Photo

Dan's BP gel (on-topic thread!)

makeup benzoyl peroxide

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4

Posted 16 March 2004 - 08:47 PM

Just checked the old threads... looks like i started using it around the 5th of January... sooo, judging by how much if left i should be running out kinda soon, cause there is just under 1/4 left, eeek... didn't notice, lol.

So about 3 months per tube, still not bad. biggrin.gif

-Gaz *needs to buy more* ](*,)

#42 AlPacino1

AlPacino1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2004 - 08:50 PM

any idea how much a tube is and shipping etc? ive looked but cant find anything. prob to do with the fact that im a dumb ass cockney

#43 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 16 March 2004 - 08:50 PM

how much bigger is it than the crappy oxy on the spot. that stuff is really pissing me off now

It's about 4x the size of those shitty things i reckon the tube looks around the length of 2.3 Oxy tubes an s about 2.5 times the thickness. It'll last you around what 3 Oxy's do, AT LEAST... probably as long as 4 last you.

You don't need to use as much so it's most likely 4.

-Gaz

#44 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 16 March 2004 - 08:54 PM

any idea how much a tube is and shipping etc? ive looked but cant find anything. prob to do with the fact that im a dumb ass cockney

Yeah, being a cockney is defo a problem when trying to use your brain, but fear not... for i have no idea either. biggrin.gif

Dan told me in a PM (ooo, secret info here) that shipping won't be much, since it only weighs 5oz... but the thing is that it's not so much the weight as it is the fact that it has a lot of water to cross... being delivered by UPS i believe so you could check the price on a 5oz shipment from US to UK.

No idea on tube price, original estimate was about $11 i think, but i dunno now. Wouldn't like to say. :-#

-Gaz

#45 AlPacino1

AlPacino1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2004 - 08:57 PM

gonna be fuckin expensive shippin in bulk then but its gotta be done cos this oxy bunches up the second that its on the face

#46 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:11 PM

Some answers:

It's 5.3 times bigger than neutrogena on-the-spot. I'm not sure how big oxy on-the-spot is.

The manufacturer can produce 10,000 tubes per day. Could you imagine!

I'm charging definitely less than ten bucks. I'm trying hard to get it under nine. Shipping in the states is $3.25 for 1 tube, $5 for 2, 6.50 for 3 etc. Our distributor gave us a great deal so I could keep shipping costs low.

Shipping takes about 3-5 days domestic, and I'm not sure about international. From what I know at this point it really depends on the country. For more info on international shipping you can check out shopinprivate.com. They've been doing this much longer and have a good page on international shipping issues.

#47 AlPacino1

AlPacino1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:50 PM

will shipping to the UK be the same deal as in a little bit more for each tube or with it be just one set price?

#48 vinz

vinz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:13 PM

I've been following these boards for about 3 weeks now as well as the story with Dan's BP Gel. I think I'll order like 3 or 4 right away, they seem so good. haha
Good luck with the rest, I can hardly wait.

#49 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 March 2004 - 11:02 AM

Al,

It's the same deal with International, the price of shipping goes down when you order more because the post office charges less.

#50 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 17 March 2004 - 11:46 AM

So i take it the BP is being shipped from China or wherever ur stuff is being produced... outside the US, yes?

-Gaz

#51 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:43 PM

Only the raw materials for the tubes come from China. The product is made in the U.S. in California. Then it is sent to Austin, Texas where everything is shipped from.

#52 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2004 - 12:28 AM

what are the ingredients besides benzoyl peroxide????

#53 CelineCarey

CelineCarey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:48 AM

What strength is the BP gel going to be? I have been having the most difficult time finding any BP product under 10%. I would really love a 2.5% gel even 5%. 10% makes my skin too raw! I know ProActive's lotion is 2.5% but it also contains fragrance. Their toner broke me out and I don't want to risk it with the BP lotion.

#54 Jen-

Jen-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2004 - 02:55 PM

It's definately going to be 2.5%

#55 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:12 AM

The gel is now available at http://www.acnesupplies.com

It is not sticky at all. The gel I tried from my HMO is sticky, but this one is not, which is part of the reason I like it so much.

Let me know what you think of it if you try it.

-Dan

#56 CelineCarey

CelineCarey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:17 AM

I was looking at the ingredients list. Isn't methyparaben an irritant? I read that it is a perservative that should only be used in rinse off products. Have any of you who have used the gel experienced any irritation? I really would like to try this gel as all of the other BP products leave a white cast on your face no matter how hard you try to blend. Thanks.

#57 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:57 PM

People get too caught up in the ''OMG, it has a comedogenic ingredient!'' thing too much... you never know how something will work unless...

1. You try it first.
2. It's called by Clearasil Face Wash. (Hint: Won't work)

Example, I use Urban Rites Face Relief which has a fair few 'bad' ingredients... so in theory it should suck for acne sufferers. But it works great for me, i tried a tub of Almay moisturiser which costs 3 times the price... Almay are renounded for their gentle products that apparently contain NOTHING irritating... but it did a crap job compared to the Urban Rites... which has also had a lot of good reviews of the Brits who've used it.

-Gaz

#58 sadsonic

sadsonic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2004 - 06:27 AM

I was just wondeing, will there be a delay in shipment of the new BP GEL, I figure a lot of people have already ordered?

#59 CelineCarey

CelineCarey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:15 PM

I agree with you fatman. I read that info about the perservative off of Paula Begoun's website. She claims to be so gentle but a lot of her stuff jacked my face up; and to add insult to inury, I just looked at the ingredients of one of her sunscreens (a leave on product) and it contains the very perservative she said was to irritanting to stay on the skin! What a friggin' hypocrite!

Any way, I think I will give Dan's gel a try. The only thing is, I order the Neutrogena BP literally minutes before Dan made his announcement that his product was ready and for sell. And it was too late to cancel the drugstore.com order. So I will see how akward the cream is to work with then I will buy Dan's gel.

#60 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 March 2004 - 07:43 PM

There is no delay in shipment. It is shipping out within 24 hours for orders placed Monday-Thursday. Orders placed Friday-Sunday are shipped on Monday.