for about a week now. At first I was only using it once a day and have increased it to twice a day. Can't really tell if it is doing anything for my skin yet but wanted to know for those that it did help, what was the timeline? I know everyone is different but want to get an idea of what I can expect.

Thanks!

#36 grrrrr

grrrrr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

I have been wanting to buy this and therma clear for a long time.

Therma clear I am way more skeptical about, since I have actually tried the clarisonic at a dermatologists office. and I LOVE IT.

I get mild acne and occasional cysts.

I have some acne scaring, for those who have it- have you noticed decreased blackheads and decreased redness of scars?

#37 jakeT13

jakeT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

me and my mom bought this. split the price.
I'd say its helping my skin pretty well. I definitely feel much cleaner after using this. But it really hasn't cleared my acne.
Like most things it depends on the person.

And these activities that you have engaged in,
This is the politics of seeing you dance with him.

#38 grrrrr

grrrrr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:16 PM

Have you noticed any difference with blackheads since using it?

#39 lcm984

lcm984

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

i've been using clarisonic for about a month now, twice a day. it hasn't drastically helped my face, but i've noticed that it's become much smoother and has lessened my scars a little. also, it's reduced the size of some pimples overnight, which of course i love. i personally think it's worth the price tag, it's made my face feel much cleaner and soft. but i use proactiv instead of the cleanser it comes with

#40 laura lou

laura lou

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:14 AM

I've been using the clarisonic for about 3 months. My sister talked me into buying it, and it was the best thing i've ever agreed to. My marks have faded drastically, my skin is always so smooth, so glowy, and just feels a lot cleaner.
I've had so many compliments about my skin (even my manager at work has even said how great my skin looks lately).

So I would highly recommend this product. It's a great investment!