Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smoking pot on accutane?

46 posts in this topic

Random question but I'm a month into my accutane treatment and am wondering if smoking pot is okay while on the meds? Mainly I'm only concerned because they give urine analysis's every month along w/the bloodwork and I don't know if they'd even care if it showed up or if they are even scanning for it in there but I dont' want to have gone a month so far on the meds only to get yanked off of them.

hahaha!

DKR REGIMEN

morning

dessert essence jojoba oil, purpose gentle cleansing wash, paula's choice 1% BHA gel (to unclog pores), acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, complex 15 moisturizing lotion

throughout the day as needed

alpha hydrox enhanced lotion, generic oil absorbing sheets, 200 mg ibuprofen

night

dessert essence jojoba oil, purpose gentle cleansing wash, paula's choice 1% BHA gel (to unclog pores), acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, cetaphil moisturizing cream mixed with jojoba oil

DIET

whole grains, fresh fish, fresh poultry, fresh vegetables, lots of water, low cholesterol, low salt, no red meat, no trans fats, no hydrogenated oils, no sugar, no processed grains

DAILY DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS

3000 mg whole food multi-vitamins, 1000 mg sustained release pantothenic acid, 1000 mg salmon oil (120 mg EPA, 20 mg DHA), 540 mg saw palmetto, 500 mcg chromium picolinate, 470 mg green tea extract, 400 mg turmeric extract, 300 mcg biotin, 50 mg zinc, 2 mg copper, calcium-magnesium complex

my dkr log

my diet/holistic log

resolving stubborn acne while on dan's regimen

Are you out to destroy your liver? Its obvious that its a definete NO! Accutane itself is already very exhausting for your liver and you want to strain it further by adding in pot?! I can't believe that you are even thinking about it seeing that people in the accutane forums are already battling on how dangerous accutane itself is. Its not that the doctor don't bother about the test results, its because the results are fine enough for you to continue the treatment. BTW some people are unfortunate enough to need to drop accutane because of the bad results.

Accutane is a dangerous drug and one that is not to be taken lightly.

Accutane done. Started 01/06/2007 Ended 24/01/2008

My accutane log

天若无雨 地上无伞

æ€å¿µè¥¿æ¹–è¾¹ æ¨æŸ³é£žé›ªå †çƒŸ

茫茫人海 心无岸

修炼一åƒå¹´ 一万年也无怨

心若ä¸å®‰ 痛能看è§

泪淹没视线 化ç«ç„°çƒ§çº¢å¤©

剪ä¸æ–­ ç†è¿˜ä¹±å‰ç¼˜

Maddy

Are you out to destroy your liver? Its obvious that its a definete NO! Accutane itself is already very exhausting for your liver and you want to strain it further by adding in pot?! I can't believe that you are even thinking about it seeing that people in the accutane forums are already battling on how dangerous accutane itself is. Its not that the doctor don't bother about the test results, its because the results are fine enough for you to continue the treatment. BTW some people are unfortunate enough to need to drop accutane because of the bad results.

The 1st sentence says that there is no direct link though. Anyways though I'm sure it will be less harmful then drinking on accutane so I'll probably not think twice about it.

Random question but I'm a month into my accutane treatment and am wondering if smoking pot is okay while on the meds? Mainly I'm only concerned because they give urine analysis's every month along w/the bloodwork and I don't know if they'd even care if it showed up or if they are even scanning for it in there but I dont' want to have gone a month so far on the meds only to get yanked off of them.

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

OOh really? Thanks mom :rolleyes:

AM regimen

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

Yea, smoking weed will have no effect on acctuane. Weed is a very safe drug :). Take care

Nah bro. Stay the fuck away from that shit, for good. I'm pretty sure it's part of the reason I was breaking out.

Weed is a very safe drug :). Take care

Morning

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Benzac AC 2.5%

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15

Night

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Benzac AC 2.5%

2 Tablespoons of Lotus Organic ACV

Started the DKR on August 10, 2007.

My log

Nah bro, I wouldn't smoke pot on accutane. I tried to last night (been on accutane seven months now) and then drove about 2-3 hours later and just didn't feel right. I felt distracted. I almost hit someone from behind and then I got my first speeding ticket about 15 minutes after that.

Very, very bad decision on my part and one that will not happen again.

I myself notice no link between bud and acne. Isn't hard on your liver either.

AM regimen

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Pop a doxycycline

Ruining peoples lives gives me self gratification. j/k

It's not bad for you. Look it up.

Why would you encourage someone to smoke pot :rolleyes:

2 people like this

alright everyone, whos saying to not smoke weed and blah blah blah, needs to shutup! i dont smoke a lot, but when i do it can be really relaxing, and can take the stress away from worrying about your acne all the time, and i can tell you this, acne and weed have no relation!

so for everyone whos saying to stop smoking im sure you've never even taken a hit before

You people trying to make weed out to be the worst thing in the world are truly pathetic. How much research on the drug have you done before writing about how terrible it is? Probably fucking none. Weed has no known ill effects on your liver. Actually lots of studies have been done showing that it is healthier than drinking. Not saying its the best thing for you, just trying to point out that not many people are against drinking yet these same people will be so against weed.

Get your heads out of your asses, just because the government makes something illegal does not mean its the worst thing in the world.

Anyways, smoke up on tane, I'm sure you'll be fine. My lips would just go crazy dry when I smoked weed on accutane.

Why would you encourage someone to smoke pot :rolleyes:

[sig-img:132]

Mandy's regimen

Finacea

Aspirin Masks often

Controlling Insulin Levels

Lots of supplements

my story

Feel free to visit my accutane log.

Well I smoked on wed. and it felt great :dance: ! Couldn't tell any diff. being on accutane or not and didn't get any drier then normal after smoking or anything wierd.

Well smoke it at your own risk then. It won't show up in the blood tests because they meausre fats and liver enzymes but you said you had urine tests so it may show up there if they did drug analysis. The fact that it can show up in your urine means that it is already damaging your body just like alcohol. Besides pot is a depressant drug and plus accutane, you are doubling your risk of getting depression.

I don't understand why you guys enjoy damaging your bodies with stuff like alcohol and pot. Accutane itself is already hard on your body and you want to further add another load on it. Besides pot is also known to induce acne so if your course should fail oh well good luck then.

Accutane done. Started 01/06/2007 Ended 24/01/2008

My accutane log

天若无雨 地上无伞

æ€å¿µè¥¿æ¹–è¾¹ æ¨æŸ³é£žé›ªå †çƒŸ

茫茫人海 心无岸

修炼一åƒå¹´ 一万年也无怨

心若ä¸å®‰ 痛能看è§

泪淹没视线 化ç«ç„°çƒ§çº¢å¤©

剪ä¸æ–­ ç†è¿˜ä¹±å‰ç¼˜

Maddy