Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am CLEAR because of DIET change

39 posts in this topic

I have cleared my presistant mild-moderate acne with food/diet changes. I have cut out all grains, processed food, all fluids besides water (soda, juice ect), high GI foods, beef, and pork.

I am a bodybuilder therefore I lift 3-4 times a week. I eat 6-8 meals a DAY that consist of free-range organic eggs, various fruits and vegetables (fruits in moderation because of fructose), chicken and turkey and fish. That's all I eat. I'm going to take a picture of what I eat later on today so you guys get the idea.

A little background info: I got acne when i was 14 and at the sight of the 1st pimple I ran to Walgreen's and bought harsh medicated scrubs cleaners and lotion. THATS when my skin started to get EVEN WORSE, and I think this is the case with all of us.

Once I applied my diet changes I stopped using ANY CREAMS OR LOTIONS. I do not have a skincare routine. I just wash my face morning and night. I used to have a precise calculated routine with like 10 lotions before i go to sleep ect ect....

I'm now 17 and I am happy to say I will most likely stay clear forever. I applied the change in march and around June/July I started to see results. You have to stick with it.

The supplements I take are: fish oil, coconut oil, multivitamin, and zinc.

If I eat processed foods or grain bam the next day I get a pimple(s). I already tested it.

I don't have before pictures but here are my current pictures and as you can see the redmarks are still visible and you can clearly see I used to have acne: (i am not putting anything on the redmarks, with time they will fade im not fucking up my skin with chemicals)

You can get more information on the diet you should be eating to clear your acne once and forever by going on mercola.com and learning and looking up the posts of a person registered here under the username: THEREALCURE.

I also have a better description of the diet in my signature thats called "Final Solution for Acne"

I also stopped feeling bloated and I am no longer tired in the morning, i'm fully of energy now that I eat food that man has been eating since the beginning of time. What most of the world is eating has been made in a lab these days

post-55167-1187876491_thumb.jpg

post-55167-1187876501_thumb.jpg

post-55167-1187876491_thumb.jpg

post-55167-1187876501_thumb.jpg

i would fully switch (about 75% there) to a diet like yours but my diet is already killing me with food costs, any chicken or fish are twice or more expensive than whole foods like nuts

if grains can get me fully clear then that's too bad for me, because i can't afford to do that

You have to take it for what it is. Vegetables are not expensive. Chicken where I live is about 1.00 per lb. I think frozen food, pizza, chips, fast food, bread and all that is more expensive than meat + vegetables in the long run(that really is all I basically eat, yes it provides me with all the nutrients I will ever need in a day, probably too much lol)

i would fully switch (about 75% there) to a diet like yours but my diet is already killing me with food costs, any chicken or fish are twice or more expensive than whole foods like nuts

if grains can get me fully clear then that's too bad for me, because i can't afford to do that

What's really interesting about THEREALCURE and other similar diets is how they are all very good at fighting the candida infection.

By cutting out all sugars, simple carbs, grains, and high GI foods, you are essentially starving the growth of the fungus. Then when you take coconut oil there is a specific acid in it that has been shown to fight off the fungus.

I think there might be some sort of connection between people who are sensitive to insulin spikes caused by excess sugars and candida, maybe together they are the factors that contribute to some people's acne?

I took two pictures of two of my meals.

The one in the black container is what i'm taking to eat at work. Sardines, tomato, cucumber.

The other one is what I just ate. Grilled chicken, broccoli, tomato. Might not look too appetizing but it keeps me acne-free and at optimum health so i don't care!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/lunatick90/1.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/lunatick90/2.jpg

not a bad looking dinner

Only with this condition do I look at photos of other people's dinner online... Man, do I need to get clear and get a life...

Oh yeah, congrats, xec. Hope it works for me too.

My Regimen

Sebamed Everyday Shampoo and Jason Natural Jojoba Conditioner for hair, followed by Sebamed Cleansing Bar for the skin.

Avoid: dairy, eggs, millet, cashews (intolerances); pork and shellfish (religion)

What's really interesting about THEREALCURE and other similar diets is how they are all very good at fighting the candida infection.

By cutting out all sugars, simple carbs, grains, and high GI foods, you are essentially starving the growth of the fungus. Then when you take coconut oil there is a specific acid in it that has been shown to fight off the fungus.

I think there might be some sort of connection between people who are sensitive to insulin spikes caused by excess sugars and candida, maybe together they are the factors that contribute to some people's acne?

?tnarelotni esotcurF uoy erA

After all, man is not what he eats, but what he can digest and assimilate. And i can't assimilate much fructose at all!

I wish there was a button on here to award you a medal - but your kind of thinking on here doesn't go down well, you might well be chased off by the cavemen mob. You might want to keep some fire sticks handy to keep them at bay!

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

Congrats man. I follow a very similar diet and it works wonders.

I love to see people posting real-world results in pictures. Your skin looks like all you've got left are some marks and bumps where acne used to be and those will fade rapidly, especially with your good diet.

Take a picture of another dinner if you get the chance, I'm trying this one tonight

Congrats man, I just read your thread and I'm truly touched. I don't wanna sound soft or anything but I'm really happy for you man. Even if your the only person to follow through with the plan and cure your acne thats great at least someone had the willpower to get the results and Im glad I could help. If you ever have any questions or anything feel free to PM me or post ur question here and ill reply.

I encourage you to learn EFT also, it helps with emotional health. Visit emofree.com or mercola.com and type in eft. Every disease has an emotional aspect, try eft on acne or any other issues u have. Peace

I have tried and tried various diets with mostly no success so far. What confuses me is the conflicting ideas. Some diets said to stay of meat and eggs especially, even if gluten was ok.

Still, your story has inspired me to try again with dieting. My main problem, I live at college! It may be hard to find good meals at the caf. >_<

Taking Accutane was perhaps the single best decision of my life.

Not taking it sooner was quite possibly the biggest mistake.

My 'tane log: Iliad's Odyssey It's clear skin and clear skies beyond...

I have tried and tried various diets with mostly no success so far. What confuses me is the conflicting ideas. Some diets said to stay of meat and eggs especially, even if gluten was ok.

Still, your story has inspired me to try again with dieting. My main problem, I live at college! It may be hard to find good meals at the caf. >_<

My regimen:

AM: Baby brush method with Aqua Glycolic

Aloe mixed with Neutrogena Sheer Touch Sunscreen

Joppa minerals

PM: Wash with Aqua Glycolic

Nucelle 10%

Lac Hydrin 5

What does your diet consist of right now? How is your acne?

Congrats xec!

I hope you maintain your healthy lifestyle and skin.

I don't get that remark. We talk about candida and avoiding insulin spikes here all the time.

?tnarelotni esotcurF uoy erA

After all, man is not what he eats, but what he can digest and assimilate. And i can't assimilate much fructose at all!

Congrats man, I just read your thread and I'm truly touched. I don't wanna sound soft or anything but I'm really happy for you man. Even if your the only person to follow through with the plan and cure your acne thats great at least someone had the willpower to get the results and Im glad I could help. If you ever have any questions or anything feel free to PM me or post ur question here and ill reply.

I encourage you to learn EFT also, it helps with emotional health. Visit emofree.com or mercola.com and type in eft. Every disease has an emotional aspect, try eft on acne or any other issues u have. Peace

A of sardines is less than a dollar. A can of tuna is 1.50 or less. A can of salmon is 2.00 or less

People have to learn how to manage money extremely well to succeed.......why buy the new "people" magazine (like 5 dollars or more)when you can have 5 cans of sardines which will give you a meal everyday. Just an example.

Cyph you say fish oil is expensive. Try liquid fish oil by the carlson's brand. One tablespoon has at least 3.5g of OMEGA 3 in it. Thats like i dont know how many capsules, 10?15? All I do is take one tablespoon in the morning everyday and I have over 3g of omega3 right there, + i do not eat grains and I eat alot of fish, I think I am in a positive balance of o3 over o6! ZOMG!!

link to carlsons fish oil: (btw one tablespoon a day will last the bottle at least 1 month 1/2. You say you spend 20$ a week on fish oil. one 500mL bottle that lasts 1 1/2 month is 28 with shipping included. go figure)

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/brow...ource=SCCL-1938

Also, this fish oil is better than what you get because it is made by a respected company and the fish is caught wild in norway and it is strictly tested for impurities, mercury and other toxins.

Next example: you say whey isolate is expensive.

ISOPURE which is whey protein isolate is here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nb/lowcarb.html

75 dollars for a 7.5 tub. The tub will last you months and months if you take the protein one scoop post one scoop pre workout and one scoop on off day, morning, mid-day, whatever.

A of sardines is less than a dollar. A can of tuna is 1.50 or less. A can of salmon is 2.00 or less

People have to learn how to manage money extremely well to succeed.......why buy the new "people" magazine (like 5 dollars or more)when you can have 5 cans of sardines which will give you a meal everyday. Just an example.

Cyph you say fish oil is expensive. Try liquid fish oil by the carlson's brand. One tablespoon has at least 3.5g of OMEGA 3 in it. Thats like i dont know how many capsules, 10?15? All I do is take one tablespoon in the morning everyday and I have over 3g of omega3 right there, + i do not eat grains and I eat alot of fish, I think I am in a positive balance of o3 over o6! ZOMG!!

link to carlsons fish oil: (btw one tablespoon a day will last the bottle at least 1 month 1/2. You say you spend 20$ a week on fish oil. one 500mL bottle that lasts 1 1/2 month is 28 with shipping included. go figure)

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/brow...ource=SCCL-1938

Also, this fish oil is better than what you get because it is made by a respected company and the fish is caught wild in norway and it is strictly tested for impurities, mercury and other toxins.