Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sebaceous Gland Removal

250 posts in this topic

Yes I do know something you don't. You'll learn about it and tell people after the 23rd.

How bout you tell me now so I don't have to waste my time?

read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.

you'll see.... pal.

Like I said, if you know so much, why don't you share your knowledge about the shortcomings of the procedure with us?

Right now it just sounds like you are talking out your you know what. Seriously, why even bother posting if you aren't willing to back up any of your statements? A lot of us have real interest in this procedure because we desperately want to find a solution for our condition. Why taunt us with captious statements that do little but exacerbate people who have it hard enough as it is?

you'll see.... pal.

How confident yet mysterious! Why don't you go make uncorroborated statements on some other message board and stop wasting our time over here.

man you people are arrogant <.<

this isnt any longer a topic for the science in SEbaceous gland removal. this is purely a showoff topic now where you can brag.

stop harassing the guy, though he says it wont work a mysterious way. time will tell if it work for you americans. not yourself before that, how should you know he isnt right?

this isnt any longer a topic for the science in SEbaceous gland removal. this is purely a showoff topic now where you can brag.

stop harassing the guy, though he says it wont work a mysterious way. time will tell if it work for you americans. not yourself before that, how should you know he isnt right?

"You americans?" Well I can already see what kind of post this is. "this is purely a showoff topic now where you can brag." Don't really know what that means since no one on this topic is bragging about anything. One guy is telling us the procedure does not work but not telling us how and/or why it doesn't. We don't know if he is right or not and that is the frustrating part. To come on this message board and make broad, uncorroborated statements is very frustrating. If you have some information that is worth our while and may be beneficial and save us all time and money you should share that with us instead of being an asshole and saying "you'll see..."

You and superMachi should get together!

You blame us for for turning this into a thread to brag but maybe you should read the last couple of pages again with your glasses on. We are simply asking supermachi to elaborate on his statements. Surely where you come from you expect people to back up their statements?

time will tell if it work for you americans.

What kind of statement is that you racist asshole?

before that, how should you know he isnt right?

BECAUSE HE CANNOT BACK UP ANY OF HIS COMMENTS! DUH!

I don't know where you come from, but in AMERICA, when posting on medical forums people expect clarity and scientific accuracy from people before they believe anything. We are only being hard on supermachi because it is clear he is just talking out his ass. He refuses to prove me wrong.

if someone absolutely wants to delete the posts which have a staint of.. well strong emotions yea, cant they then also delete the braggin posts and not just our posts which wants to plant some doubt about the amazing in this.

i have read the rules, and can see braggin n' showoff isnt okay. then shouldnt they be deleted too..

i really care for this topic, if its really a cure with an almost 100% sucessrate for people. Then i would gladly sell everything i own to get my life and joy back, but i really dont find anything contributing or find any joy in andersojs posts about him and his hot girls, which hes going to get in the shack with now that he's been treated...

I have invis'd all of the trolling comments and the responses they caused.

Let's try to keep this thread on track. I don't know why people are getting so freaked out over this topic.

andersoj is basically sticking his own neck out here to try an unfamiliar procedure. It's his money and his face on the line.

If you want to argue the science with him or others, fine ..... but I will not tolerate trolling, personal attacks, pointless America-bashing, or any other posts that cause trouble and waste space.

Final warning. :)

Retired from Acne.org

Thanks LionQUeen,

I'm going back to the clinic this friday to get a big fucking cyst on my chin injected (Apparently what happens when I don't take my tane for 4 days). Anyway I'm gonna try and get some more info out of the doc, but mind you he is not an expert on the procedure. I'm going to ask him:

If they can do the entire face and approximately how long it takes.

If it is permanent.

If it is painful.

If they have decided on a price.

If there are before and after pictures I can see.

(Depending on the answers to the proceeding questions) If I can kiss him.

Any other questions? let me know.

andersoj, best of luck, I'm sure you are scared or at least nervous. This is a huge help for us all, and we are grateful to you for being really a guinea pig of sorts.

Regards (keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers).

Paul from Los Angeles

So what happened today andersoj? By the way, sorry about the cyst man. I really wish I knew why people like us can't be cured for life by a full course of tane like so many others, but at least we clear while on it. Anyway, hopefully you'll have some good news to report.

I can't believe I JUST NOW stumbled onto this thread. Omg.

PLEASE keep us updated. If this has any major effect, positive or negative, it could change the way we think about sebum completely!!!

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."- Gkar, Objects in Motion

"I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos. The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves." - Carl Sagan

PLEASE keep us updated. If this has any major effect, positive or negative, it could change the way we think about sebum completely!!!

Good timing elsewhere :)

So I just got back from the clinic,

They gave me a free cortisone injection and answered all my questions. :)

Yes, they can do the entire face, but it is not common. It would take 1-2 hours.

If it is permanent.

He said that it is permanent, but there is a catch. Apparently it is only completely permanent for adults, and that teenagers with fluctuating and fucked up hormones can actually regrow the sebaceous glands. I found this very interesting, but also disturbing, because I'm not sure if Ive passed the teenage threshold for having acne. I would have probed deeper into this, but there is still a small language barrier and I think he felt overwhelmed by my questioning. They only like to perform the op on people over 20 so, sorry kids. (I really am, I know I would have been stoked on this when I was younger and maybe you can still get it done as I'm sure it would be at least as "permanent" as accutane)

If it is painful.

No, not at all.

If they have decided on a price.

Nope,

If there are before and after pictures I can see.

Yes and they were quite convincing. Both were of asian females. One had moderate acne before and was 100% clear in the after and the the other showed sever acne before and a great improvement after, but it was hard to tell if she had any active acne, because it could have easily just been a shitload of scars and remarks. Either way I was impressed.

(Depending on the answers to the proceeding questions) If I can kiss him.

I got slapped,

Another interesting note that their website touches on is that three days after having the treatment all of your active acne literally erupts and you have to go back to the clinic for a major extraction. At first when he was explaining this to me he made it sound like every gland on your face would develop into a cyst and have to be professionally extracted. I was heart broken for about 2 minutes, because I would not be able to go back to the clinic as I'm leaving that day and would look horrendous on my first day of class! I was thinking that I would have to call it off! Luckily like I said it is only the active acne that reacts to this and the rest of your face will remain normal and because I only have one active Cyst I should be cool, but yeah I'm still a little worried about that and will continue taking my accutane to prevent anymore from coming up. Also as (AsiaXiah already said) the doc told me that the treatment has been hugely successful in SK and Japan.

There is still a lot of mystery, but its definitely becoming more tangible.

Really nice people by the way!

Pretty great stuff to hear andersoj. Its nice to learn more about this whole thing seeing as the info online is quite limited. Strange that they still haven't decided on a price. Hopefully you don't show up at your appointment and have them tell you that with the before/after discount it comes to $10,000.

Thanks so much for the info! :dance:

I'm wondering if hormonal adult acne in women would respond the same way a teenager's skin would?? GRRRR...I hope not, cuz that would suck :(

Thanks so much for the info! :dance:

I'm wondering if hormonal adult acne in women would respond the same way a teenager's skin would?? GRRRR...I hope not, cuz that would suck :(

Thats a good question and I was wondering about that my self, but I think he would have brought it up up, or be discussed on the website if it were an issue. :)

Yes, they can do the entire face, but it is not common. It would take 1-2 hours.

1-2 hours I can handle for permanency! Great info andersoj. I'm also a bit worried as I'm 42 with still active acne, albeit mostly blackheads due to my seb derm with over producing skin cells clogging my pores, but I still get an occasional cyst as well. Do you know if there is an option of being conscious, semi, or completely out? I'd like to at least be semi and feel out, even if it will add to the cost.

Do you know if there is an option of being conscious, semi, or completely out? I'd like to at least be semi and feel out, even if it will add to the cost.

I don't know if this is an option, but I agree it would be nice!

andersoj, are you planning on taking before and after pictures?

I would sure appreciate it if you would take before, immediately after, 24 hours after, 72 hours after, one week after, etc.

Once again, thanks for the updates and good luck with the treatment.