Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate sunlight

32 posts in this topic

Anyone else hate sunlight? I used to LOVE being outdoors before I had scars. Now I avoid it like the plague, I have noticed, because it is so unforgiving. My scars always look so much worse in natural lighting than any other, it's just the angles and brightness. That is when I am the most self-conscious. And I hate that I feel that way. Any of you fellow scar sufferers have any advice on how to get over that? I really want to get over it. My scars really don't affect me in the rest of my life, well aside from dating anxiety.

Cleanser: Purpose, twice a day. Love it!

Rx:

Loestrin Fe 24 (birth control)

Differin .3% gel

Moisturizer: Purpose Moisturizer w/ SPF 15 (morning), La Roche-Posay Toleriane facial fluid (night)

I used to avoid sunlight and then I realized that I look 200% better when I'm tanned so now I wish it was always hot and sunny out.

Sunlight is the worst. I ONLY feel insecure outside. In a classroom or anywhere else I'm fine.

Oooh Ohhhh I know, you should become a vampire! That way you can just sleep through the day and come out at night. Just find a cool fancy looking coffin to sleep in, and you're good to go! :)

Oooooh... or you can become a freak. They come out at night too!

Oh, and you're welcome!! :)

Haha my boyfriend already calls me a vampire. My skin burns incredibly easily :redface: , even in london, so I'm careful about sunlight anyway. But I don't feel more self conscious in the sunlight. There's no mirrors to look in outside anyway so I tend to forget about my skin.

i wear a hat every time i got out its a bad habbit but it help block the evil sunlight lol

Hahahah. Sun... lolz.

<-- Vampire

"Blood and gore rained down from the sky. An age of carnage was dawning ... its about time things got interesting"

tims a retard :D

1/2 of the Wierd Metal Guys at the .Org Highschool

Calibos: "PRESENTING SUPER GOD!!!! in todays adventure, there is an orphange burning down, but god gave them free will, so they deserve to die, so he wont save them....."

i don't like the sun, as well. it's not that it makes my scars stand out; i just hate the feeling of the sun on my skin.

i also burn easily.

the sun isn't good for you, anyway.

Believe, relief

i love the sunlight

and being tanned

i havn't gone out during the day in about 6 months.

fuck the sun.

sunscreen. lots of it, i burn very easily. i like it in moderate doses provided it's no too hot. but too much makes me feel fatigued.

Dissonance

sunscreen. lots of it, i burn very easily. i like it in moderate doses provided it's no too hot. but too much makes me feel fatigued.

one simple solution: oil free sunblock...it will keep them from getting darker. (but i dont need it now... michigan is cold and rainy this time of yr...). but to help scars, i find products containing "retinol" work wonders.

i havn't gone out during the day in about 6 months.

fuck the sun.

"Blood and gore rained down from the sky. An age of carnage was dawning ... its about time things got interesting"

tims a retard :D

1/2 of the Wierd Metal Guys at the .Org Highschool

Calibos: "PRESENTING SUPER GOD!!!! in todays adventure, there is an orphange burning down, but god gave them free will, so they deserve to die, so he wont save them....."

Anyone else hate sunlight? I used to LOVE being outdoors before I had scars. Now I avoid it like the plague, I have noticed, because it is so unforgiving. My scars always look so much worse in natural lighting than any other, it's just the angles and brightness. That is when I am the most self-conscious. And I hate that I feel that way. Any of you fellow scar sufferers have any advice on how to get over that? I really want to get over it. My scars really don't affect me in the rest of my life, well aside from dating anxiety.

We are here to live a life...let's begin!

MY LOG

Sunscreen? Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? Have you even READ the thread starter's post? She made the thread because she's self conscious about her scars being more visible in sun light, not because she burns easily.. lol

Dissonance

Sunscreen? Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? Have you even READ the thread starter's post? She made the thread because she's self conscious about her scars being more visible in sun light, not because she burns easily.. lol

you must blOck out the sun with arrows.

become a muslim woman

or become a ninja

you gotta do something like that, theres no other way silly, either that or you live the night life, or jump from treee to tree avoiding the sun rays or predict cloud formations etc.

Rebuild. Recover. Return.

Cancer Survivor

[sig-img:587]

I notice nowadays I hate sunlight heavily. I hate going out when the sun is on. I even hate smoking outside when the sun is on - I smoke mostly in the dark now, if at all. I have blinds on my windows 24/7. I feel noticeably better when the sun goes down in the evening.

Then again, I feel I hate all light. I had a night a few days ago, when I systematically went through all the light sources in my room to extinguish them. I arranged my drapes very carefully to stop any random window light. I put a book over my 'off' orange monitor light. I switched off my external hard drive, which emits a nasty Chernobyl blue. I switched off my speakers, which emit a solid green. I suspect I'm nuts.

Hmm..I can't really avoid the sun because I live 2 blocks from the beach :D

But, in the summer when its really sunny and hot, I tend to sleep all day and go out at night. I guess that works.

A few years ago I worked at an amusement park outside in the hot sun ALL day. That SUCKED. I felt like I was sweating all the time and although I don't have scars, I was still really self-concious. Then I bought a pair of big awesome sunglasses ;D

Skin issues: Dealing with blackheads and non-infalmed acne. The most stubborn ever. A few pimples on shoulders as well. Treating with Tea Tree Oil Soap.

My Regime

Morning:

Cetaphil (normal to oily)

Lumene Matte Balancing Toner

Olay Complete Moisturizer for Sensative Skin

Philosophy The Present Clear Make-Up primer

Make-up:

Aubrey Nicole Mineral Make-up

Night:

Cleanse with Cetaphil (normal to oily)

Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle

Pills:

Bactrim twice a day

Zinc

Omega-3/Omege-6 Fish Oilx2

You're nothing if you're just another

The reason you need to get out into the sun is because sunlight is known to lift depression

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

I dread going out in the sun!! It's a catch 22 because I pack on makeup to help hide some of my scarred pores (some feel like they're big enough to store loose change in and I know makeups not fooling anyone, but oh well) and i'm okay indoors and in the right lighting...but outside it looks SO disgusting. I've caught my reflection in the window when I'm getting in my car when I'm in direct sunlight and YUCK. Unfortunately, I live in Arizona so theres no avoiding the sun.

But yeah - I feel ya. I'm a hater too. Maybe move to Seattle or somewhere similar where it rains all the time? =)

AM

- Cetaphil normal/oily cleanser

- wait 10 minutes, 10% mandelic acid

PM

- Cetaphil normal/oily cleanser w/ baby brush

- wait 30 minutes, .025% tretinoin gel

100% aloe vera as moisturizer, only when needed.

I dread going out in the sun!! It's a catch 22 because I pack on makeup to help hide some of my scarred pores (some feel like they're big enough to store loose change in and I know makeups not fooling anyone, but oh well) and i'm okay indoors and in the right lighting...but outside it looks SO disgusting. I've caught my reflection in the window when I'm getting in my car when I'm in direct sunlight and YUCK. Unfortunately, I live in Arizona so theres no avoiding the sun.

But yeah - I feel ya. I'm a hater too. Maybe move to Seattle or somewhere similar where it rains all the time? =)

The cure to acne:

Stop looking for magic pills.

Take responsibility for your health. Get balanced mentally and eat a healthy diet, preferably RAW. (veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts and legumes)

Get out and exercise.

All these things in your body are interlinked.