Saline Injections

subcision

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(scarcrash @ Oct 22 2007, 01:34 PM) View Post
This is probably a really great treatment if you are close enough to Dr. Sires. It is great because it is cheap. Ultimately it will only offer the impermanent solution that anything else does.

What am I talking about?

All results from any scar treatment are always temporary.

It's depressing but true. Doctors are in agreement that years down the road ALL scars will completely come back again.

Even treatments that stimulate native (our own) collagen --laser, dermabrasion, needling, etc-- and seem to smooth out scars are only temporary. All of these scars, even if they seemingly disappeared, will completely reappear.

Our scars will come back as we age. They are a lifelong battle that can never be won. I know! Sad but true!

I don't see how that can be true if say, your depressions were attached to the underlying tissue by scar tissue. Then you have subcision or a saline injection, which I have done on myself for my depressed scars, and that breaks the fibers, blood pulls under the scar and healing begins to fill the scar. In this case I don't think as you age the scars will reattach, it just won't happen.

#22 ghet

ghet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(scarcrash @ Oct 22 2007, 02:34 PM) View Post
What am I talking about?

if you really think this, why are you reading this board?
and what are the medical and scientific reason that bring you to spit all this negativity on this board?

maybe a 100 % improvment it's impossibile but i don't think that anyone here think to obtain similar results.

#23 scarcrash

scarcrash

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(ghet @ Oct 23 2007, 02:30 AM) View Post
if you really think this, why are you reading this board?

I am reading this board to find the best way to temporarily improve my scars. Permanent scar improvement is not possible.

QUOTE(ghet @ Oct 23 2007, 02:30 AM) View Post
and what are the medical and scientific reason that bring you to spit all this negativity on this board?

I am not being negative. I am being realistic. There is a difference.

#24 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:29 AM

Surgical procedures such as subcision or saline subcision can indeed provide permanent results.

#25 scarcrash

scarcrash

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(Wynne @ Oct 23 2007, 11:29 AM) View Post
Surgical procedures such as subcision or saline subcision can indeed provide permanent results.

Actually, dermatologists believe that all scarring will reappear later in life. You may have results for 10-20 years, but as the collagen degrades with age, the sunken areas will reappear.

#26 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:39 AM

Eh, think as you like. I'll think as I like.

#27 NotSoScarredforever

NotSoScarredforever

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(scarcrash @ Oct 23 2007, 06:34 AM) View Post
This is probably a really great treatment if you are close enough to Dr. Sires. It is great because it is cheap. Ultimately it will only offer the impermanent solution that anything else does.

What am I talking about?

It's depressing but true. Doctors are in agreement that years down the road ALL scars will completely come back again.

Even treatments that stimulate native (our own) collagen --laser, dermabrasion, needling, etc-- and seem to smooth out scars are only temporary. All of these scars, even if they seemingly disappeared, will completely reappear.

Our scars will come back as we age. They are a lifelong battle that can never be won. I know! Sad but true!

This is so untrue, there are plenty of things you can do to treat scars, id suggest you start with your mental attitude!

#28 scarcrash

scarcrash

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(scarredforever @ Oct 23 2007, 05:49 PM) View Post
This is so untrue, there are plenty of things you can do to treat scars, id suggest you start with your mental attitude!

I am not saying there are not ways to "treat" scars. Of course there are. All I am saying is that the scars will eventually come back.

As your username attests, once you are scarred, you are scarred forever.

#29 NotSoScarredforever

NotSoScarredforever

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(scarcrash @ Oct 24 2007, 11:13 AM) View Post
QUOTE(scarredforever @ Oct 23 2007, 05:49 PM) View Post

I am not saying there are not ways to "treat" scars. Of course there are. All I am saying is that the scars will eventually come back.

As your username attests, once you are scarred, you are scarred forever.

yeah i was thinking of changing it to not so scarred forever mate, my scars have seen a great improvement, you need to think differently mate, who told you that crap about scars returning when you get old or after 10 yrs?

#30 scarcrash

scarcrash

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

I have read it numerous times, heard it from various dermatologists/surgeons, and even found a post on this website about it.

http://www.acne.org/...fe-t173476.html

#31 Guest_delta force operators_*

Guest_delta force operators_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:31 PM

sounds like u hit ur breaking point maybe ull come around but theres no way of convicing u

#32 sheryllynn

sheryllynn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(delta force operators @ Oct 24 2007, 09:31 PM) View Post
sounds like u hit ur breaking point maybe ull come around but theres no way of convicing u

As I age I'm definitely taking a defensive approach to scarring. I do believe it will be a lifetime battle. Actually I hope I just don't care in my 70's! But I'm pretty sure I will until then, I guess I'm vain. Anyway at 46 years old I do have different scars appearing due to fat loss and loss of elasticity. The improvement I've had from subcision I feel is permanent (in that the scars are no longer bound down), but over time though with the aging process they might look worse and need a filler.

#33 sierralita

sierralita

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:36 PM

I really want to encourage people like "scarcrash" to not put up negative, depressing, defeatist posts, no matter how convinced you are that this is "fact."

Doctors say a lot of things. They often have no idea what they're talking about. As time goes on, people learn more about the body, including ways to improve it through health, nutrition, positive thinking.

I can understand how loss of collagen as we get older can make scars appear worse. However, I had a full CO2 laser treatment six years ago and all my shallow and moderate scarring is gone, replaced with new collagen. I do not expect to ever see them again.

I have hyptertrophic scarring which another problem altogether, and will maybe be a problem for the rest of my life, because the skin is so damaged.

I am 32 and without the scarring I could have been a model. I'm considered beautiful, but scarred. Sometimes it takes an incredible effort just to get out of bed every day. However, I am determined not to let this get the best of me. My life is still sacred to me.

So scarcrash -- lighten up, on yourself and on the rest of us. We don't need to be brought down with doom and gloom, things are hard enough as it is, and in the final analysis, nothing in life is certain. Even our scars. Hope is vital to all of us suffering with this situation.

#34 Guest_sm_oore_*

Guest_sm_oore_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:28 PM

Its almost been a week since my second treatment and I thought I'd give you guys an update. I still haven't really seen any noticable improvement but I'd say less than 5% if any. But I had to really look in the mirror for any differences. I didn't have any scars disappear, but thought that a couple of my worst rolling scars seemed a bit shallower.

The saline took a little longer to subside this time at around three or four days after the treatment and I thought they didn't go as aggressive this time also. But I got another one in a little over a week and got another package of 3 which came out to approx. $635 for 6.

Also, I think that it is possible for scars to reappear as we age or look more prominent due to collagen loss or elasticity, but imagine how'd they look if we didn't try to improve them at a younger age. May be a lot worse, I don't know.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

#35 zaz1a

zaz1a

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

yes, I do agree that we need to "improve" the scar by any means first at a younger age as it would look less prominent later when we age.

Btw, how's the saline injection going? How long does it last? I have read that you need bi-monthy to keep it up?