White Solid

4 replies to this topic

#1 jw1965

jw1965

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

What is the white solid that is squeezed out of a pimple? And why is it followed by a clear liquid once the bleeding stops?

#2 Smile-for-me

Smile-for-me

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:29 PM

It's called puss.... it's just bacteria that contributed to the pimple forming.

No idea about the clear stuff..

<3

#3 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(jw1965 @ Oct 20 2007, 06:26 PM) View Post
What is the white solid that is squeezed out of a pimple? And why is it followed by a clear liquid once the bleeding stops?

Bacteria, dead skin cells and sebum. The clear fluid is part of the blood and other bodily fluids (primarily white blood cells, some contents of injured cells from the squeezing!) that's in the area to help with infection.

PS: Please stop squeezing so hard you bleed; that's a sure way to get scarring. Particularly don't ever squeeze a cyst. If you absolutely must, please use a comedone extractor after a nice long warm shower to help loosen the debris. Then press down gently around the comedone/pimple with the comedone extractor to extrude the blockage. If nothing happens with one press, don't do any more pressing. If it's a pustule, go ahead and prick it with a sterile needle; that will help the contents express better with less risk for the infection breaking out under the skin.

When one squeezes a cyst, sometimes the infection does not burst out above the skin. Sometimes the squeezing actually ruptures underneath the skin, causing skin damage underneath that when heals, leaves a scar. Please don't squeeze a cyst.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#4 cantdelete

cantdelete

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:11 PM

That clear stuff is may be plasma. But once you start to bleed stop squeezing.

#5 Qazzi123

Qazzi123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:20 PM

How long do you guys keep pay drying a popped pimple for? Like usually it will be the initial white stuff, blood, then clear stuff. Should you stop dry patting once the clear stuff starts coming, as it's supposed to help with the infection apparently?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users