Photo

How long does it take for skin texture to improve with exfoliating??

blackhead blackheads

6 replies to this topic

#1 iludmik

iludmik

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:31 AM

Sigh i feel hopeless...im tired of waiting for my skin texture to improve, i think it improved alittle the past week (but who noes i can just be imagining things) I was wondering how long does it take for Skin texture to improve?? That picture in my personal log has no justice i look alot worse in person... my skin has alot of bumps and weird redmarks and all that nasty things.. T.T

Im using the St. Ives Apircot Scrub Blemishes & Blackhead Control, it doesnt seem to be harsh on my skin my face doesnt turn red or burns....

Can it take a month or 2??

No acne, expect 1-2 but have alot of blemishes and skin color bumps... around forhead, cheeks, jawline..

#2 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:I hate to tell you, sweetie - but if you're dating me, you're dating white trash.

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:36 AM

I found that my skin texture improved very very slowly - over the course of two years - but I have NOT been using an exfoliant (breaks me out more). Maybe someone can hop in here and give you a better answer?
"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."- Gkar, Objects in Motion

"I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos. The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves." - Carl Sagan

#3 PWPager08

PWPager08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

Skin texture takes a long time to improve, the most important thing to remember is to be gentle. I would use a chemical exfoliant like glycolic acid wash and toner.

#4 alpha_numeral

alpha_numeral

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(PWPager08 @ Nov 27 2007, 02:16 PM) View Post
Skin texture takes a long time to improve, the most important thing to remember is to be gentle. I would use a chemical exfoliant like glycolic acid wash and toner.

Anything with Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA / glycolic acid) will be the easiest way to clean pores and remove dead skin cells on the surface. Microderm abrasion is also an easy way to resurface your skin (after you've washed with a AHA cleanser), but you will need to ease yourself into a routine for that as it will leave your skin feeling sun-burnt.

I am having a texture problem as well however, details can be seen here:

http://www.acne.org/...is-t178606.html

#5 manfal

manfal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

i used baking soda and mine improved in a couple weeks

Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

#6 fivetotenyears

fivetotenyears

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:13 PM

Err exfoliating doesnt really affect the skin texture except to get rid of blackheads peeking through the surface of pores. Ur just deluding yourself.

If you want texture improvement you have to go with a procedure like fraxel laser or chemical peels.

#7 Serena Bella

Serena Bella

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:15 PM

For me, it took about a week or two to see improvement in skin texture when I used the aspirin mask. I stopped using it though and when I started again, it didnt work as well.
Morning:
Wash face with Rhonda Allison (RA) Beta Green Tea Cleanser
Spot treat with 2% Salicylic Acid

Night:
Wash face with Rhonda Allison (RA) Beta Green Tea Cleanser

Starting with 4 times a week:
Apply RA Retinol Supreme all over face after night washing

Starting with once a week:
Apply RA Beta Refine Mask for 4 minutes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users