This topic is archived.
201 replies to this topic

#21 nate28

nate28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

someone try and email vastox for any updates. I tried but you need sometype of login and my brother has that info.

#22 chrisaus

chrisaus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

Let me re-phrase. The people of acne org need a leader. Who is willing to be the choosen one to sample a small dosage of bromocriptine?

The 2nd poster to jump on the pgx bandwagon. User Blessthefall being my superior.

#23 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(un4tunate @ Aug 29 2007, 10:22 AM) View Post
somewhere in the article it said it's going to be a topical cream not pill...in that case it's probably going to suck.

if there is a topical that will reduce sebum, thats better then destroying your body or dealing with crazy side effects like accutane.

whos to say that there is a cure in pill form in existence? is that asking too much of god?
Lets just be glad the even found this in our lifetime.

#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#24 Listener

Listener

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(AutonomousOne1980 @ Aug 30 2007, 10:17 PM) View Post
QUOTE(un4tunate @ Aug 29 2007, 10:22 AM) View Post
somewhere in the article it said it's going to be a topical cream not pill...in that case it's probably going to suck.

if there is a topical that will reduce sebum, thats better then destroying your body or dealing with crazy side effects like accutane.

whos to say that there is a cure in pill form in existence? is that asking too much of god?
Lets just be glad the even found this in our lifetime.

Conversely you could argue that if it was truly a cure then it wouldn't be having negative effects on your body, moreover it would be correcting the initial fault when taken systemically.

#25 nate28

nate28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:44 AM

Well it is official that the drug has to be what was prescribed for parkinson patients with over-production of sebum, it seems that they have done studies with anticholinergic agents (Biperiden), L-dopa plus AAID, and Bromocriptone. While The anticholineric agents did not show any effect. Both L-dopa +AAID , and Bromocriptone did. here are some articles.

article 1

article 2

#26 un4tunate

un4tunate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

This may sound dumb but can a derm prescribe Bromocriptone?lol (if i tell him it reduces sebum) he'll probably think im nuts but anyways.. How do we get it?
Done with accutane 20mgs for 7 months

22 years old, 180lbs

no side effects, bye.

#27 nate28

nate28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

Actually You can only get it prescribed by a doctor. I do believe though that you might be able to get it if you explain why. Bromocriptone is used for a number of things like male infertility, and I read in an article that one of those was infact acne. I think it would be very possible to get it prescribed.

#28 brit-al

brit-al

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

The side effects dont look that different from accutane?

#29 nate28

nate28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(brit-al @ Aug 31 2007, 02:27 PM) View Post
The side effects dont look that different from accutane?

Accutane seems worse, the internal things like nausea are similar but, Accutane causes thin hair/hairloss, sunburn-sensitive skin,dry or fragile skin, dry or cracked lips,delay in wound healing. Not to mention the initial breakout that can be worse then your current problem.

#30 Listener

Listener

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:37 PM

I don't think it would be that wise to try and get this prescribed and start taking it. If that worked then the manufacturers wouldn't be spending months of research and lots of money trying to get an optimum balance of effectiveness and reduced side-effects.

#31 nate28

nate28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:29 PM

one can buy the generic version online. under parlodel (bromocriptine mesylate)

About it being researched Accutane is still under the microscope and research is still being done with dosages among other things. It is not exactly safe. Bromocriptone does not seem dangerous.

#32 Mark D.

Mark D.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:02 AM

http://grande.nal.us...p;therow=202585

This is the first thing that came up. Just Google:
Bromocriptine acne

Seems hopeful. But that one study was just women
and that was almost 20 years old! I mean, if it did
work so well, why hasn't it gone forward since?

#33 1RoUnDeR1

1RoUnDeR1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

http://www.oxfordmai...e_spotlight.php

Acne drug under the spotlight
By Andrew Smith

Scientists at an Oxfordshire biotech firm have made a breakthrough in the treatment of acne.

Experts at Summit, based at Milton Park, near Didcot, have developed a new drug which has been found to cut the production of sebum, a fatty substance produced by glands in the skin. Excessive production of sebum is a primary cause of acne.

Clinical trials of the drug, known as SMT D002, revealed that sebum production was reduced by 90 per cent among 18 healthy volunteers.

It is estimated there are 54 million acne sufferers in the developed world with about eight million of those resistant to common treatments.

Bosses now plan to develop the drug in cream form and are looking for a partner to ensure it reaches the market.

10:28am Tuesday 15th April 2008

#34 1RoUnDeR1

1RoUnDeR1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

More info about actual trials here
http://www.individua...?story=80878074

#35 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

Theres already a thread on this, but thanks for the new info. Me wants.
read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.

#36 1RoUnDeR1

1RoUnDeR1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (andersoj @ Apr 15 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Theres already a thread on this, but thanks for the new info. Me wants.

Damn, people on here are quick. I figured it hadn't been posted since all the articles I read just came out in April 08. Well anyways I hope they come up with a product b4 nature reduces my sebum production naturally...

#37 drexel

drexel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Hip-hop for shiuuur, but I like to listen to rock, trance, rave, slow jams &amp; R&amp;B, 80's, classical, ska, punk and basically everything else EXCEPT country and screamer music.<br /><br />I like working on cars and fixing things.<br /><br />I like raves.<br /><br />I want a Siberian Husky hella bad... my favorite breed.<br /><br />Stay tuned.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:20 AM

Wait, I don't understand. Isn't this what Accutane does... among other things?

#38 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (drexel @ Apr 16 2008, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait, I don't understand. Isn't this what Accutane does... among other things?

Uhuh, but it doesn't seem to have nearly the same degree of side effects, which would frankly be revolutionary.
read the board rules regarding outside links in your signature.

#39 72eusm

72eusm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

News like this is so painful. Phase II and III trials take years to go through and just the thought of something like this out there is going to drive me insane.

#40 AlexGF

AlexGF

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

new hope eusa_pray.gif eusa_pray.gif eusa_pray.gif

Acne is disappearing... slowly

Regime: this regime has worked for me for the past month. Diet is nothig special; just avoid diary and sugary drinks/foods.. still eating lots of junk food like fries which doesnt' seem to affect me, have some fibre in the breakfast from berries and oats. Chicken, rice, bread, tuna, peppermint and green tea, cocoa, eggs, lost of baby carrots
THE KEY: Sunlight in the morning (15 to 30 mins), sleep at least 7 hrs a day
drink water whenever I can (aimin for 2 ltrs), wash my face with water morning and night
sexual activity only once every 10 days (til my skin recovers, then keep it moderate)
SUPPLEMENTS: MSM 1000 mg 3 times a day, Zinc 50 mg once a day, Vitamin C 500 mg twice a day