Photo

Blistering during Smoothbeam... How to prevent

steroid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#21 Sierra

Sierra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 02:29 AM

Im only getting tiny lumps on cheeks and forehead after my first smoothbeam treatment and then again after my second treatment.

What is the best way to try to prevent these breakouts or is it just inevitable?

I tried putting on a green clay mask the day after to help draw out some of the rubbish...... is this a bad idea?

#22 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 03:04 AM

I'm confused. You said that you are booked 4 weeks in advance, but you are only breaking even? That appears to be conflicting.

But anyhow, this thread started as a way to curve the occurance of blisters, and has now turned into an advertisement.

Some of the information that you have provided is useful, but I think you cross the line by accepting or promoting your business here (even, if people ask you about it).

Allowing advertisments onto the board, cheapens the quality of information that is here for us to use.

Please don't cross this line anymore. (discussing your prices, or way that you treat your clients, etc.) I know that you didnt intend for this, but your information (that can be described as advertisement-like) none-the-less has come forth.

#23 SkinRN

SkinRN

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:23 AM

I always get the joules up as high as possible without causing adverse reactions. What skin type are you? Why not fly into Charlotte? Or you can actually fly in here... US Air or Delta both fly here. You can contact me through our website www.heavenlyskin.com We have a toll free number on there... I just can't remember it since it is usually my secretary giving that number out.

#24 SkinRN

SkinRN

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:31 AM

fromChicago... I didn't see your post before I answered GoldRex's post about wanting to come to see me. I am sure I will now get a bashing for this. I never intended to promote anything. I never expected that any of you were probably FROM South Carolina so it never dawned on me that it could be seen as promoting. No hard feelings...I won't be on here again. I am too busy for this during the week anyway. I had some spare time this weekend to "veg" on the net, so I popped in... but I won't infringe on you anymore. You guys take care. Best of luck finding what works for you.. that is afterall the point of your board.

#25 GoldRex

GoldRex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:38 AM

fromchicago, are you a moderator?

#26 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:44 AM

fromchicago: You have every right to your opinion, but I feel that this person should be able to come to this board and answer general questions about SmoothBeam.

There are many threads here touting products and also other practitioners (Frank from Transitions comes to mind, other SmoothBeam practitioners & Julie - to name a few) who post information about their services. No one has limited their freedom of speech.

I do not feel that this person intended to advertise. I think the useful information provided is too important to disregard. I agree that people shouldn't be posting only to advertise, but I don't believe that is this person's intent. If you do not want to read SkinRN's posts, feel free to ignore or disregard them.

SkinRN: Feel free to post general information regarding SmoothBeam. If anyone has detailed questions regarding SkinRN's practice, please PM him/her rather than posting here.
~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

#27 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:55 AM

That along with about 8-10  Vitalize Peels over the last year, and Obagi for 3 months now. I have also done a Timeless Peel from Cosmedix line... I like those alot too... deeper than the Vitalize and great for hyperpigmentation.

Thank you for all of your answers and the compliment. biggrin.gif
Which peel do you think worked the best for you, or was it a combination? I have never had a professional peel and I am a bit leery of "jumping" in blindly. Thanks.

#28 rebellgyrl

rebellgyrl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 11:02 AM

:-k [-X

#29 Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*

Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 February 2004 - 12:34 PM

ObiWonton... these settings are probably fine for you. I wouldn't change anything. I would give it another try. Are you using any other methods to help it along? I combine microdermabrasion with the Diamond Peel wand (particle free system) and use that along with Smoothbeam to improve results. 

Thanks SkinRN. I'm still committed to 4 or 5 treatments, I really hope it gives me some improvements at the end of all treatments.

I only did the diamond peel once. I just felt it's too expensive ($125/treatment), especially if I have to do it in combination with my smoothbeam.

How many treatments did the person in the candela website received for his acne scars? I'd assume you know this info.

Thanks

#30 stillhere

stillhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 01:20 PM

Darn, I hope she comes back since I really liked the factual information. I don't think she was at all trying to promote her salon here but just wanted to give some insight. I sitll have this healing blister which I'm praying doesn't leave a scar. I thought she may know something to prevent the blisters from scarring. I had a bunch on my first smoothbeam treament but they were tiny and not deep and healed up without a trace. This one is bigger and may have been deeper. Anyone know of something that might be on hand for me? I don't have emu oil, manuka honey or anything like that. Ive been using neosporin at night.

#31 galacticmikey

galacticmikey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 02:46 PM

I'm confused.  You said that you are booked 4 weeks in advance, but you are only breaking even?  That appears to be conflicting.

But anyhow, this thread started as a way to curve the occurance of blisters, and has now turned into an advertisement.

Some of the information that you have provided is useful, but I think you cross the line by accepting or promoting your business here (even, if people ask you about it).

Allowing advertisments onto the board, cheapens the quality of information that is here for us to use.

Please don't cross this line anymore. (discussing your prices, or way that you treat your clients, etc.) I know that you didnt intend for this, but your information (that can be described as advertisement-like) none-the-less has come forth.

Come on Chicago..take a pill. SkinRN has given some great info and I really appreciate hearing from someone who actually works with smoothbeam..whats the deal with being so negative when someone is just trying to help?

#32 GoldRex

GoldRex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 02:56 PM

I think he's been dealt with.

#33 Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*

Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 February 2004 - 02:58 PM

Before this turns into flame war....

I'm sure fromchicago didn't mean to attack SkinRN either but I believe a good apology will take us back on track with the topic. I'm sure Matt is just trying to protect us from potential advertiser (by no means Skin RN is included in this) but it just came out slightly harsher than it is...isn't it so fromchicago? smile.gif

I'll try to contact Skin RN in the meantime smile.gif

#34 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:26 PM

I'm not sorry.

I didn't tell her to "get lost." If you read my post, I said, "don't cross that line again." There are certain aspects that can be talked about (like blistering, and ElaMax Gel), but others sush as her prices, location, business philosophy have no place here.

A few of her posts sounded like commericials...

#35 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:45 PM

Also, SkinRn has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars into Smoothbeam, and might be a little biased in its performance.

It's of more value to talk to individual cases/patients of smoothbeam, because they arn't in desperate need of it's success.

#36 galacticmikey

galacticmikey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:47 PM

I'm not sorry.

I didn't tell her to \"get lost.\"  If you read my post, I said, \"don't cross that line again.\"  There are certain aspects that can be talked about (like blistering, and ElaMax Gel), but others sush as her prices, location, business philosophy have no place here.  

A few of her posts sounded like commericials...

it must be that time of month again... :-k

#37 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:51 PM

Fromchicago: In an attempt to keep this thread on topic (again), you have every right to your opinion however you do not speak for everyone here.

Please folks can we get this topic back on the track of SmoothBeam??? THANKS!
smile.gif
~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

#38 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:57 PM

Fromchicago: In an attempt to keep this thread on topic (again), you have every right to your opinion however you do not speak for everyone here.  

Please folks can we get this topic back on the track of SmoothBeam??? THANKS!
 :)

When did I speak for everyone else? The board rules state that advertisements aren't cool. I'm all about talking about blistering and Ela-Max gel, not how well XYZ.com treats its patients.

Actually, I'd be cool If it was someone else talking about the spa, but we don't need to hear the OWNER'S opinions of it. I mean, she isnt going to say anything bad about it, so it's biased.

#39 GoldRex

GoldRex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:23 PM

Well, here's something contributional-- I will be having a treatment with Del Campo this Friday. It's just my first actual "procedure" for scars, so I'm nervous. That's why I keep waffling. Though I'm not sure I'll stay with him, one treatment can't hurt. I'll let you all know how it went, and how well my tazorac'd face holds up.

#40 dcychanhk

dcychanhk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:25 PM

ok, first of all , i am really netural even though my ancestors are communists just like that of chicago before the opium war , the time hong kong was taken over by england. Chicago wasn't being mean , he just didn't want our forum to end up being a place where everyone advertises based upon his or her own interest. Let's just don't argue about it . OK?