Photo

Sebaceous Gland Removal

makeup

This topic is in the process of being archived.
229 replies to this topic

#221 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Elsewhere @ Aug 15 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe I JUST NOW stumbled onto this thread. Omg.

PLEASE keep us updated. If this has any major effect, positive or negative, it could change the way we think about sebum completely!!!

Good timing elsewhere smile.gif

So I just got back from the clinic,

They gave me a free cortisone injection and answered all my questions. smile.gif

If they can do the entire face and approximately how long it takes.
Yes, they can do the entire face, but it is not common. It would take 1-2 hours.

If it is permanent.
He said that it is permanent, but there is a catch. Apparently it is only completely permanent for adults, and that teenagers with fluctuating and fucked up hormones can actually regrow the sebaceous glands. I found this very interesting, but also disturbing, because I'm not sure if Ive passed the teenage threshold for having acne. I would have probed deeper into this, but there is still a small language barrier and I think he felt overwhelmed by my questioning. They only like to perform the op on people over 20 so, sorry kids. (I really am, I know I would have been stoked on this when I was younger and maybe you can still get it done as I'm sure it would be at least as "permanent" as accutane)

If it is painful.
No, not at all.

If they have decided on a price.
Nope,

If there are before and after pictures I can see.
Yes and they were quite convincing. Both were of asian females. One had moderate acne before and was 100% clear in the after and the the other showed sever acne before and a great improvement after, but it was hard to tell if she had any active acne, because it could have easily just been a shitload of scars and remarks. Either way I was impressed.

(Depending on the answers to the proceeding questions) If I can kiss him.
I got slapped,

Another interesting note that their website touches on is that three days after having the treatment all of your active acne literally erupts and you have to go back to the clinic for a major extraction. At first when he was explaining this to me he made it sound like every gland on your face would develop into a cyst and have to be professionally extracted. I was heart broken for about 2 minutes, because I would not be able to go back to the clinic as I'm leaving that day and would look horrendous on my first day of class! I was thinking that I would have to call it off! Luckily like I said it is only the active acne that reacts to this and the rest of your face will remain normal and because I only have one active Cyst I should be cool, but yeah I'm still a little worried about that and will continue taking my accutane to prevent anymore from coming up. Also as (AsiaXiah already said) the doc told me that the treatment has been hugely successful in SK and Japan.

There is still a lot of mystery, but its definitely becoming more tangible.

Really nice people by the way!

#222 1RoUnDeR1

1RoUnDeR1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

Pretty great stuff to hear andersoj. Its nice to learn more about this whole thing seeing as the info online is quite limited. Strange that they still haven't decided on a price. Hopefully you don't show up at your appointment and have them tell you that with the before/after discount it comes to $10,000.

#223 octopusfrog

octopusfrog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:34 AM

What's the website?

#224 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (dingleshugen @ Aug 16 2008, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's the website?

Its on the first post of this thread.

http://www.egowoon.com/sub_06_11.htm

#225 KittyKitty

KittyKitty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:05 PM

Thanks so much for the info! eusa_dance.gif
I'm wondering if hormonal adult acne in women would respond the same way a teenager's skin would?? GRRRR...I hope not, cuz that would suck sad.gif

#226 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (KittyKitty @ Aug 16 2008, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks so much for the info! eusa_dance.gif
I'm wondering if hormonal adult acne in women would respond the same way a teenager's skin would?? GRRRR...I hope not, cuz that would suck sad.gif

Thats a good question and I was wondering about that my self, but I think he would have brought it up up, or be discussed on the website if it were an issue. smile.gif

#227 paul051966

paul051966

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis, Daily Workout.

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (andersoj @ Aug 15 2008, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PLEASE keep us updated. If this has any major effect, positive or negative, it could change the way we think about sebum completely!!!

They gave me a free cortisone injection and answered all my questions. smile.gif

Yes, they can do the entire face, but it is not common. It would take 1-2 hours.

1-2 hours I can handle for permanency! Great info andersoj. I'm also a bit worried as I'm 42 with still active acne, albeit mostly blackheads due to my seb derm with over producing skin cells clogging my pores, but I still get an occasional cyst as well. Do you know if there is an option of being conscious, semi, or completely out? I'd like to at least be semi and feel out, even if it will add to the cost.

#228 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (paul051966 @ Aug 16 2008, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (andersoj @ Aug 15 2008, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know if there is an option of being conscious, semi, or completely out? I'd like to at least be semi and feel out, even if it will add to the cost.

I don't know if this is an option, but I agree it would be nice!

#229 MMD

MMD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

andersoj, are you planning on taking before and after pictures?

I would sure appreciate it if you would take before, immediately after, 24 hours after, 72 hours after, one week after, etc.

Once again, thanks for the updates and good luck with the treatment.

#230 MMD

MMD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:58 AM

So how did it go andersoj?

#231 KittyKitty

KittyKitty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

nm

#232 1RoUnDeR1

1RoUnDeR1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

andersoj, any word on how the procedure went? I'm sure you're busy with school and stuff but when you get a chance definitely tell us how things went/are going. Thanks man, I'll hope for the best!

#233 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:14 PM

Hey guys, yeah Ive been busy and don't have internet hooked up yet so sorry for the wait.

So unfortunately I have bad news and was unable to do the procedure.

The doctor from south korea was there and the machine were both there, but there was an integral crux that the doctor I spoke to prior either didn't understand, or was unable to communicate to me. This is that the they can only operate on sebacouse glands that are currently inflmamed with active acne. I have no active acne right now and for that reason there was nothing they could do. My heart sank.

I spoke to the SK expert and his translator about this for a good half hour and had a hard time accepting this fact. I didn't understand why they couldn't just start poking my pores to prevent future outbreaks, but eventually he showed me a PP presentation that he created with Dr. Kobayashi himself (this guy actually helped Kobayashi create the treatment) with a bunch of detailed before and after pictures and illustrations detailing the how it works. And how it works is that when you have an inflamed pimple your seb gland expands to 10-20 times its original size, thus making it possible to attack with a needle, normal sized glands are too difficult to hit.

For this reason the treatment is much better suited for patients who are prone to acne in isolated areas. Once you get a zit treated it seems clear that you will never get a zit there again, (which is amazing), but you have to be able to get your acne treated whenever you have a break out, making it unrealistic for me, not living in the area. If you have acne that pops up randomly then it would take quite a few treatments to get it all under control, but it is possible.

The people there are very kind and were very sympathetic of my situation, because they knew how much I had riding on this and how badly I want to stop taking accutane.

I am still considering stopping and flying back over when I have a breakout, but it would be very inconvenient and more importantly I never want to deal with a cyst on my face again, I can't imagine deliberately bringing back something that I'm so haunted by, even if its the only way to kill it. I still believe this treatment to be very great and powerful and am sure it will help many people, but the criteria is tight.

This is there website,

thegbeauty.com

Good luck and hopefully some of you will be able to get this done and tell us how it goes.

#234 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

What a huge letdown that must have been for you .... I am so sorry.

#235 1RoUnDeR1

1RoUnDeR1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

Terrible news man. Looks like accutane once again stands alone.

#236 paul051966

paul051966

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

I am very sorry to hear this Andersoj! Don't give up on it. Maybe short term, it's not feasable, but you might still be able to coordinate during winter or spring break and/or next summer.

I plan on still going at least for a consultation. I'm not on accutane and have active facial Seb Derm with blackheads, occasionaly I'll get an acne cyst or small whiteheads (due to a still over active hormones combined with the Seb derm clogging my pores), so I'm sure my glands are always in an enlarged over active status. I also have some areas which are more prone to blackheads and breakouts, so that is another probable reason I can get treated. I also live in Los Angeles. I'll update the group as things progress.

Did they mention cost Andersoj?

Paul

#237 paul051966

paul051966

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

I have a consultation tomorrow, no cost. Not sure if the actual doc will be in, probably not, but they promise they will be completely ready to answer any questions and have a complete diagnosis to see if I'm a worthy candidate. They stated will be doing a 5 layer deep skin analysis.

I'll advise.

#238 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (paul051966 @ Aug 27 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a consultation tomorrow, no cost. Not sure if the actual doc will be in, probably not, but they promise they will be completely ready to answer any questions and have a complete diagnosis to see if I'm a worthy candidate. They stated will be doing a 5 layer deep skin analysis.

I'll advise.

Lookin forward to hearing how it goes, the skin analysis alone is worth going for, very impressive. I forgot to mention that they use a different needle for blackheads, which they didn't have when I was there, but hopefully it will be coming soon. Also, unfortunately, they really can only operate on inflamed pimples, no matter how active your glands are around it.

Anyway good luck Paul,

#239 MerIzAdi

MerIzAdi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:50 PM

Hi, I live in New York City and I have a few questions about this. I would really appreciate some help please.

1) Is it going to come to the east coast and if so when? Any info about this?
2) I've tried to e-mail them but it didn't go through. I'm willing to go to LA but I need to contact them. Is there a phone number in the USA I can call? I don't really have access to an international phone.
3) Did they answer the question about long term effects? Like will your face be extra dry or something?

Thanks!

#240 VaPooRiZeR

VaPooRiZeR

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (LionQueen @ Aug 26 2008, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a huge letdown that must have been for you .... I am so sorry.

Lol I know I just read through the entire thread... it was an epic one full of suspense, anticipation, rivalries and with a tragic ending. Anywho I am now on accutane so I'll check back on this in a few months. Hopefully there will be more info and success to be had.