Saline Injections

subcision

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sm_oore_*

Guest_sm_oore_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

Edited....

Thought I might have need subcision but it turns out Dr. Sire thought I didn't really need it.

I thought I would but I'm going to give saline a try.

Before tx.

Left Cheek

Right Cheek

If I see any improvement i'll pretty much have to post some afters.

#2 sheryllynn

sheryllynn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(sm_oore @ Aug 24 2007, 11:39 PM) View Post
Hopefully you guys can help me out.

I have a consult with Dr. Sire in a week and I wanted to ask him about both saline and subcision. I don't know that much about saline injections but i've heard good results from a few people on this board. I also don't know if my scars would qualify for subcision or would even work well with saline either, plus i hear that scars can possibly get worse after subcision. I definitely want to get fraxel and i don't think they have it there so i don't know if they'll try to steer me away from it.

Left Cheek

Right Cheek

Alright here's the question - What do you guys think would work best?

Subcision followed by fraxel, or if its possiblte to get saline followed by fraxel, or the other way around (fraxel then saline). Or even saline during fraxel treatments???

Thanks guys

Hi sm oore - I think your scars would do really well with subcison. I personally got better results with subcision than saline. Maybe I didn't do saline enough though, I did it about 4 times.
4/16/07
Fraxel 2
40 mjs
treatment level 9
total energy - 5.76kj

5/11/07
Fraxel 2
40 mjs
treatment level 10-11
total energy - 8.1kj

6/5/07
Fraxel 2
65 mjs
treatment level 7
total energy 5.02kj

6/29/07
Fraxel 2
60mjs
treatment level 8
total energy 7.1kj

7/19/07
Fraxel 2
60mjs
treatment level 8
total energy 7kj

#3 Guest_sm_oore_*

Guest_sm_oore_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:45 PM

bump bump*

going in the next couple days. Any more help/advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sheryllynn

#4 Guest_delta force operators_*

Guest_delta force operators_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

keep us updated on everything, im interested in how ur saline or subcission turns out,, thanks

#5 Guest_sm_oore_*

Guest_sm_oore_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

Yeah definitely.

I'll keep you guys updated.

#6 nate28

nate28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(sm_oore @ Aug 30 2007, 09:53 PM) View Post
Yeah definitely.

I'll keep you guys updated.

any updates?

#7 Guest_sm_oore_*

Guest_sm_oore_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:55 AM

yeah, i went in to ask mainly about subcision and it turns out Sire said i didn't need it.

i thought i did but he said that if the scar is still moving around okay with the skin and isn't relatively stagnant, ie. tethered down then you don't need it. I guess he's right because that's the whole purpose of subcision, some scars look like they were on me but some people kind of jump the gun on deciding if they really need it or not, including me. So if you go see a Dr. for it, don't assume that you need it.

But i'm scheduled to get saline Oct 12th so i'll definitely post how it goes, even if i don't respond to it well.

#8 nate28

nate28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(sm_oore @ Sep 13 2007, 11:55 AM) View Post
yeah, i went in to ask mainly about subcision and it turns out Sire said i didn't need it.

i thought i did but he said that if the scar is still moving around okay with the skin and isn't relatively stagnant, ie. tethered down then you don't need it. I guess he's right because that's the whole purpose of subcision, some scars look like they were on me but some people kind of jump the gun on deciding if they really need it or not, including me. So if you go see a Dr. for it, don't assume that you need it.

But i'm scheduled to get saline Oct 12th so i'll definitely post how it goes, even if i don't respond to it well.

what do you mean still moving around? I only have 2 rolling scars and want to get rid of them, wondering if subcision and a filler is needed or just the filler.

#9 Guest_sm_oore_*

Guest_sm_oore_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:15 AM

if you massage your skin and the scar isn't moving around with the rest of the skin too well, then it is probably tethered down by fibrosis bands of scar tissue.

I don't know, hopefully i explained it alright.

I'd still ask a Derm. or PS about it though.

#10 nate28

nate28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(sm_oore @ Sep 13 2007, 12:15 PM) View Post
if you massage your skin and the scar isn't moving around with the rest of the skin too well, then it is probably tethered down by fibrosis bands of scar tissue.

I don't know, hopefully i explained it alright.

I'd still ask a Derm. or PS about it though.

Oh, that makes sense but, I have never seen a person with rolling scars that are tethered down they would have to be pretty deep into the skin.

#11 damn!

damn!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:48 PM

Hey goodluck with u'r prodecure....so u are getting saline is that? is that a filler? plz update afterwards b/c i have very similar scars and my mimic all u'r procedures u do lol.

Thx

#12 Guest_delta force operators_*

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

what saline does is it breaks scar tissue and stimulates collagen,

please keep us updated couse ur scars look like mine also and would like to know the progress

#13 sheryllynn

sheryllynn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

I went to Dr Sire for a subcision and the scars he said were good for subsicion were the saucer type , about 2-3mm round, but the interesting thing is those scars would almost completely level out with filler?? And they worked great with the subcision, pretty much disappeared? They weren't all that deep, not like craters. I really can't fiqure out what works and what doesn't work for subcision. I mean I've heard of people getting it done for wrinkles?I'm actually going back to Dr Sire next month to see if he will try subcision on an area he didn't think it would work. But I had such good results with subsicion, I want to see if he'll try.
4/16/07
Fraxel 2
40 mjs
treatment level 9
total energy - 5.76kj

5/11/07
Fraxel 2
40 mjs
treatment level 10-11
total energy - 8.1kj

6/5/07
Fraxel 2
65 mjs
treatment level 7
total energy 5.02kj

6/29/07
Fraxel 2
60mjs
treatment level 8
total energy 7.1kj

7/19/07
Fraxel 2
60mjs
treatment level 8
total energy 7kj

#14 Guest_sm_oore_*

Guest_sm_oore_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:13 PM

yeah i actually saw some lady get subcision or something a lot like it on a couple dimples on the back of her thighs. lol.

How many rounds of saline did you get? Did you get them before subcision or after?

But yeah keep us updated sheryllynn....maybe i'll see you there.

#15 Guest_delta force operators_*

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

sm oore how did u saline injections go? what was the precedure like?

#16 Guest_sm_oore_*

Guest_sm_oore_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:55 PM

yeah, it went ok. I know i probably won't see any immediate improvement, but its been a couple days and still can't really judge after 1 treatment. But it wasn't that painful, it just feels like a needle going in, so some pain and bleeding. My cheeks were pretty red after the tx and had some blood spots but thats about it. They said they think i'll need about 3 or 4 so i'll have to see how it goes. But the saline doesn't totally subside until a couple days, at least in my case. Can't really see any improvement so far but I'm getting them every 2 weeks, so i'll let you all know how it goes. oh yeah price is $175.

#17 Isaiah87

Isaiah87

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(sm_oore @ Oct 15 2007, 04:55 PM) View Post
yeah, it went ok. I know i probably won't see any immediate improvement, but its been a couple days and still can't really judge after 1 treatment. But it wasn't that painful, it just feels like a needle going in, so some pain and bleeding. My cheeks were pretty red after the tx and had some blood spots but thats about it. They said they think i'll need about 3 or 4 so i'll have to see how it goes. But the saline doesn't totally subside until a couple days, at least in my case. Can't really see any improvement so far but I'm getting them every 2 weeks, so i'll let you all know how it goes. oh yeah price is $175.

SHOOT! I wish I lived in SocAl jsut for Dr Sire!
Where I Was
Acne >>>>>>Cystic,nodule,papule
Red Marks>>>Deep red marks,specks and blotches
Scars>>>>>>Rolling,"thumb" indents,Scarred pores

Where I am Now
Acne >>>>>>Minimal
Red Marks>>>95% Clear
Scars>>>>>>Less visible but stil prevalent

My Cure
Acne >>>>>>Diet/Exercise,Supplements
Red Marks>>>Peels, exfoliation, time
Scars>>>>>>Still Searching

#18 Guest_delta force operators_*

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

how much rounds of saline are u going to get?

#19 Guest_sm_oore_*

Guest_sm_oore_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:54 PM

uh, I don't know yet. I paid for three, but i heard that that's when people start to see improvement if any so I'll see how it goes. I heard that some people say they start to see the improvement after 4 and some don't see any at all, so I'll probably have to stick it out and go for 4-6 tx's. It's only $175 a tx so I'm figuring I might as well take advantage of the price and give it a shot considering all the other treatments. Just hope i get some improvement.

First round though, didn't see any improvement whatsoever.

I'll keep you guys updated though.

#20 scarcrash

scarcrash

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:34 PM

This is probably a really great treatment if you are close enough to Dr. Sires. It is great because it is cheap. Ultimately it will only offer the impermanent solution that anything else does.

What am I talking about?

All results from any scar treatment are always temporary.

It's depressing but true. Doctors are in agreement that years down the road ALL scars will completely come back again.

Even treatments that stimulate native (our own) collagen --laser, dermabrasion, needling, etc-- and seem to smooth out scars are only temporary. All of these scars, even if they seemingly disappeared, will completely reappear.

Our scars will come back as we age. They are a lifelong battle that can never be won. I know! Sad but true!