Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cidRay321

pimples on lip line- please help

2 posts in this topic

I get small little white pimples/blackheads around my lip line. They aren't inflamed at all and they are difficult to see unless I press my tongue against the back side of my lip. I'm guessing they are blackheads. One in particular was a little bigger and was bugging me so I tried to squeeze it out. I got some puss out, but I couldn't get it all out.

Two days later, the spot is now red, inflamed, and sore. I have some BHA, green cream and benzoyl peroxide, but am currently not using anything on my face besides a mild cleanser. What is the best way to get my skin back to normal? Should I use the BHA? Aloe? Nothing? Ice? I have an interview next week and hope to get rid of the big red mark on my lip before then. Thanks!

Don't mess with those little bumps around the lips. It's a very sensitive area and as you've noticed, picking can make it very much worse than just an under the skin bump.

It should be completely better in a few days if you don't do any messing with it. It won't hurt to put some ice on it every so often.

A dab of antibiotic ointment and bandaid at night, if the bandaid will stick right there.

No more picking! (unless it develops a white head, in which case pricking it with a STERILE needle and letting the contents flow would be fine).

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!