blackhead blackheads pimple pimples pus red mark

1 reply to this topic

#1 cidRay321

cidRay321

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:21 PM

I get small little white pimples/blackheads around my lip line. They aren't inflamed at all and they are difficult to see unless I press my tongue against the back side of my lip. I'm guessing they are blackheads. One in particular was a little bigger and was bugging me so I tried to squeeze it out. I got some puss out, but I couldn't get it all out.

Two days later, the spot is now red, inflamed, and sore. I have some BHA, green cream and benzoyl peroxide, but am currently not using anything on my face besides a mild cleanser. What is the best way to get my skin back to normal? Should I use the BHA? Aloe? Nothing? Ice? I have an interview next week and hope to get rid of the big red mark on my lip before then. Thanks!

#2 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

Don't mess with those little bumps around the lips. It's a very sensitive area and as you've noticed, picking can make it very much worse than just an under the skin bump.

It should be completely better in a few days if you don't do any messing with it. It won't hurt to put some ice on it every so often.

A dab of antibiotic ointment and bandaid at night, if the bandaid will stick right there.

No more picking! (unless it develops a white head, in which case pricking it with a STERILE needle and letting the contents flow would be fine).

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users