Photo

I am CLEAR because of DIET change

vitamin vitamins fish oil zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 xec

xec

Gold Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:44 AM

I have cleared my presistant mild-moderate acne with food/diet changes. I have cut out all grains, processed food, all fluids besides water (soda, juice ect), high GI foods, beef, and pork.

I am a bodybuilder therefore I lift 3-4 times a week. I eat 6-8 meals a DAY that consist of free-range organic eggs, various fruits and vegetables (fruits in moderation because of fructose), chicken and turkey and fish. That's all I eat. I'm going to take a picture of what I eat later on today so you guys get the idea.

A little background info: I got acne when i was 14 and at the sight of the 1st pimple I ran to Walgreen's and bought harsh medicated scrubs cleaners and lotion. THATS when my skin started to get EVEN WORSE, and I think this is the case with all of us.

Once I applied my diet changes I stopped using ANY CREAMS OR LOTIONS. I do not have a skincare routine. I just wash my face morning and night. I used to have a precise calculated routine with like 10 lotions before i go to sleep ect ect....

I'm now 17 and I am happy to say I will most likely stay clear forever. I applied the change in march and around June/July I started to see results. You have to stick with it.

The supplements I take are: fish oil, coconut oil, multivitamin, and zinc.

If I eat processed foods or grain bam the next day I get a pimple(s). I already tested it.

I don't have before pictures but here are my current pictures and as you can see the redmarks are still visible and you can clearly see I used to have acne: (i am not putting anything on the redmarks, with time they will fade im not fucking up my skin with chemicals)

You can get more information on the diet you should be eating to clear your acne once and forever by going on mercola.com and learning and looking up the posts of a person registered here under the username: THEREALCURE.

I also have a better description of the diet in my signature thats called "Final Solution for Acne"

I also stopped feeling bloated and I am no longer tired in the morning, i'm fully of energy now that I eat food that man has been eating since the beginning of time. What most of the world is eating has been made in a lab these days

Attached Thumbnails

• 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg

#2 Cyph31

Cyph31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:19 AM

i would fully switch (about 75% there) to a diet like yours but my diet is already killing me with food costs, any chicken or fish are twice or more expensive than whole foods like nuts

if grains can get me fully clear then that's too bad for me, because i can't afford to do that

#3 xec

xec

Gold Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

You have to take it for what it is. Vegetables are not expensive. Chicken where I live is about 1.00 per lb. I think frozen food, pizza, chips, fast food, bread and all that is more expensive than meat + vegetables in the long run(that really is all I basically eat, yes it provides me with all the nutrients I will ever need in a day, probably too much lol)

#4 xec

xec

Gold Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

This is also a great topic in which what I do is covered precisely: http://www.acne.org/...p;#entry1947444

#5 WaitingForMyRealLife2Begin

WaitingForMyRealLife2Begin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:28 AM

Congrats xec!

I hope you maintain your healthy lifestyle and skin.

#6 xec

xec

Gold Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

i would fully switch (about 75% there) to a diet like yours but my diet is already killing me with food costs, any chicken or fish are twice or more expensive than whole foods like nuts

if grains can get me fully clear then that's too bad for me, because i can't afford to do that

What does your diet consist of right now? How is your acne?

Congrats xec!

Thanks!

#7 warwize

warwize

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:39 AM

What's really interesting about THEREALCURE and other similar diets is how they are all very good at fighting the candida infection.

By cutting out all sugars, simple carbs, grains, and high GI foods, you are essentially starving the growth of the fungus. Then when you take coconut oil there is a specific acid in it that has been shown to fight off the fungus.

I think there might be some sort of connection between people who are sensitive to insulin spikes caused by excess sugars and candida, maybe together they are the factors that contribute to some people's acne?

#8 xec

xec

Gold Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:43 AM

I took two pictures of two of my meals.

The one in the black container is what i'm taking to eat at work. Sardines, tomato, cucumber.

The other one is what I just ate. Grilled chicken, broccoli, tomato. Might not look too appetizing but it keeps me acne-free and at optimum health so i don't care!

http://i36.photobuck...unatick90/1.jpg

http://i36.photobuck...unatick90/2.jpg

#9 Hoofy

Hoofy

Kevin Likes Lemons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

not a bad looking dinner

#10 Ambrosius

Ambrosius

Bearded Roman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

Only with this condition do I look at photos of other people's dinner online... Man, do I need to get clear and get a life...

Oh yeah, congrats, xec. Hope it works for me too.
My Regimen

Sebamed Everyday Shampoo and Jason Natural Jojoba Conditioner for hair, followed by Sebamed Cleansing Bar for the skin.

Avoid: dairy, eggs, millet, cashews (intolerances); pork and shellfish (religion)

#11 DeAntonio

DeAntonio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

no whey protein?

#12 LivesInABox

LivesInABox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(warwize @ Aug 23 2007, 06:39 PM) View Post
What's really interesting about THEREALCURE and other similar diets is how they are all very good at fighting the candida infection.

By cutting out all sugars, simple carbs, grains, and high GI foods, you are essentially starving the growth of the fungus. Then when you take coconut oil there is a specific acid in it that has been shown to fight off the fungus.

I think there might be some sort of connection between people who are sensitive to insulin spikes caused by excess sugars and candida, maybe together they are the factors that contribute to some people's acne?

I wish there was a button on here to award you a medal - but your kind of thinking on here doesn't go down well, you might well be chased off by the cavemen mob. You might want to keep some fire sticks handy to keep them at bay!

Gotta take a couple of points of ya though cos you forgot to point out that cutting out caffeine and fruit juice also is recommended for combating candida, and not drinking calories is better for nutrition.

Also giving up acid's and chemicals in the acne treatments can also help the skin but doesn't cure acne but it can help reduce the acne or stress on the skin.

I'm glad xec's found something that works that he can live with, that's all that really matters - no matter what you or anyone else believes is the reason it works! Well done!
?tnarelotni esotcurF uoy erA

After all, man is not what he eats, but what he can digest and assimilate. And i can't assimilate much fructose at all!

#13 xec

xec

Gold Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

not a bad looking dinner

Thanks, I actually usually have three chicken legs so I can get more protein and calories, but I couldnt today =[

Only with this condition do I look at photos of other people's dinner online... Man, do I need to get clear and get a life...

Oh yeah, congrats, xec. Hope it works for me too.

I know how you feel man. Many times I knew I WANTED to go out with my friends, and I knew the ONLY reason i didnt was because of my skin =[

no whey protein?

I take whey protein isolate, which is 90% pure protein by volume and weight. It does not contain lactose or casein. Expensive? Yes. Does it make acne worse? Not mine. Would a cheaper kind of whey make my acne come back? Probably.

I'm glad xec's found something that works that he can live with, that's all that really matters - no matter what you or anyone else believes is the reason it works! Well done!

Thanks!

There is many links to acne, its not just one thing that causes it. My diet has attacked all of the reasons, therefore I am acne-free.

I KNOW its my diet because now sometimes when I come from lifting or playing basketball I do not shower right away when I get home, maybe an hour, two, THREE HOURS after I go home do i wash my face or shower after doing sweaty physical activity. Dried sweat and/or dirt on face? Yes. Acne? NO!

#14 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(LivesInABox @ Aug 23 2007, 01:36 PM) View Post
QUOTE(warwize @ Aug 23 2007, 06:39 PM) View Post

I wish there was a button on here to award you a medal - but your kind of thinking on here doesn't go down well, you might well be chased off by the cavemen mob. You might want to keep some fire sticks handy to keep them at bay!

I don't get that remark. We talk about candida and avoiding insulin spikes here all the time.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#15 Healthoid

Healthoid

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

Congrats man. I follow a very similar diet and it works wonders.

I love to see people posting real-world results in pictures. Your skin looks like all you've got left are some marks and bumps where acne used to be and those will fade rapidly, especially with your good diet.

#16 Hoofy

Hoofy

Kevin Likes Lemons

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

Take a picture of another dinner if you get the chance, I'm trying this one tonight

#17 THEREALCURE

THEREALCURE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

Congrats man, I just read your thread and I'm truly touched. I don't wanna sound soft or anything but I'm really happy for you man. Even if your the only person to follow through with the plan and cure your acne thats great at least someone had the willpower to get the results and Im glad I could help. If you ever have any questions or anything feel free to PM me or post ur question here and ill reply.

I encourage you to learn EFT also, it helps with emotional health. Visit emofree.com or mercola.com and type in eft. Every disease has an emotional aspect, try eft on acne or any other issues u have. Peace

#18 Iliad

Iliad

watcher. sleeper. dreamer.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:50 PM

I have tried and tried various diets with mostly no success so far. What confuses me is the conflicting ideas. Some diets said to stay of meat and eggs especially, even if gluten was ok.

Still, your story has inspired me to try again with dieting. My main problem, I live at college! It may be hard to find good meals at the caf. oompf.gif

Taking Accutane was perhaps the single best decision of my life.
Not taking it sooner was quite possibly the biggest mistake.

My 'tane log: Iliad's Odyssey It's clear skin and clear skies beyond...

#19 stardancer

stardancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(Iliad @ Aug 23 2007, 03:50 PM) View Post
I have tried and tried various diets with mostly no success so far. What confuses me is the conflicting ideas. Some diets said to stay of meat and eggs especially, even if gluten was ok.

Still, your story has inspired me to try again with dieting. My main problem, I live at college! It may be hard to find good meals at the caf. oompf.gif

Unfortunately, the various diets I have tried and stuck with haven't worked for me. However I am currently back to no caffeine just for general health reasons. We'll see if it makes a difference with my skin.
My regimen:

AM: Baby brush method with Aqua Glycolic
Aloe mixed with Neutrogena Sheer Touch Sunscreen
Joppa minerals

PM: Wash with Aqua Glycolic
Nucelle 10%
Lac Hydrin 5

#20 Cyph31

Cyph31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(xec @ Aug 23 2007, 01:37 PM) View Post

What does your diet consist of right now? How is your acne?

Congrats xec!

Thanks!

oats + flax + apple + whey breakfast

chicken/fish + frozen veggies + raw veggies + almonds + olive oil second meal

same thing for third meal/dinner

bananas + whey + water after workouts

you're right that fancy prepared food like frozen pizzas cost more than fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds but chicken and fish do as well, i found a supermarket place selling wild frozen salmon for $7/kg but i can't even afford that

i'm at ~ 3500 calories now

all my dietary changes since january have cleared me up a lot and eliminated my oil production but i'm not fully there yet

and the constant fish oil supplementation is annoying as well, $20 a week, along with $30 for whey isolate every 2 weeks

i agree that your diet is ideal to clear up the acne of most people but at the end of the day if you go financially broke as a result it doesn't matter

but i don't know why i even complain about the small few bumps i get these days once in a while, because all it takes is a good humid day to give me a dozen new red bumps, and
i have confirmed over and over that dried sweat/humid weather is a huge trigger for me, and it's something i have no control over