Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NdnRomeo

Sebaceous Gland Removal

307 posts in this topic

Isnt this what cyrosurgical destruction does?

well I guess the gland is the core of the pimple, and it's like the very last thing that will come out of the pimple.

it's like the 3rd layer of the pimple. Sometimes it's like a gooey hard piece, and when you get it out it the pimple will always heal. If left in the pimple will just fester worse than before.

Isnt this what cyrosurgical destruction does?

well I guess the gland is the core of the pimple, and it's like the very last thing that will come out of the pimple.

it's like the 3rd layer of the pimple. Sometimes it's like a gooey hard piece, and when you get it out it the pimple will always heal. If left in the pimple will just fester worse than before.

Dude that's just the core. The gland is still there.

does this apply to sebacious hyperplasia?

This is the place. Third review claims success, hopefully someone on here will try it.

read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.

This is really something. Is there anywhere in the midwest that does this? Anyone had good results with it? This whole procedure really makes sense when you think about it.

This is really something. Is there anywhere in the midwest that does this? Anyone had good results with it? This whole procedure really makes sense when you think about it.

By the way, I called the number out of curiosity and it was not in service. This thread needs an update!

This sounds...really painful.

Not to mention extreme and unnecessary.

After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.

Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:

-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.

-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.

-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)

-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.

-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.

-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.

-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

I'm not sure if anyones mentioned this or not because honestly I only read the first two pages of this thread, but wouldn't removing Sebaceous Glands cause major dryness? Think about it, peoples lip's don't have Sebaceous Glands, peoples lips are generaly the only part about them that gets very dry and chapped. So by removing one's Sebaceous Glands, wouldn't we be settiing one up to get "Chapped Face" or something?

be happy

wishing2Bclear, good point! If you look at julyseven's video on PDT, Dr. Ron Anderson says that PDT will not destroy all sebaceous glands so there will be some active, normal sebaceous glands on our skin. Luckily, if we were to undergo PDT, we'll still have our sebaceous glands.

After reading this, I'm seriously considering PDT.

"Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all." - Michael Masser

Hello. I am completely new to this site and I am here to say

i just started the kobayashi treatment before I came to this thread.

Last week was my consultation with the doctor at Lotus Beverly Skin Care

in Beverly Hills, Calif.

I stumbled on this thread just to do some research to find out if it's painful or not because i have ZERO tolerance

when it comes to pain. I'm starting the kobyashi treatment on tuesday of this week.

Prior to this, I went in for a few appointments where they injected like 10 shots into my face

to treat my inflamed acne, had a 30% glycolic acid peel, and did extractions on my acne.

(not gonna lie...it hurt like a bitch) but like i said, i have no pain tolerance. Before i start my kobayashi treatment, the doctor

told me to take 2 tylenol or advil pills to ease the pain but they are going to use topical anesthetic

to numb the pain.

to people who are curious of the cost here is the breakdown of what the doctor said

it was going to come out to be:

The Kobyashi + extraction= $1600

IPC $120 x5 = $600

Blue Light Laser $199 x 2=$398

Diamond Peeling: free! as a service.

SGF= $100 x 2= $200

total $2798.

The prices might be different for others but my acne is pretty severe and the doctor informed me

that i will have to go in twice a week for all these treatments to treat my acne.

as for the kobayashi treatment I would have to do it 3 times total.

I'm a little excited and scared to do this. Anyone else who is interested

i will try my best to keep you guys posted on how the results are coming out.

Hey hows it going guys? New here to this forum. I actually went to this place today and got my first treatment. It isn't called G laser or whatever anymore. Its called Lotus Beverly Skin Center. Yelp link here. http://www.yelp.com/biz/lotus-beverly-hills-skin-center-beverly-hills Anyways, it is a Korean based company and so most of the staff are Korean. There was one white worker there but I don't know what she does; apparently it was her first day there. But I am Korean as well and my mom heard of them on the Korean radio channel. They were talking about how in 3 treatments, you will be acne free, so she took me. I tried to do some research last night and found this thread. Thought that maybe I can give some imput to help fellow sufferers.

I arrived to the place, horrible parking. There is a valet guy, but he told us we can't park there today because there are too much cars. Well, apparently he didn't want to do his job and move cars as needed. So we parked on the streets. We walk in and the place looks great, we fill out a piece of paper, and then have the consultation. After giving her some history, she lets us know what treatments I need. There are THREE levels of the Kobayashi. Apparently, my acne is severe enough to need the highest level. If I can remember correctly, there is a special for this MONTH only! So if you are interested, act fast or pay more later. Level 1 = about $1500? Level 2 = about $1800? Level 3 = about $2100? Those prices are for the full three treatments + extraction. They also added something else that added up to a grand total of $2600. I wasn't really listening because my mother was doing most of the talking.

So after all that, we begin. They have me wash my face with their soap/cleanser twice. Then their nurse put on some face numbing cream on my face. Since my acne is severe and sensitive, she gave me the 23% lidocaine cream. After 10 minutes of letting it settle in, we begin. I really wish she let it sit longer, because Kobayashi is painful. She first started off on my forehead, where I don't really have any acne but a couple blackheads she wanted to extract. Not so sensitive there, so I didn't feel much pain and I thought this treatment was going to be cake. Then she started to move in to the sensitive areas. Not only were they sensitive areas, but also inflamed and acne would hurt to the touch. Pretty much, the machine has this little needle where she sticks into your pores, presses a button, and the machine sends an electric shock. The thing is, it doesn't ALWAYS hurt, so there is always that anticipation of pain that I hated. I would be clenching a towel that I asked for and my hands got tired. The more inflamed pimples hurt more than the non-inflamed. You can actually feel/hear the buzzing and feel your skin contract on the bigger pimples. When it doesn't hurt, the pain on a scale of 0-10 is between 0-2. But when it does hurt, its anywhere from a 4-8. After I was done with all that hell, she injected my big inflamed ones with a steroid to help with the inflammation. That stung a bit. After all that, an assistant took me to another room and put some cream/mask on me. I fell asleep because I did not have much sleep the night before. Then all done! ALSO, if you are going to do this, I'd suggest wearing cool clothing, because I was sweating from all the tenseness and pain.

They told me to come back in on Friday for a simple extraction and facial mask. Kobayashi is done once a month so my next treatment wont be till next month. I can already see some difference, but they did let me know that in the next three days, I will have a breakout and not to be alarmed. They also instructed not to pick at it, which will be hard for me.

Anyways that is about it and I'll try to let you guys know my progress. Let me know if you have any questions. If I don't know the answers, I'll try to remember and ask them when I go. OH, and they also did take pictures of my face before the lidocaine. I can't wait to see the before and after comparisons. AND, also ask for Nurse Christine. She is a registered nurse from Korea and has only been in this country for 5 years, but her english is pretty impressive for her short time here. I am a nursing student so we had lots to talk about.

Good luck to anyone trying to do the Kobayashi. Its no walk in the park, thats forsure.

Hello. I am completely new to this site and I am here to say

i just started the kobayashi treatment before I came to this thread.

Last week was my consultation with the doctor at Lotus Beverly Skin Care

in Beverly Hills, Calif.

I stumbled on this thread just to do some research to find out if it's painful or not because i have ZERO tolerance

when it comes to pain. I'm starting the kobyashi treatment on tuesday of this week.

Prior to this, I went in for a few appointments where they injected like 10 shots into my face

to treat my inflamed acne, had a 30% glycolic acid peel, and did extractions on my acne.

(not gonna lie...it hurt like a bitch) but like i said, i have no pain tolerance. Before i start my kobayashi treatment, the doctor

told me to take 2 tylenol or advil pills to ease the pain but they are going to use topical anesthetic

to numb the pain.

to people who are curious of the cost here is the breakdown of what the doctor said

it was going to come out to be:

The Kobyashi + extraction= $1600

IPC $120 x5 = $600

Blue Light Laser $199 x 2=$398

Diamond Peeling: free! as a service.

SGF= $100 x 2= $200

total $2798.

The prices might be different for others but my acne is pretty severe and the doctor informed me

that i will have to go in twice a week for all these treatments to treat my acne.

as for the kobayashi treatment I would have to do it 3 times total.

I'm a little excited and scared to do this. Anyone else who is interested

i will try my best to keep you guys posted on how the results are coming out.

How did your treatment go? If you thought the acne shots hurt, I can't imagine what you thought about the Kobayashi.

FWIW there's another medspa group w Korean roots, w locations around the greater LA area, called Dr. Midas Medical Group (www.doctormidas.com) - I went there today thanks to a great Groupon deal & they recommended Kobayashi - they quoted $499 for a smaller area, & indicated probably just 1 treatment needed. I immediately started the Google "research" journey about Kobayashi & it led here. smile.png

Perhaps Google Translator could help shed more light on this topic & its loooong-term results via reviews from countries where this approach has been around longer...? Does anyone have links to forums w reviews in other languages (Korean, Japanese, etc.)?

Cantstopwontstop and Meows, how have your after-experiences thus far compared to those mentioned in the links posted by julyseven? *Thank you* for what you have shared thus far!! (and thank you, julyseven!)

Re: Dr. Midas, they used radio frequency to do extractions today, which I haven't heard of before, but it was painless. I'm intrigued to see what else they offer that isn't standard in the US. Their prices seem to be very competitive, & like most medspas, they have an orientation toward the upsell. They offer acupuncture, & have licensed acupuncturists, but I'm not sure yet about MDs; it almost seems that "Dr Midas" might be a mascot rather than an actual doctor...? (which is a bit disturbing in a setting where medical procedures are offered...?) Anywho, parking was great & the office was very clean. The person who did the extractions didn't speak much English, which made me nervous, but she did a very good job in the end.

FWIW there's another medspa group w Korean roots, w locations around the greater LA area, called Dr. Midas Medical Group (www.doctormidas.com) - I went there today thanks to a great Groupon deal & they recommended Kobayashi - they quoted $499 for a smaller area, & indicated probably just 1 treatment needed. I immediately started the Google "research" journey about Kobayashi & it led here. smile.png

Perhaps Google Translator could help shed more light on this topic & its loooong-term results via reviews from countries where this approach has been around longer...? Does anyone have links to forums w reviews in other languages (Korean, Japanese, etc.)?

Cantstopwontstop and Meows, how have your after-experiences thus far compared to those mentioned in the links posted by julyseven? *Thank you* for what you have shared thus far!! (and thank you, julyseven!)

Re: Dr. Midas, they used radio frequency to do extractions today, which I haven't heard of before, but it was painless. I'm intrigued to see what else they offer that isn't standard in the US. Their prices seem to be very competitive, & like most medspas, they have an orientation toward the upsell. They offer acupuncture, & have licensed acupuncturists, but I'm not sure yet about MDs; it almost seems that "Dr Midas" might be a mascot rather than an actual doctor...? (which is a bit disturbing in a setting where medical procedures are offered...?) Anywho, parking was great & the office was very clean. The person who did the extractions didn't speak much English, which made me nervous, but she did a very good job in the end.

After my first kobayashi treatment, three days after I got a simple extraction and cold pack on my face. The following week, I got an "IPC". Basically chemical peel + extraction + cold pack. Third week, the same, IPC. This wednesday, I go in for my 2nd kobayashi treatment, and to be honest, I see a big difference in my skin. During the second week, I didn't see much improvement and I was doubting this method. Now going into my 4th week, I have almost no cystic breakouts. Just a few small ones here and there, versus my 20-30 large pimples before the treatment. I'm really interested in how my face will look after the second month. To be honest, I am not looking forward to my kobayashi treatments. They hurt like hell. Good luck with you and your journey with kobayashi, mariposita! Let us know how that goes!

Okaaaaay...when we walk into the realm of cutting, burning, poisoning and ultimately destroying parts of the body so we can be pretty then sorry to tell you; THERE ARE GOING TO BE HORRIBLE CONSIQUENCES! If any of you are actually going to get this done, and you haven't even tried a water fast with enemas then I'm sorry...you're NUTS!

Nothing is cut, burned, poisoned, or destroyed. The sebaceous gland is still there, just contracted. An electric shock will cause something to contract, in this case, the gland. Chemical peel is the closest thing that comes to burning, and our body does that naturally (pushes old, dead cells off to let new ones surface), this just does it on the spot. Horrible consequences? Might be some side effects later in life, MAYBE. No one knows. But no facility will do this and risk their license and a lawsuit, possibly jail time.

What is worse than this is Accutane. THATS putting chemicals in your body. I'm not saying it doesn't work, cause it does. I even learned it in nursing school. But Accutane has worse side effects, i.e. suicidal tendencies.

Who are you to judge what people do to their own bodies? Can I judge you for your lame bowl cut? It's like telling people with earrings/piercings, or tattoos that they shouldn't do it. Let people do what they want. You do not know what another person is going in their life, so I'd suggest you stop.

Okay I didn't even bother to read all of that, sorry for you wasting all of your effort and time to write that out, but I read the last thing you said. It doesn't seem you still understand this procedure/method. That is how ignorant people usually are. Please tell me where in the descriptions say anything is cut out. Stop being ignorant. The OP started this topic ASKING about the procedure. Clearly OP didn't know how it was done so OP just wrote 'removal'. The procedure involves a shock that shrinks your sebaceous gland. It will, over a certain amount of time, re-open, but by that time, we hope hormones and oil production will be down.

Similar to hair removal. OH SHIT WE REMOVED HAIR?! PEOPLE ARE GOING TO START DYING. K, not that dramatic, but same shit. Hair that has been removed will grow back after a certain amount of years. Same with this. Gland will re-open. It is not permanent.

Again, I did not read any of that NOVEL that you wrote, but the last part. You seem to think that I care about what you have to say. I'm on here to share my experience with this method. I can get banned from here and I wont give a shit, unlike you. This is for everyone else's benefit. I don't have to share my experience. I signed up recently to educate on Kobayashi and share my experience, and if I get banned, idgaf.

I didn't "enflame" anything. It's spelled inflamed btw. I was just letting you know that you should be more educated on the subject before you even say anything/bag on Kobayashi. Or even your "opinion" on "cutting out" sebaceous glands. You don't have a medical license to back yourself up (yet there are medical professionals that will back up this procedure, putting their license on the line). You're like someone who tries to teach someone else how to drive a stick shift, but does not know how to drive one themselves. Or explains the procedure of a craniotomy to a patient, yet you don't know what the hell that is. Catch my drift? You were too ignorant to research this, but you're giving your opinion? Stop.

And I'm dangerous? LOL what gave you that impression? That I'm a gang banger? That I have guns within my disposal? That I benchpress 500 pounds and im having roid rages? I'm neither of those things, and have not threatened you in any way. Stop being a little bitch, forill. Stop trying to look innocent so you wont "get banned".

If I get banned, fuck it. No one else will know my results in 2 more months (im almost half way through). Only the staff, my friends/family, and I will know. And they (skin center) take pictures every week. So I actually have photo proof, not some bullshit that other people say something works, and they don't even show before/afters.

Okay, I just read the first few lines to see how dumb you are, and I'm right.

1. I really didn't read anything but your last paragraph from your first response. LOL don't flatter yourself, bro. I care more about a cockroach living in my attic than what you have to say.

2."stop being a rotten asshole" wow, great explanation of how you're saying anything is cut out.

3. prove to me that it does have dangerous side effects. OH RIGHT, ITS "EXPERIMENTAL", how would you know? except theyve been doing this in japan and korea for awhile now and no major S|E. just because the u.s. just got it now doesn't mean its brand spankin new. the u.s. isnt always caught up on new things.

4. I never said you mentioned death, i was being sarcastic. you do know what that is right?

Okay, I stopped reading past this. I am utterly shocked by your childish comebacks and dumbass responses. Reading even 1/50th of what you wrote, I became THAAT much stupider, and just pisses me off at how stupid one (the medic) can be.

If moderators ban me after this, thats fine with me. I really dont give a fuck, plain and simple. If mods keep me around, I will let everyone know how this method is going and the end result. I have nothing to lose from being banned, but everyone has something to gain with me being here.

If this would get rid of my EXTREMELY large pores, I would so do it. My face looks like the moon... with all its ginormous craters. sad.png

bump

http://www.acneskintreatment.com.au/

personal experiences with SGA, Kobayashi method are welcome

Further to the above post, this place in Australia is offering Sebaceous Gland Ablation (SGA)

http://www.clearskin..._treatments.php

I've actually been to this place in Australia and enquired about this treatment. They call it SGA but it's essentially the same as Kobayashi.

Essentially they confirmed what has been discussed earlier in this thread - the needles can only destroy the sebaceous glands in infected pores. It can take several treatments to destory one gland but when destroyed, it should not cause problems again once the infection inside it disappears. Trouble is, there are so many glands in the face - about 1200 per square centimetre! Any one of those other glands could potentially end up causing you problems in the long run. So, it is by no means a truly ultimate solution, but I'm sure it can be very effective in targeting and eliminating the most problematic glands in the face.

I was in fact hopeful that it could eliminate blackheads on the nose, as the only areas on the nose that seem to get blocked by a blackhead are the visible pores, the ones with tiny hairs in them. These are fewer in number - perhaps about 100 if you count the minor ones - so I was hoping they could all be targeted pretty easily, as I had read that the treament could be used on blackheads. Unfortunately, I was told that the needles they use are only big enough to work on particularly large blackheads, not on relatively minor ones, so couldn't be used on the nose in my case.

Having looked into PDT recently, I am very encouraged - when it comes to destroying sebaceous glands, it seems a more logical route to go down than the Kobayashi method. Because it uses light, it can target ALL the sebaceous glands in the face at once - all 1200-per-square-centimetre of them! And the result seems to be just as permanent.