Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sebaceous Gland Removal

250 posts in this topic

Gobayasi sebaceous gland removal

This is a fundamental interception by destroying sebaceous glands on the T-zone where most oil is produced. By suppressing oil production semi-permanently, it is removing the cause of enlarged pores. Specially designed Gobayasi fine insulating needle is inserted into every single pore to remove sebaceous glands. It is highly effective at treating recurrent inflamed acne, de-shining the nose (which results in uneven makeup) and reducing pores. This procedure is especially good for patients with a lot of blackheads in their noses (sebum collects and hardens in the pores without being expelled through the skin and the exposed tip becomes oxidized and black.) A series of treatments (about 4) spaced out about 2~4 weeks apart is recommended. Treating the nose usually takes no more than 40 minutes. If patient is older, healing period will be longer, so an interval of 3~4 weeks is more appropriate.

Gone out of the country July 5th to August 5th

Finally Clear! < Click link for regimen

People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.

I'm sure your derm will know of this procedure. Sounds interesting since I have large pores and oily skin.

your skin would age fast.

People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.

Sun damage has more to do with aging than pretty much anything else besides genetics.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

true, lack of oil doesn't cause wrinkles, lack of collagen does.

I'm going to try moving this into Acne Research .... curious to see what people there have to say about it.

if no one comes up with any supporting/opposing studies, we can always move it back here.

Retired from Acne.org

I'm going to try moving this into Acne Research .... curious to see what people there have to say about it.

if no one comes up with any supporting/opposing studies, we can always move it back here.

Do you really think taking the nature-given sebaceous gland away isnt going to have a "Catch"?. I bet you there is one eventhough I do not know what.

1 person likes this

Do you really think taking the nature-given sebaceous gland away isnt going to have a "Catch"?. I bet you there is one eventhough I do not know what.

I wonder what it is, because they seem so useless :( Or possibly just getting rid of half, or a little more than half on t zone areas so you can still get the benefits of natural sebum without too much of it perhaps. :think:

I wonder what it is, because they seem so useless :( Or possibly just getting rid of half, or a little more than half on t zone areas so you can still get the benefits of natural sebum without too much of it perhaps. :think:

Sebum, some people say, has absolutely no functional purpose. I believe they take the view that Sebaceous Glands are simply things with which Man has nullified a reqirement for through years of evolving, yet the organ is still physically there. It definately has no impact on one's visible aging.

The consistency of the Sebum is what determines whether or not it clogs pores, so just having oily skin doesn't always equal acne. Though the hormonal factors which quite often trigger heightened Sebaceous activity also cause the Sebum to be thicker.

The thicker Sebum clogs the pore, and P.Acne's (good bacteria found in abundance on one's skin) feed off of that oil. Then your body tries to fight off the infection, thus we have inflamed, oily, puss filled lesions. (Not that anybody asked, but i thought it might help a few understand what happens)

My only reservation is that perhaps the Sebaceous Gland does still serve a functional, even required purpose, and by removing them we would be creating another problem. Something more complex, and somewhat irreversible. :think:

"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free."

-Bill Hicks

Duuude...

I wonder if there is any surgery for getting your face removed?

Now that would sure solve all my problems!

:ghost:

Taking Accutane was perhaps the single best decision of my life.

Not taking it sooner was quite possibly the biggest mistake.

My 'tane log: Iliad's Odyssey It's clear skin and clear skies beyond...

how about skin transplants, take the skin off your bicep and put it on your face so you would have way less sebum glands.

#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.

#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.

#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.

#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.

#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.

#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.

#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

Part of the purpose of sebum is to provide the protective acid mantle to the skin. There are those of us who have such significant sebum production though, that loss of half our facial sebum production ability may not actually greatly harm our skin's natural acidity, but that's just a guess on my part.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

how about skin transplants, take the skin off your bicep and put it on your face so you would have way less sebum glands.

?..when..?

Sebum, some people say, has absolutely no functional purpose. I believe they take the view that Sebaceous Glands are simply things with which Man has nullified a reqirement for through years of evolving, yet the organ is still physically there. It definately has no impact on one's visible aging.

The consistency of the Sebum is what determines whether or not it clogs pores, so just having oily skin doesn't always equal acne. Though the hormonal factors which quite often trigger heightened Sebaceous activity also cause the Sebum to be thicker.

The thicker Sebum clogs the pore, and P.Acne's (good bacteria found in abundance on one's skin) feed off of that oil. Then your body tries to fight off the infection, thus we have inflamed, oily, puss filled lesions. (Not that anybody asked, but i thought it might help a few understand what happens)

My only reservation is that perhaps the Sebaceous Gland does still serve a functional, even required purpose, and by removing them we would be creating another problem. Something more complex, and somewhat irreversible. :think:

Part of the purpose of sebum is to provide the protective acid mantle to the skin. There are those of us who have such significant sebum production though, that loss of half our facial sebum production ability may not actually greatly harm our skin's natural acidity, but that's just a guess on my part.

Jesus! Where do I sign up.

Edit: I guess I'll be going to south Korea within the next few years if this seemingly simple and miraculous treatment doesn't make it here by then...I'm serious and thanks for bringing this to my attention NdnRomeo.

Here is a Q&A that I found on the site, this really sounds too good to be true, but South Korea has always been ahead of its time.

Question:

I’d like to find an acne treatment which will make sure I don’t get acne again

I have been suffering from acne for a long time. I’ve tried applying medication supposed to work wonders and have visited dermatologists, but to no avail. I have spent so much time and money in acne treatment. I’m getting to lose confidence as my skin is more and more covered with acne… Is there a magical treatment to get rid of acne?

Answer:

Acne is an infection of follicles; a kind of folliculitis. Unlike typical folliculitis, however, acne only occurs where there are sebaceous glands. Acne treatment, using Gobayasi insulating needle takes advantage of this characteristic and destroys sebaceous glands to ensure acne does not occur in that particular spot any more. Specially designed fine insulating needle destroys sebaceous glands; this works in the same theory as permanent hair removal which destroys hair roots so that hair does not grow again. Gobayasi insulating needle procedure completely cures adult onset acne with a mere 1~2 treatments. Rather than teenage acne when all follicles are actively involved, the insulating needle treatment is more suitable for adult onset acne after the age of 20, chronic recurrent acne, acne along your jaw line which leaves scars, and intractable inflamed acne.

On an average, two procedures are needed, with a one-month waiting period in between. It can be done in as little as 30 minutes and you can wash your face and apply makeup immediately after procedure. The destroyed sebaceous glands can be squeezed clean the day after procedure at the clinic. It typically takes a month for the acne to subside and 4 months for the redness to completely disappear.

read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.

Jesus! Where do I sign up.

Edit: I guess I'll be going to south Korea within the next few years if this seemingly simple and miraculous treatment doesn't make it here by then...I'm serious and thanks for bringing this to my attention NdnRomeo.

Here is a Q&A that I found on the site, this really sounds too good to be true, but South Korea has always been ahead of its time.

Question:

I��‚��„�d like to find an acne treatment which will make sure I don��‚��„�t get acne again

I have been suffering from acne for a long time. I��‚��„�ve tried applying medication supposed to work wonders and have visited dermatologists, but to no avail. I have spent so much time and money in acne treatment. I��‚��„�m getting to lose confidence as my skin is more and more covered with acne��‚�� Is there a magical treatment to get rid of acne?

Answer:

Acne is an infection of follicles; a kind of folliculitis. Unlike typical folliculitis, however, acne only occurs where there are sebaceous glands. Acne treatment, using Gobayasi insulating needle takes advantage of this characteristic and destroys sebaceous glands to ensure acne does not occur in that particular spot any more. Specially designed fine insulating needle destroys sebaceous glands; this works in the same theory as permanent hair removal which destroys hair roots so that hair does not grow again. Gobayasi insulating needle procedure completely cures adult onset acne with a mere 1~2 treatments. Rather than teenage acne when all follicles are actively involved, the insulating needle treatment is more suitable for adult onset acne after the age of 20, chronic recurrent acne, acne along your jaw line which leaves scars, and intractable inflamed acne.

On an average, two procedures are needed, with a one-month waiting period in between. It can be done in as little as 30 minutes and you can wash your face and apply makeup immediately after procedure. The destroyed sebaceous glands can be squeezed clean the day after procedure at the clinic. It typically takes a month for the acne to subside and 4 months for the redness to completely disappear.

would there be any drawbacks? like permanently super dry skin?

Still waiting for them to e-mail me back concerning the details.

read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.