This topic is archived.
61 replies to this topic

#1 PetPeeve

PetPeeve

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as the title reads!

#2 Guest_delta force operators_*

Guest_delta force operators_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(GD2007 @ Aug 27 2007, 02:34 PM) View Post
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as the title reads!

where can i get the apeel

#3 PetPeeve

PetPeeve

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:30 AM

Julie Robbins www.perfectcomplexion.net---I was beginning to think she was a quack because I wasn't peeling...I've been reading about her products since I've been a member here and never thought about trying the stuff until I talked to a member named (kami), so instead I blew $4,000 on f*ing laser treatments that got me nowhere. Apeel is actually giving me more of a peel than the Tazorac. So much in fact I actually had to stop it with a moisturizer because I was over-peeling for days...Julie gave me good sample sizes of her other products and even threw in a free full size protein cream bonus product. I bought her (TCA Latte) a friend gave me her(Apeel)--Julie gave me for free (a protein cream), (micro crystals w/VitA), (HA Soy Lift), (a buttercream lip balm). The peel combo with the micro crystals are actually helping fade the rolling scars--those are my torment, even worse than the pockmarks. And it's only been 2 weeks--I am so looking forward to a month from now.

#4 simply me

simply me

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(GD2007 @ Aug 29 2007, 05:30 PM) View Post
Julie Robbins www.perfectcomplexion.net---I was beginning to think she was a quack because I wasn't peeling...I've been reading about her products since I've been a member here and never thought about trying the stuff until I talked to a member named (kami), so instead I blew $4,000 on f*ing laser treatments that got me nowhere. Apeel is actually giving me more of a peel than the Tazorac. So much in fact I actually had to stop it with a moisturizer because I was over-peeling for days...Julie gave me good sample sizes of her other products and even threw in a free full size protein cream bonus product. I bought her (TCA Latte) a friend gave me her(Apeel)--Julie gave me for free (a protein cream), (micro crystals w/VitA), (HA Soy Lift), (a buttercream lip balm). The peel combo with the micro crystals are actually helping fade the rolling scars--those are my torment, even worse than the pockmarks. And it's only been 2 weeks--I am so looking forward to a month from now.

hey GD2007...

I am glad you found something that is working for you
I was just wondering which apeel are you using: Apeel Correct , Apeel Daily or Apeel Light ?
and which microcrystal product are you using.

Thanks girl. all the best.

#5 Guest_delta force operators_*

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

i would like a run up of everything u do

what do u wash ur face with, what do u moisterize with? what sunscreen do you use

give me an example of ur regimen, do u put on moisterizer along with the a peel at night?

#6 PetPeeve

PetPeeve

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

This is what I've done and been doing thus far...

For 2 years I've been self-needling using regular sewing sterilized needles or pointed toothpicks. I used to needle every 3 weeks or so, breaking the skin on the most stubborn pockmarks or just injuring without breaking on the less stubborn holes. It's been the best treatment I've done thus far without spending anything.

For about 6 months I gave the Tazorac a break and used nothing on my face but a make-up remover washer. I was able to do this because my acne went on remission. Julie gave me this tip, she said to stop using artificial stuff on your face such as scrubs and acne cleansers if you didn't need them and buy Albolene, it's a make-up remover that can also be used as a face cleanser without the overdrying. Found at any drug-store, pretty inexpensive. You can also use Cetaphil, I love the stuff. I would also leave it on the skin without rinsing as a moisturizer too.

I also started a multivitamin regimen to help with the skin renewal process.

As far as my new regimen. Like I said, I've only been doing it for a little over 2 wks, so I'm pretty much learning still, but this is what I do:

I start my mornings every day and wash my face using the Albolene. I pick Sunday to start peeling and apply the TCA Latte right after washing. In the evening I apply TCA Latte again. This is a mild peeler so if you aren't new to peeling, you can pretty much get used to this quickly without any problems. Monday: I do the whole process again, but before I apply the TCA Latte I use a warm washcloth and do a compress to speed up the peeling process, and then I apply my TCA Latte and once again in the evening. So for 2 days I compress and apply TCA Latte 2x's/day. On Tuesday: This time after washing, instead of TCA Latte I use the Apeel using Julies instructions with three Q-tips and rub it into the skin. I am not new to peeling so my skin can handle a lot, therefore that same evening I use the Latte again. On day 3 I start to see the skin shedding. I allow it to shed for 2 days WITHOUT applying any type of moisturizers. If you do this, you risk stunting the peeling process. By Friday, I start gently dermabrading the new skin growths with Julies microbeads and it helps me exfoliate the shedding skin. Then I stop the shed by using a moisturizer like Aveeno or Cethaphil. After the moisturizer has been absorbed I use Julies protein mask she gave me for free.

Thats pretty much 1 week of a regimen. In between, I do needling every 2-3 weeks with a toothpick. In fact, now that I have Julies microbeads, I take a dab of it with the toothpick and press into the holes rubbing in the cream to help build new collagen into the depression. Thus far, the peeling, microdermabrading and the protein mask has removed a lot of debri (brown/red spots and helped tighten some of those rolling scars) leaving a clear view of the stubborn icepicks which in turn I needle. My skin definitely looks a lot brigter in just 2 weeks. Hope it wasnt too much. It takes a while to develop your own styled regimen. I'm still working on mines.

Truth is that I don't use sunscreens because I hardly get out of the house so I don't need them. I have time on my hands which is why I dedicate it mostly to do some at-home skin therapy, but as far as sun protection I always like the Aveeno brands for some reason and they have moisturizers with SPF-30's.

#7 PetPeeve

PetPeeve

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

hey GD2007...

I am glad you found something that is working for you
I was just wondering which apeel are you using: Apeel Correct , Apeel Daily or Apeel Light ?
and which microcrystal product are you using.

Thanks girl. all the best.

Thanks a lot,

I'm using the Apeel Correct precisely and what Julie calls the Micro Crystals. I think that her Proteing cream is also an important addition too. The HA-soy lift, proteing cream and micro crystals were free. She told me however, that she can't request freebies anymore because it became too expensive to do, so she only hands out what she has on hand. I got lucky and got those items which I believe are good for acne skin. I like however, that her sample sizes don't even look like samples--they are pretty big for samples. But I think that if you email and tell her your concerns, she might be able to accomodate you with what she has that may help. I got my delivery in 8 days.

#8 Guest_delta force operators_*

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

may i ask why you use a tooth pick instead of a needle,

#9 PetPeeve

PetPeeve

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(delta force operators @ Aug 31 2007, 02:42 PM) View Post
may i ask why you use a tooth pick instead of a needle,

Because one is more blunt and less sharp than the other. And when I don't want to break the skin I use a toothpick (makes it easier to apply the micro-crystals too). When I want to draw blood from the hole I use a well sterilized needle.

#10 PetPeeve

PetPeeve

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

Yup, it's wk 4 and it keeps getting better.

#11 Guest_delta force operators_*

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:36 PM

this is likly due to da swelling ...keep on updating tho

#12 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:08 PM

I'm using it too now, seems weak on me so far, but I haven't given much "sit time" really. My skin was pink shortly after but there is no discomfort with this, it doesn't produce any heat in the skin. Julie advised rubbing it in which will cause some heat but then that's it for discomfort. I like her products so far and will update later.

#13 PetPeeve

PetPeeve

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:42 PM

I should repeat that I have been needling for 2 years and I really do know the difference between temporary swelling and the real thing. I have been through a lot with the years I've had scarring, including frustrations with some of the more expensive techniques which led me to believe that I really did have improvement when I really didn't. Most of my improvement again was due to time healing, tazorac and the needling. When I speak about Julies products and the improvement I've had from her is that they are helping me eliminate those aftermarks and ruddiness that ADDS to true scarring looking worse than they really are. I've only been using her products a very short time, but I am already clearing a lot of stuff away that are helping me see my older scarring more clearly. The needling through the 2 yr period has definitely helped the old scarring, no doubt in my mind. My face looks much much better. I've got my hands on a camera and I'm going to try to develop an album through the months, so please be patient with that part.

tricia--I used to rub too with my fingers, but then I had an ugly breakout from it so I use a Q-tip instead. For some reason it was less irritating than using the fingers. The first few days the A-peel wasn't peeling. I got a little antsy so I put some more and caused a huge shed. And I had to stop it with a moisturizer.

#14 Guest_delta force operators_*

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

u mentioned tazorac, how did tazorac help

#15 DarleneS68

DarleneS68

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(GD2007 @ Sep 15 2007, 02:42 PM) View Post
I should repeat that I have been needling for 2 years and I really do know the difference between temporary swelling and the real thing. I have been through a lot with the years I've had scarring, including frustrations with some of the more expensive techniques which led me to believe that I really did have improvement when I really didn't. Most of my improvement again was due to time healing, tazorac and the needling. When I speak about Julies products and the improvement I've had from her is that they are helping me eliminate those aftermarks and ruddiness that ADDS to true scarring looking worse than they really are. I've only been using her products a very short time, but I am already clearing a lot of stuff away that are helping me see my older scarring more clearly. The needling through the 2 yr period has definitely helped the old scarring, no doubt in my mind. My face looks much much better. I've got my hands on a camera and I'm going to try to develop an album through the months, so please be patient with that part.

tricia--I used to rub too with my fingers, but then I had an ugly breakout from it so I use a Q-tip instead. For some reason it was less irritating than using the fingers. The first few days the A-peel wasn't peeling. I got a little antsy so I put some more and caused a huge shed. And I had to stop it with a moisturizer.

So good to hear you're having improvements. Do you contribute it more to the needling (self needling right?) or Apeel? I've done needling once, The scars I needled seem smoother to me already, but a little pinker in color. What is Apeel, I've never heard of it. Thanks biggrin.gif

#16 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:33 PM

I have a question on the apeel, if you use a moisturizer instead of going dry as Julie suggests, I know it will delay and lessen the peel, but will it lessen the collagen production? I could do without the peeling really but it seems like the vitamin A will still be in your skin as much as ever so you should still get some remodeling, am I correct? I did use a little too much too, and I figured it out when my skin got too red, so I applied polysporin. It hasn't peeled yet though but a little puffy. Hopefully I will still get the remodeling!

#17 bob111

bob111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:06 PM

I ordered Julies royal jelly protein. She sent me Apeel correct sample, i dabbed some on a small area. Julie just says to wipe it off. shouldn't i rinse?

#18 PetPeeve

PetPeeve

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:03 PM

tazorac helped the same way as Apeel, except I believe apeel is about twice as potent without the add ons.

Currently, I contribute the improvements from the deep pockmarks about 70% to needling and the other 30% to the a-peeling. In the past it was time, needling and partially the tazorac. I just like the apeel better than the taz.

I'm not sure about lessening collagen, but definitely if you want to get a good peel underway WITH improvement you have to have some sacrifice and some downtime as opposed to what Julie says with her lighter peels such as the Chilated peel which offers a slight slough and you can wear everyday. With the chilated or a-peel daily you can still get some remodeling even when you peel lightly everyday. Of course, it'll take a lot longer to see any improvement. I think that if you have to be out everyday without looking like a snake you can try the daily lighter peels and peel more heavily during the weekends. According to what I have read on this board, people who react to a-peel shouldn't use it more than 2'xs per month. Thats a peel every 2 weeks.

Don't rinse the royal jelly bob111. It works better when it is absorbed into the skin. Definitely follow the instructions. Wash your face before using the serum.

#19 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:48 PM

I like the apeel too, even though I have only done two treatments now, I only spaced them about 5 days apart and did use moisturizer. I still peeled but like eraser marks when you rub the skin, not real deep peeling. I did get red for three to four hours after leaving it on the second time. I let it sit for 45 minutes the second time. Maybe if I didn't use moisturizer it would have been a deeper peel but I still feel like my skin is already visibly improved now in at least one spot. I only treated three scars and they do look a bit better, but I would be the only one noticing because I look so close, but it is definitely not swelling. I will keep updateding, hopefully in a few months I can say without doubt this works for scars!

#20 natefan

natefan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(tricia @ Sep 17 2007, 08:48 PM) View Post
I like the apeel too, even though I have only done two treatments now, I only spaced them about 5 days apart and did use moisturizer. I still peeled but like eraser marks when you rub the skin, not real deep peeling. I did get red for three to four hours after leaving it on the second time. I let it sit for 45 minutes the second time. Maybe if I didn't use moisturizer it would have been a deeper peel but I still feel like my skin is already visibly improved now in at least one spot. I only treated three scars and they do look a bit better, but I would be the only one noticing because I look so close, but it is definitely not swelling. I will keep updateding, hopefully in a few months I can say without doubt this works for scars!

whats apeel? sounds interesting.