Photo

Dan's BP gel (on-topic thread!)

makeup benzoyl peroxide

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#1 vanessa

vanessa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 09:34 AM

OK, guys, I have been using Dan's gel for a few days now so I thought I'd start a new sticky with just reviews/questions - no off-topic malarkey please!

So here's the deal: the gel has been very effective for me. I was used to the Neutrogena, so it took me a couple of days to get used to the texture (it's thinner and more watery) but once I did, I find it just as easy to apply if not easier - I never had as many problems applying the On-The-Spot as other people though. The thing I love about it is that you can't feel it on your face once you apply it - I can even put makeup on without using a moisturiser, which I could never do with the On-The-Spot. My skin looks the same or maybe even better - anyway I got a couple of comments on how good my skin looks already.

So, in sum, two thumbs up, Dan! =D> O:)

#2 vanessa

vanessa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 09:36 AM

Forgot to mention, the tube is HUGE!!!!

Here are the other reviews:

As most of you know, Dan is producing his own BP gel that will be in a larger tube and cost less. The reason I made this thread is because he sent me a tube by mail about 4-5 days ago to test out and let you all know what I think. I was going to wait longer than 4-5 days, but I thought I would do it now cause I can already see a major difference. My face was already pretty much clear, but is even more so now and the over all quality of my skin has improved since I started Dans gel instead of the Neutrogena. It's a gel, so it's much easier to apply and doesn't leave a slightly pasty look when you're finished. I don't dread applying it like I always did with the on the spot formula. On top of all that - my face doesn't get greasy during the day like it did w/ the neutrogena. Last but not least, the tube is HUGE!!! I was shocked when I recieved it. I can't even remember when Dan's gel is going to be available, but I shudder at the thought of having to go back to neutrogena until it's ready luckily it's such a big tube - maybe it'll last. 

So, I just thought I would let you guys know how awesome it is... can't wait until it's ready. Thanks for reading! see you all around. 

- Mercer

Hah, Dan asked me to set this thread up yesterday... i knew i'd forget, lol. 

I agree, this stuff is so Dan nice to apply... it's not as thick but also not water, it soaks in faster, isn't sticky... an after 5 minutes you just forget you applied it rather than having the feeling of it still soaking in. 

I'm defo gonna stock up once he starts selling it. 

Oh yeah, an the tube is bloody huge, an has a nice big lid. 

-Gaz

#3 leon

leon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 09:41 AM

question: will it be available on internet only?
thanks for this sig, candy:
I know - most wonderful people like me would get big-headed but not me. Just because the world is all about ME and everybody loves ME does not mean that I feel superior to anyone.

#4 vanessa

vanessa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 09:44 AM

Some more comments:

I've used it twice so far. It spreads better than Neutrogena and it's almost lke a vanishing cream, so you can wear it and go to work without people noticing. 

It is SO thin though sometimes I wonder if it's as effective as Neutrogena?  not complaing, just wondering.

Well i can feel it tingling, which i couldnt feel with my regular BP cream... so maybe that's either cause it's working or soaking in faster... or both. 

-Gaz

I just tried it for the first time last night on a couple of small whiteheads that creeped up on me yesterday and they are already reduced in size! 
The BP Gel is clear which is nice & it soaks into your skin quickly too. It doesn't feel grainy which I also like. This one's a winner! Thanks for coming up with this, Dan!

It works better than neutrogena IMO. Like I said I've been using it for like 4-5 days morning and night and already see a difference. I love it. It's the shiznit

#5 vanessa

vanessa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 09:45 AM

For now, the answer to that is yes, only on the internet.

#6 Jen-

Jen-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 03:15 PM

That's great vanessa, I'm really impatient here. The on-the-spot is really pissing me off and I've been thinking of quitting the regimen only because I just want my skin not to have that whitey look and I'm sick of dry everywhere... etc.

But the gel seems very appealing so I'll have to wait.

When does Dan hope to sell it?

#7 Ludacrisss

Ludacrisss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 03:55 PM

For now, the answer to that is yes, only on the internet.

wak

#8 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:25 PM

FDA Testing should be complete in early February. Now it's a matter of getting the tubes printed which I thought would be done by now, but this won't be done until March it looks like. It is currently being put off due to Chinese New Year. The tubes are made in China, and they're all partying it up right now. :-)

I want to sell it in stores, but that is a distant dream. As far as I know it's insanely hard to get on store shelves with any new product. But I will look into this more and see what we can do to make it happen. All I want is for Ludacrisss to be happy. smile.gif

Some good news: I am working with a great distributor out of Austin, Texas who has been working with me to lower the price of handling to a bare minimum for us. They are going to send it out first class mail which is pretty quick and pretty cheap too. I'm hoping to be able to send out 1 tube for 3 bucks or so. The more tubes you get sent at once, the better the price becomes.

-Dan

#9 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:38 PM

I want to sell it in stores, but that is a distant dream.  As far as I know it's insanely hard to get on store shelves with any new product. 

Hi Dan,

I hope your product makes it to the shelves in Denmark, because there's not a single company selling any product containing bp (we have to get it in Sweden).

Therefore, I dare say that there's a huge market for your product here in Denmark.

(And thanks for all the hard work you've put into this web site and what you're doing for us acne soldiers).

WCDT
Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

#10 diana

diana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:46 PM

How much do I love this gel? Let me count the ways:

1. BAT. Big ass tube.
2. Extremely lightweight therfore no mask effect.
3. Invisible. Blendable.
4. Face does not feel like I spend the weekend in the sahara desert.
5. Kinda makes me feel like there's no use for moisturizer huh? Stickin' to the regimen dan.
6. Can wear it under makeup with no cakiness. what a concept.
7. I hear it will be inexpensive.

Lovin' it. Strangely afraid of using too much without another BAT to replace it.
*di

#11 Guest_Crooked I_*

Guest_Crooked I_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2

Posted 29 January 2004 - 05:18 AM

Does anyone from the UK know what ways you can pay for something overseas? Ive only got a Switch card but do you need a Visa or Mastercard for overseas purchases?

#12 ramonaa_u|<

ramonaa_u|<

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 29 January 2004 - 08:24 AM

Croo, best thing to do is 2 check out an american site an try and order summink....but I would of thought that a switch card is internationally used.... :-k

--j
Posted Image

#13 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:50 AM

Nope, gotta have Visa or Mastercard... unless Dan decides to set himself up a Paypal account on the site, would get him a LOT more sales thru the convenience it would give visitors... who may well buy a couple of tubes to test it since it would be 'so easy' for them to buy it. (Come on Dan, i'm givin you golden advice here... take it from a guy who spends too much. biggrin.gif)

Or you guys could always just apply for a CapitalOne card or sumthin an make sure u ONLY use it for buy BP, that way you don't get no debt, lol.

-Gaz

#14 Mercer

Mercer

Vixen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:40 PM

well, my tube finally ran out sad.gif back to the nuetrogena for a while.
shiver me timbers!

#15 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:51 PM

Haha, cause in my Regimen i use so little... i still got 60% even tho i got it at the same time.

I rule!

-Gaz

#16 Joel

Joel

coke zero = win

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:52 PM

I'd run out in a month... I can't wait...this neutrogena is getting expensive

#17 Turnakit

Turnakit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:58 PM

2 questions

Will it be sold only on this site?

how fast do you expect shipping time to be?

#18 Guest_Crooked I_*

Guest_Crooked I_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:41 AM

So far, is the gel as good as oxy/neutrogena on the spot?

#19 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:48 AM

No, i'm afraid it's better.

It's like Oxy except it doesn't leave any residue (white flakey crap) an dries in twice as fast, because of that... it isn't as drying.

Dan said it would be at http://www.regimensupplies.com

-Gaz

#20 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2004 - 12:03 PM

http://www.acne.org/bpgel.html for my comments on why it's better than what's out there.

As far as shipping times, my distributor told me 3-5 days inside the U.S., and I think 9-12 international, or was it 7-10 :-k I will post this on the regimensupplies.com site once it's up and running.

-Dan