Photo

Possible Breakthrough in Acne Research

research

This topic is in the process of being archived.
201 replies to this topic

#201 melissa6980

melissa6980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Cecelia @ Apr 30 2008, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In addition, using medications for off-label purposes is strongly discouraged, as well.

I hope you're aware that it's PERFECTLY LEGAL for a physician to prescribe drugs off-label for any purpose he sees fit. There's absolutely no question about that.

It's not uncommon for doctors to prescribe spironolactone off-label to women for acne, especially if it's persistent and cystic. I was prescribed spiro by my derm without even mentioning it. I haven't taken it yet though, waiting to see how my skin does in the next couple months with bp as my hormones may still be leveling out from birth control.

#202 exersman

exersman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (melissa6980 @ May 7 2011, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Cecelia @ Apr 30 2008, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In addition, using medications for off-label purposes is strongly discouraged, as well.

I hope you're aware that it's PERFECTLY LEGAL for a physician to prescribe drugs off-label for any purpose he sees fit. There's absolutely no question about that.

It's not uncommon for doctors to prescribe spironolactone off-label to women for acne, especially if it's persistent and cystic. I was prescribed spiro by my derm without even mentioning it. I haven't taken it yet though, waiting to see how my skin does in the next couple months with bp as my hormones may still be leveling out from birth control.

YEA SPIRONOLACTONE IS ALSO USED FOR MEN FOR EXAMPLE PEOPLE WITH HIPERTENSION COULD TAKE SPIRO AND PEOPLE WITH MODERATE HEART FAILURE ALSO CAN TAKE SPIRINOLACTONA (ALDACTONE)ITS NOT ONLY FOR WOMAN AND SPIRINO IS COMOUNLY ASSOCIATED WITH DIURETICS LIKE TIAZIDAS TO AVOID HIPOPOTASEMIA AND THEY ARE PRESCIBED ON MENS TOO
TS NOT ONLY FOR WOMAN