Salicylic Acid + Benzoyl Peroxide?

2 replies to this topic

#1 xhypn0tiqz

xhypn0tiqz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:22 PM

Soo glad I discovered this site! I'm really excited to get started and hopefully get rid of acne for good this time, I'll be ordering Daves products in a couple days, once I get paid.

But until then I've been doing the regimen with following products I had already:

- Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
- Acne Free 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Facial Scrub.. Which I like.. Can scrub be substituted for the gel?
- Acne Free Acne & Blackhead Terminator (And it is 1.5% Salicylic Acid and 1.0% Benzol Peroxide)
- Cetaphil Lotion

So The 2 acne free products are essentially the same thing minus the Sal. Acid

Should I be using both? Should I even be using something with Sal. Acid in it?

I was browsing the posts but I didn't see anything about using it in the regimen. I don't like the way it makes my skin feel (Very dry/red) and it's actually making my acne worse, I don't know if thats the effect of the Acid or what. But The scrub works great.. Which is 2.5 just like Daves, except its not a gel Its a face wash.

Can someone tell me what I should be doing? Should I just leave all this stuff alone and wait to buy the real thing?

Thanx in advance guys wink.gif

#2 Varen

Varen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(xhypn0tiqz @ Oct 12 2007, 12:22 AM) View Post
Soo glad I discovered this site! I'm really excited to get started and hopefully get rid of acne for good this time, I'll be ordering Daves products in a couple days, once I get paid.

But until then I've been doing the regimen with following products I had already:

- Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
- Acne Free 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Facial Scrub.. Which I like.. Can scrub be substituted for the gel?
- Acne Free Acne & Blackhead Terminator (And it is 1.5% Salicylic Acid and 1.0% Benzol Peroxide)
- Cetaphil Lotion

So The 2 acne free products are essentially the same thing minus the Sal. Acid

Should I be using both? Should I even be using something with Sal. Acid in it?

I was browsing the posts but I didn't see anything about using it in the regimen. I don't like the way it makes my skin feel (Very dry/red) and it's actually making my acne worse, I don't know if thats the effect of the Acid or what. But The scrub works great.. Which is 2.5 just like Daves, except its not a gel Its a face wash.

Can someone tell me what I should be doing? Should I just leave all this stuff alone and wait to buy the real thing?

Thanx in advance guys wink.gif

Well, using sylicilic acid and Benzoyl Peroxide together can be overly irritating to the skin as well as overdrying. I prefer to just use the Benzoyl Peroxide. Also all the acne medications that you use now, I think you should really stop using them. Just start off fresh with Dan's regimen products (The cleanser, BP gel and the Moisturizer). Dont include anything with the regimen besides the products recommended. Dan's product's are very less irritating/drying, easier to apply, huge in size and also made with high quality but at a fair price.

When starting the regimen first use less benzoyl peroxide then every week use a little more.

To make it all simple I will send you link's to all the most important pages on this site that you should be looking at. Go Look in your inbox!

#3 dvdgal

dvdgal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:05 AM

I agree with that Dan's BP is the best on the market right now. The texture and the quality are really good. When you apply it on your face, it disappears and it does not irratate that much like other BP products but with the max result. If you have quite bad acne and you just started the regiment. I would suggest you stick with Dan's regiment (procedures and products) until your acne starts to clear up and no more new ones form. I think that would be like around one month (conside you have to gradually increase the amount of BP's dose), then you should start adding BHA product to clear your pores for preventing future breakouts.

Good luck and have patient. smile.gif Dan's regiment really works, unless you are allergic to BP.
Morning:
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
Paula's choice skin balancing moisture gel
DKR's 2.5% BP

Night:
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
Paula's choice skin balancing moisture gel
DKR's 2.5% BP
AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA for spot treatment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users