14 replies to this topic

#1 Wot

Wot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2004 - 05:37 AM

Hello,

From some of the posts I've read here at the Acne.org messageboard, it seems Aloe Vera is very good for reducing facial redness resulting from acne.

Questions:

1)Is Aloe Vera better as a gel or or as a cream when applied on the face (cheeks, nose, chin, forehead)? Why?

2)Is Aloe Vera (in gel or cream) drying in any way or is it moisturizing?

3)I am looking to buy 100% pure organic aloe vera that does NOT contain any parabens (such as methylparaben and propylparaben), preservatives and Vitamin E (may clog pores from some of the posts I've read). In fact, if possible, I would prefer the one and only ingredient to be 100% pure organic aloe vera and nothing else. Can you recommend such a product and where in the U.S. I can buy it (online or brick & mortar retailer)? Earlier, I very briefly visited http://VitaminShoppe.com and could not find one that met my desired requirements, but I did not do a thorough search.

4)For the first time, I'll soon be going on the 10gm per day Vitamin B5 regimen(in conjunction with multi-vitamins & minerals I've been taking for nearly two decades). From what I've read so far, vitamin B5 is supposed to shrink facial oil glands and pores. Does B5, in any way, also noticeably reduce facial redness and red marks? If not, would it be OK to apply Aloe Vera to reduce facial redness and red marks while taking Vitamin B5?

5)When is the best time during the day and/or night to apply Aloe Vera on the face? Can Aloe Vera be used as a substitute for the typical moisturizer? How is it best washed off at a later time?

6)For reducing facial redness and red marks, is the 20% Vitamin B5 topical gel (1.45 ounce) offered at http://acnemiracle.com/b5series.html effective at all or would I get better, quicker results with Aloe Vera? BTW, does anyone have a Customer Service or Ordering PHONE NUMBER for AcneMiracle.com?

Thank you.

P.S.: I would really appreciate it someone could answer the questions I asked in my earlier post entitled "How do I successfully treat the corners of my nose?" at http://acne.org/mess...3d38596cd6e2ff2

#2 Montreal-ndg

Montreal-ndg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:19 AM

i am currently using 100% ALoe Vera here is the link.
http://www.drugstore...FI-0-EVGR-49973

I find that it is not drying at all !!!
but not also a good moisterizer.
I only apply this at night on my face to help heal my blemishes, at night only cuz that is when you face is at it's top healing phase when you are resting/sleeping.
My best bet is to buy a Aloe Vera plant, you can maybe find one at yoru local flower shop..there not expensive.

#3 sweetchica329

sweetchica329

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2004 - 12:58 PM

Yes I too love this 100% Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel.

I found it to be a little drying at first but keep with it for a few more days. It's only drying on the surrface of the skin because it helps heal the other layers of the skin first. It is a must have!

-Nikki-

#4 Elly

Elly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:44 PM

I don't see how they can call it 100% aloe if it contains stabilisers and preservatives. I'd agree that the tubed stuff isn't as good as using it straight from the plant although it is a worthy substitute. I find the plant more moisturising - the tubed variety is even drying at times but it is a lot more convenient to use and I feel guilty when I have to cut my Aloe plant.

#5 Melody Hill

Melody Hill

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2004 - 04:29 PM

I would prefer the Aloe Vera Oil, even though it says "OIL" doesn't mean it will clog your pores, and it's a higher potency than the gel or cream. I agree that the 100% Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, is NOT 100% even though the tube tells you otherwise. And one more thing, Vitamin E doesn't clog your pores, this is a natural oil that your skin produces anyway and it's great. I use it at night, and I do agree also, that at rest your skin is at it's prime time for healing.
tongue.gif

#6 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2004 - 12:22 AM

I don't understand how a 100% aloe vera product can be a cream. It's naturally a jel.

Anyway why do you guys need to buy everything from the net? You can get lots of aloe vera(100% organic) from any health food store for around $5 and you don't have to wait for shipping.

Anyway, don't buy the aloe plant and put it on your face or else you'll look like shit. When you break open the leaf the jel is in the very middle but there is another substance that is inside the leaf and if you dont get rid of it first(which is hard) then it will irritate your skin like nothing you've ever seen.

#7 Elly

Elly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:47 PM

blackbirdbeatle, I've never had that experience - do you use it by peeling the skin off? The way I've been shown is to cut it into thin cross sections. It's really easy to get to the gooey stuff inside after that and it ensures you only cut as much as you need.

#8 Adam

Adam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 03:00 PM

B5 doesnt shrink your oil glands, it controls an enzyme that triggers the glands to produce oil. At any rate, B5 is good for skin health it is not a cure for red marks. Aloe on the other hand is good, becuase it helps the skin break down proteins it needs for repair. I dont know how anyone could get 100% aloe in a tube without some sort of perservative b/c it just wouldnt last. Meaning the company has to put some type of persv. to keep the stuff fresh and proper otherwise you would have to buy a tube of it frequantly; its just not feasable/possible for a company to do so...

As for Vit E it has a comengenic rating of 3 which is a-ok for acne prone skin...

#9 Valtiel

Valtiel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Skincare, cats, video games, writing, reading, surfing the net, being solitary, meeting new people, chatting.

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:35 AM

Lily of the Desert Aloe vera is pretty good stuff. I bought it in the health section of a grocery store, it comes a lot more watery than the fruit of the earth stuff, which never helped me as much as far as healing as this stuff has.

This stuff says it's 100% organic on the bottle, you store it in the fridge, you can even drink this stuff. I bought a 32oz bottle for $6 bucks.

Here's there website if you feel like getting some more in depth information or want to buy it and can't find it anywhere else: http://lilyofthedesert.com/

#10 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:50 AM

Can you guys explain a little more about how to cut the aloe plant? I have never heard that there is othe stuff in the plant. I would like to start using the plant for some red marks but don't want my face to be a mess.
Thanks.
"To the world, you may be one person;
but to one person, you may be the world."

#11 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2004 - 05:06 PM

Cut off a plump lower leaf near the central stalk.
Cut off any spines along the edges.
Slit the leaf lengthwise.
Squeeze out the gel from the center of the leaf (you can use the tip of a butter knife), and apply it to your skin.

#12 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:03 PM

What is the part of the aloe that I don't want to put on my face? When I cut it open is it the juice that I want to put on???
Thanks.
"To the world, you may be one person;
but to one person, you may be the world."

#13 egsviola54

egsviola54

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

If you want 100% pure aloe vera gel, you have to buy a plant and use it straight from that. The gel does not naturally keep for long periods of time by itself.

Edited by egsviola54, 07 June 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#14 Ward123

Ward123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

Hello everyone,

I have suffered from acne since 20 years, and have gone through hell, have taken antibiotics, accutane, differin gel, creams etc etc nothing worked except homeopathy, however even with that I do suffer from an outburst of acne during my periods.
Just 2 months ago, I bought aloe vera plant for my garden, googled and found that its suppose to be good for acne, decided to make a toner with the following ingredients

Manuka honey
Organic green tea
Little bit of organic apple cider vinegar
And aloe gel from my plant

I put it in the fridge, I make just the amount to last me for 10 days, and believe me its worked miracles for my skin (which is super oily) my skin glows, have had compliments from my colleagues. Am soooo happy. I dont follow any particular diet but I have stopped taking medicines or supplements even homeopathy because I believe my body needs a break from all of this.
Just wanted to share this with u guys.

#15 rLightning

rLightning

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

Is there any product that contains  anti acne properties as well as aloe vera? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users