Photo

do shallow scars go away after accutane?

34 replies to this topic

#1 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:44 PM

if your scarring is somewhat superficial an only really evident in certain lighting, is it fair to say that it will go away after accutane? I don't care if it takes a year of retin-a etc. just hope they do not stay...never had scars from acne before, not shallow or anything so not sure?

what are peoples experiences with this?

thanks

#2 tenten

tenten

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

I have shallow scarring I think some have got better I'm 4 months in. Ive heard it helps and ive seen ppl with scars in the galleries have no scars afterwards...so who knows. I hope so though.

#3 elizabethmargot

elizabethmargot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 43
About Me
  • Interests:*Getting CLEAR skin!<br />*Singing (esp. Italian Arias!)<br />*Music in general really (Radiohead, Wolf Parade, Interpol, Cold War Kids, the Clientele, Pixies, Swan Lake, the Raveonettes, Sunset Rubdown, etc. etc.)<br />*Kittens!<br />*Coffee<br />*Politics<br />*Reading (Anais Nin, Sylvia Plath, JD Salinger, Henry Miller, etc., etc.)<br />*Laying in the sun!<br />*Working out <br />*Art and photography<br />*Learning<br />*My family<br />*Karaoke!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(soul78 @ Sep 23 2007, 01:44 PM) View Post
if your scarring is somewhat superficial an only really evident in certain lighting, is it fair to say that it will go away after accutane? I don't care if it takes a year of retin-a etc. just hope they do not stay...never had scars from acne before, not shallow or anything so not sure?

what are peoples experiences with this?

thanks

i'm in the EXACT same boat as you. does anyone have any input????

#4 Hoofy

Hoofy

Kevin Likes Lemons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:52 AM

me too

#5 tegra

tegra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

me 3

#6 elizabethmargot

elizabethmargot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Getting CLEAR skin!<br />*Singing (esp. Italian Arias!)<br />*Music in general really (Radiohead, Wolf Parade, Interpol, Cold War Kids, the Clientele, Pixies, Swan Lake, the Raveonettes, Sunset Rubdown, etc. etc.)<br />*Kittens!<br />*Coffee<br />*Politics<br />*Reading (Anais Nin, Sylvia Plath, JD Salinger, Henry Miller, etc., etc.)<br />*Laying in the sun!<br />*Working out <br />*Art and photography<br />*Learning<br />*My family<br />*Karaoke!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(tegra @ Oct 11 2007, 05:33 PM) View Post
me 3

please someone who has been on tane respond smile.gif

#7 utdsoccer18

utdsoccer18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:37 PM

same here..... i notice the scars but no one else does.. still want it to go away though..... i just started accutane like 2 days ago....ill let yall know how it goes

#8 swab

swab

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:04 PM

when i look close, im noticing more scars too sad.gif

#9 maddy001

maddy001

Madeline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me
  • Interests:I'm currently majoring in biological sciences and minoring in Mass communication in Nanyang technological university. I'm studying this both because I have loved biology since my secondary school days and since then moved on to like microbiology and genetics but I hate biochemistry and biophysics and anything mathematical. I started taking mass communication in my sophomore year, wanted to minor in psychology but after crashing my friend's class, I realised that mass comn interests me more.<br /><br /><br />My interests include watching Television, hanging out with friends, swimming and playing tennis. I am currently into martial arts and am taking Tae Kwon Do. <br /><br />I am a christian, used to be Catholic, now Evangelist<br />I have a younger brother 5 years younger who doesn't have acne problems. I am also kinda short only 4ft11, 149cm so I dislike people who make fun of my height.

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:27 AM

Actually its because you have stop breaking out or have less acne that's why you start noticing about the scars, its actually there in the first place but you didn't really notice initially because of the acne. That's what happened to me. I always thought that i never had any scarring but once my acne was down, I couldn't help noticing that I have quite a lot of scars, the type that looks like pin-holes( Needle-like), its not very visible but can be seen in bright light. I told my derm about it and he said that its fine and it will all fill up by the end of my course.

Right now, I'm almost into 4 and a half month and ya, most of the scars have filled up and my skin is pretty even except for the more stubborn ones. My red marks have also gone also. So ya it will be much better when you finish your course, otherwise use Retin-A to finish the job.

#10 swab

swab

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(madelinetjai @ Oct 12 2007, 08:27 AM) View Post
Actually its because you have stop breaking out or have less acne that's why you start noticing about the scars, its actually there in the first place but you didn't really notice initially because of the acne. That's what happened to me. I always thought that i never had any scarring but once my acne was down, I couldn't help noticing that I have quite a lot of scars, the type that looks like pin-holes( Needle-like), its not very visible but can be seen in bright light. I told my derm about it and he said that its fine and it will all fill up by the end of my course.

Right now, I'm almost into 4 and a half month and ya, most of the scars have filled up and my skin is pretty even except for the more stubborn ones. My red marks have also gone also. So ya it will be much better when you finish your course, otherwise use Retin-A to finish the job.

yeah i think your right about that, and i also have the tiny scars

#11 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

I don't think people really understood the question correctly...we were asking if they go away or reduce a lot *after* accutane not while taking accutane.

input from people who are 6-12 months post accutane would be great, to hear if they had improvement or remission of shallow scarring etc.

#12 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

7 months post tane and my scars have definenetly improved ( i still gain scarring from something else going on with my body but you guys need not worry about that)
I would say they have sofened and filled in so that the appearance is atleast 50-60% better, they haven't gone completely though...

#13 mm8

mm8

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:49 PM

More than 3 months post and NOTHING has improved. The scars are still present and so are the redmarks. Besides, I'm getting my acne back. Accutane is a joke. If the scars can't be removed six months post Accutane I will sue.

#14 Matt_08

Matt_08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:41 PM

4 months post tane.....scars keep on improving! you just have to wait
old scars dont go away

#15 elizabethmargot

elizabethmargot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Matt_08 @ Oct 15 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post
4 months post tane.....scars keep on improving! you just have to wait
old scars dont go away

Matt - do you mean red marks, or actual shallow scars are improving???

#16 Noremac

Noremac

dooooooooooom.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:03 PM

i'm hoping more like 2 weeks-1 month...

#17 elizabethmargot

elizabethmargot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:21 PM

anybody.......????????????????? can shallow scars actually fill in? my derm swears they can/do...

#18 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:29 PM

elizabethmargot...when you wash your face and run your fingers gently over your shallow scarring, can you feel anything? Is it rough or can you feel the divets, cause I can't but I can see them. In some lights I look in the mirror and not bad at all, other lights I feel like I got punched in the stomach when I look at them...

#19 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

Some of my shallow scars that occured prior to Accutane completely vanished by several months after I'd stopped accutane. Some of the larger ones improved slightly.

#20 mmsqueaks

mmsqueaks

amor vincit omnia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:shopping!!<br />hair/makeup. <br />taco bell .. mmm.<br />movies.<br />reading, nerdy i know but oh well?<br />hanging out with my besties and wonderful boyfriend. [:

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Wynne @ Oct 18 2007, 05:16 PM) View Post
Some of my shallow scars that occured prior to Accutane completely vanished by several months after I'd stopped accutane. Some of the larger ones improved slightly.

yayyy!
i cannot wait to be free of those horrible marks. eusa_wall.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users