4 replies to this topic

#1 phate

phate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

Hey guys...

Well, my cystic back acne is back. I was taking minocycline to treat it, and it left. I stopped taking the mino because my back had cleared, and now I have 2 more cysts. They do not hurt, but they are large and red. I am at my wits end here, I can't stand these cysts anymore. Accutane is available, but I am scared to take it. I dont want to have to deal with the side effects. Any ideas for this back problem? I am using head and shoulders now, as well as AHA.

Thanks guys,

Jason

#2 foolio2

foolio2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

Why can't you just go back on minocycline?

#3 smc0617

smc0617

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:spending time with my family, my nephew, reading, internet, puzzles, watching sports, boston red sox, new england patriots,drinking tea, watching csi miami, vera bradley, handbags, shoes, nice clothes, meeting compassionate people, listening to music, eating healthy, meeting people on acne.org, learning about holistic medicines and methods, nutrition, photography, psychology, finding an answer to get CLEAR<br /><br />&quot;What doesn't kill us makes us stronger&quot;-Friedrich Nietzsche, German Philosopher<br /><br />&quot;Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, atleast don't hurt them&quot;-HH the Dalia Lama

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

I'm taking minocyline right now because I am prone to cysts. So far it has helped my back and face. Is there a reason why you couldn't go back on it? Did you want to avoid going back on an antibiotic?

Are you just prone on your back? You might want to talk with your dr or derm and see what they could prescribe for you. There's so many different combinations you could try and i'm sure if you didn't want to go back on an antibiotic they could suggest something that could help.

#4 Madisonn

Madisonn

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hey guys...

Well, my cystic back acne is back. I was taking minocycline to treat it, and it left. I stopped taking the mino because my back had cleared, and now I have 2 more cysts. They do not hurt, but they are large and red. I am at my wits end here, I can't stand these cysts anymore. Accutane is available, but I am scared to take it. I dont want to have to deal with the side effects. Any ideas for this back problem? I am using head and shoulders now, as well as AHA.

Thanks guys,

Jason

Hello! I have terrible cystic acne all over my back, chest, and shoulders, as well as my face. I was taking minocycline for a long time and my body got imune to it and it just stopped helping or even working! I am so desperate to anything that will get rid of this and give me back my self esteem! please help... please

#5 mrsrobinson

mrsrobinson

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

try dead sea salt soaks (there is a long thread on that topic on this site) it helped many with cystic acne- worth a try!

for me, AHA twice a day keeps things clear - haven't tried Dan's but the reviews are great, I use the Alpha Hydrox 10% enhanced lotion

and diet, I'm a zealot about giving up dairy (try that first for a month) and gluten

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users