Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nate28

Possible Breakthrough in Acne Research

202 posts in this topic

In addition, using medications for off-label purposes is strongly discouraged, as well.

I hope you're aware that it's PERFECTLY LEGAL for a physician to prescribe drugs off-label for any purpose he sees fit. There's absolutely no question about that.

It's not uncommon for doctors to prescribe spironolactone off-label to women for acne, especially if it's persistent and cystic. I was prescribed spiro by my derm without even mentioning it. I haven't taken it yet though, waiting to see how my skin does in the next couple months with bp as my hormones may still be leveling out from birth control.

In addition, using medications for off-label purposes is strongly discouraged, as well.

I hope you're aware that it's PERFECTLY LEGAL for a physician to prescribe drugs off-label for any purpose he sees fit. There's absolutely no question about that.

It's not uncommon for doctors to prescribe spironolactone off-label to women for acne, especially if it's persistent and cystic. I was prescribed spiro by my derm without even mentioning it. I haven't taken it yet though, waiting to see how my skin does in the next couple months with bp as my hormones may still be leveling out from birth control.

YEA SPIRONOLACTONE IS ALSO USED FOR MEN FOR EXAMPLE PEOPLE WITH HIPERTENSION COULD TAKE SPIRO AND PEOPLE WITH MODERATE HEART FAILURE ALSO CAN TAKE SPIRINOLACTONA (ALDACTONE)ITS NOT ONLY FOR WOMAN AND SPIRINO IS COMOUNLY ASSOCIATED WITH DIURETICS LIKE TIAZIDAS TO AVOID HIPOPOTASEMIA AND THEY ARE PRESCIBED ON MENS TOO

TS NOT ONLY FOR WOMAN