#21 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(andersoj @ Sep 18 2007, 09:11 PM) View Post
Jesus! Where do I sign up.

Edit: I guess I'll be going to south Korea within the next few years if this seemingly simple and miraculous treatment doesn't make it here by then...I'm serious and thanks for bringing this to my attention NdnRomeo.

Here is a Q&A that I found on the site, this really sounds too good to be true, but South Korea has always been ahead of its time.

Question:
I��‚��„�d like to find an acne treatment which will make sure I don��‚��„�t get acne again
I have been suffering from acne for a long time. I��‚��„�ve tried applying medication supposed to work wonders and have visited dermatologists, but to no avail. I have spent so much time and money in acne treatment. I��‚��„�m getting to lose confidence as my skin is more and more covered with acne��‚�� Is there a magical treatment to get rid of acne?

Answer:
Acne is an infection of follicles; a kind of folliculitis. Unlike typical folliculitis, however, acne only occurs where there are sebaceous glands. Acne treatment, using Gobayasi insulating needle takes advantage of this characteristic and destroys sebaceous glands to ensure acne does not occur in that particular spot any more. Specially designed fine insulating needle destroys sebaceous glands; this works in the same theory as permanent hair removal which destroys hair roots so that hair does not grow again. Gobayasi insulating needle procedure completely cures adult onset acne with a mere 1~2 treatments. Rather than teenage acne when all follicles are actively involved, the insulating needle treatment is more suitable for adult onset acne after the age of 20, chronic recurrent acne, acne along your jaw line which leaves scars, and intractable inflamed acne.
On an average, two procedures are needed, with a one-month waiting period in between. It can be done in as little as 30 minutes and you can wash your face and apply makeup immediately after procedure. The destroyed sebaceous glands can be squeezed clean the day after procedure at the clinic. It typically takes a month for the acne to subside and 4 months for the redness to completely disappear.

That is awesome! But no, they'll make people keep taking accutane instead of doing this =/ I say bring this to the United States and let adult acne be a thing of the past. We're in 2007, this should have come out a long time ago! It's such a simply explained process too, no medicine and ugly side effects.

It may not be suitable for teenages, but if acne persists after 20, as they said, they should make this an open option to everyone who wants to do it.

#22 mikez

mikez

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:13 PM

Sounds promising!

#23 JR86

JR86

I've gotta go, i cut my foot earlier and my shoe is filling

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:27 PM

would there be any drawbacks? like permanently super dry skin?

#24 JimSta

JimSta

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

Still no news about this? sad.gif

#25 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

Still waiting for them to e-mail me back concerning the details.
read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.

#26 lul

lul

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:41 PM

My acne is on my jaw and cheeks though...

#27 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(lul @ Sep 21 2007, 11:41 PM)
My acne is on my jaw and cheeks though...
http://www.acne.org/...s/icon_open.gif

I also was wondering how they would contend with the pores in this lower face area, because they are seemingly microscopic and the region of my face that is most susceptible to acne is my upper chin and seems like it would be a multi day opperation to stick a needle into each one of the pores. Although, in the doctors answer to the victims question he says that the procedure is suitable for:

"Rather than teenage acne when all follicles are actively involved, the insulating needle treatment is more suitable for adult onset acne after the age of 20, chronic recurrent acne, acne along your jaw line which leaves scars, and intractable inflamed acne."

But unfortunately they have not replied to my email and the phone number is apparently inaccessible. I also asked my derm today (well getting a cortisone injection) if he had heard of such a procedure and he had not, so my expectations are beginning to fade. It just seems weird that such a well maintained website that supposedly represents a chain of numerous clinics is so hard to contact, I mean, this isn't a joke is it?

#28 mikez

mikez

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:12 AM

Well I mean where are the anectodes and studies to back it up? Its like it doesnt exist anywhere but that site. I will ask my derm when I see her in a few days what she thinks about it.

#29 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 22 2007, 09:12 AM) View Post
Well I mean where are the anectodes and studies to back it up? Its like it doesnt exist anywhere but that site. I will ask my derm when I see her in a few days what she thinks about it.

I agree, it is very suspect and I as I said in my previous post I asked my derm yesterday if he had heard of it and he wasn't sure, but mentioned something about a needle with an electronic current that that they pass through it, but he didn't recognize it as an acne procedure, but I now think he may have been talking about the same thing.

On the website they refer to the procedure as Kobayashi's method, so I goggled Kobayashi and once I got passed the worlds fastest eater I found multiple medical abstracts that were published March 2007 concerning a technique know as selective electrothermolysis of the sebaceous glands the research of which was headed by Kobayashi. Most of the trials conducted so far have been for facial sebhorea, which is apparently a disease attributed to over active sebaceous glands. So in short I know longer doubt the existence of the procedure, but I am becoming weary of it's promise as a cure to end all cures for facial acne.

I feel that I have exhausted goggles resources on this one and have been in obsess mode to a degree that I can only liken to when I was in high school and heard about the smooth beam laser coming out, which was also supposed to do irreparable damage to my sebaceous glands but, turned out to be a total flop and extremely painful. So in shorter short, I fucking hate my sebaceous glands eusa_dance.gif

Links:
http://sciencelinks....604A0505817.php

http://www.ingentaco...000002/art00006

#30 mikez

mikez

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:38 PM

Thanks for finding those links...that restores my faith. Accutane (which I am on now) , basically achieves the same effect (albeit side effects for some). Since it is by far the most effective medication, it is quite promising that this procedure has the same mechanism (assuming it can achieve what it states). I have never heard of sebhorea, but by looking at google images, not surprisingly, some of the condition bears resemblance to acne. I am definately going to ask my derm ! But without the availability, all the promise in the world will mean nothing for us.

#31 The Great Reizo

The Great Reizo

Andrew...The Android!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Buffy The Vampire Slayer, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Martial Arts and Military Tactics, Writing and Journalism, The Dictionary, Singing, Naked Mirror Dancing, Art, Computers, Video Games, Music Videos (Both viewing and making), Science, Metaphysics, Demonology, Religious Studies, Psychology and Daydreaming.<br /><br />Wanna know more? Hit me up and we'll talk!

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(bedrock @ Sep 9 2007, 10:22 PM) View Post
I'm sure your derm will know of this procedure. Sounds interesting since I have large pores and oily skin.

Yes, sebum production and aging aren't really related. Paula Begoun actually talks about this on her site...www.cosmeticscop.com
Andrew's Current Diabolical Face Reality Regimen...

Bright and Early
-------------------
1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner
4.) Glycolic Acid Serum
5.) SPF 30 Sunscreen

Late and Horny
------------------

1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner
4.) BP gel 5% (Vaseline on Friday)

PS I am selling my SciArt bulb and it is rated at 16,991/17,000 hours for 105$. Contact me if you're interested!

#32 True Blood

True Blood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:30 PM

wow, this looks promising. I have such oily skin and I would love to get this done. This is something I'll ask my derm. next visit.
My Regimen (started on 4/19/2010)

Morning and Night
-CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
-CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
-Olay Complete Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 15 for Sensitive Skin if going out in the sun

Claravis (started on 4/19/2010)
Month One- 30 mg
Month Two- 30 mg
Month Three- 40 mg

-Plexion Mask (10% Sodium Sulfacetamide and 5% Sulfur) 1-2 times a week
-Spot treat with Neosporin when needed
-Lots of Aquaphor!!

#33 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

Just got bck from my accutane follow up and the derm I see for that also hasn't heard of the procedure, but was convinced that it would work at the price of dry skin, which I would easily take over acne. Only problem is this weird South Korean Practice won't return my emails and I even tried to call them, but they hung up, because the lady couldn't understand what I was saying. I just kept exclaiming "English?" and then click, it was a turbulent and incoherent conversation. Hopefully somebody from Korea, or that speaks Korean will see this thread so we can get to the bottom of this, it's really very frustrating.

#34 Maximus76

Maximus76

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:10 PM

dude..this is so ****in cool...damn..i wanna catch the next flight to korea!!!!!!!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to gain great triumphs, even though checkered by defeats, than to take rank among those that suffer much because they choose to dwell with eternal twilight" - Roosevelt.

#35 Potatoes.

Potatoes.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:nuts on the road

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

Ridiculous. Everything in your body is there for a reason. How can you just kill it, there'll be adverse effects.

#36 JR86

JR86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:40 PM

what about the apendix? not every thing in the body is there for a reason.

#37 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(Po-ta-toes @ Sep 25 2007, 06:18 PM) View Post
Ridiculous. Everything in your body is there for a reason. How can you just kill it, there'll be adverse effects.

Yeah there propably would be, but I guarantee they wouldn't hold a candle to the "adverse effects" of accutane. And like mikez said there are all sorts of vestigial organs in many types of species and my older brother is somewhat ironically in the process of having his Appendix removed from appendicitis.

Anyway before we get ahead of ourselves we have to verify that the treatment actually exists and whether or not its as effective as they claim, maybe some of you guys could also try to e-mail them. So until then I will keep praying that this will even be an option before I have to start considering my third course of accutane.

#38 silverlake

silverlake

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:22 AM

I wonder if sticking electric current pads on your face (the ones used for anti-ageing face lifting) would have the same effects??? Maybe a stupid question, but has anyone actually tried treating with electricity an area with acne??

#39 Potatoes.

Potatoes.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:nuts on the road

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(Jordan19 @ Sep 26 2007, 01:40 AM) View Post
what about the apendix? not every thing in the body is there for a reason.

that's different as i'm sure you know. no one really knows if the apendix is of any use. just because it's often removed with no bad effects doesn't necessarily mean its of no use. all we know is it is or was at least, there for a reason. look it up.

sebaceous glands are however there for a good reason. to produce sebum..."Sebum acts to protect and waterproof hair and skin, and keep them from becoming dry, brittle and cracked. It can also inhibit the growth of microorganisms on skin."

doesn't it make sense that if you take that away there's gonna be further skin and hair problems?...just my 2 pennies worth.

#40 JR86

JR86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:44 PM

sebaceous glands aren't really that important. you'll have some dry skin without them though, but they definitely cause more problems.