Photo

Craziest thing you've ever done for your acne?

dermabrasion microdermabrasion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
117 replies to this topic

#41 User15978

User15978

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

Phaser all i can say is ouch! comfort.gif Has it recovered?
I did something similar to this.

Got my Clearasil gel cleanser (the gel is blue) which contains Salicylic Acid (dont know % though) cleansed with that at night. I got carried away, i opened the bottle and smothered the cleanser all over my face and went to bed. The next morning, my face was burnt and red and sore!!!

The next couple of days, my face peeled like hell!!!

#42 dragon10

dragon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

Popping cysts with a needle, using ACV without diluting it causing scars and red marks that wouldn't go away for a very very long time, and using St. Ives Apricot Scrub while I had active acne

#43 rodd

rodd

$$rockinonyourdime$$

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

craziest thing ive ever done for my acne? my regimen. eusa_shifty.gif

http://www.acne.org/...p...=132266&hl=

#44 Optomstic 1

Optomstic 1

Optimistic 1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(Rusalka @ Aug 2 2007, 02:54 PM) View Post
Whilst painting the garage earlier I spent a rather disturbing amount of time staring at a roll of sandpaper. You doubtless all know what I was thinking. Which left me wondering - how many people have tried to sandpaper their skin off like some sort of deranged DIY microdermabrasion? It made me reminisce about the time I tried to offer my eternal soul to the devil (yes, I know) in exchange for nice clear skin. lol.gif

So, what's the most ludicrous skin-related thing you've ever done?

I rubbed poison ivy all over my face and arms when I was in eighth grade. So the kids at school wouldn't make fun of me for having a few pimples on my face. Yeah dumb idea I know but u couldn't tell that I had any pimples b/c my face was covered with poison ivy. Wow what was I thinking?

#45 speckle

speckle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(phaser @ Aug 4 2007, 04:08 AM) View Post
Amateurs ! You're all good for nothin' wink.gif

I got a towel, soaked it ALL with Salycilic Acid 5% and left it on my face ALL NIGHT.
The results in the morning ... well ... where to begin with ? Perhaps with the question where the fuck is my face ? I got SO burned, it was like washing your face with boiling water.
The Acid made some kind of canals through my skin. It was bleeding all the time and was red as hell. To sum up - there was almost no skin left, especially on my forehead.
It took me 2 months to heal. Praise be deflagmol.

Yes, I have scars now, pretty big ones at that.

Yes, I am stupid.

You are the master smile.gif

I've used my own piss on my face. And I've drunk my own piss (it didn't stay down long)

#46 Dirge

Dirge

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

I've put toothpaste on my face and left it there for days at at time (between showers, of course). Had some awful chemical burns after that. =/

#47 ~jess~

~jess~

Formally Listen2cky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(rodd @ Aug 4 2007, 12:09 PM) View Post

"i will be taking it for granted and not doing anything nice for it because it doesnt deserve it."

lol.gif

#48 phaser

phaser

I am my own saviour

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(Mardy Bum @ Aug 3 2007, 05:09 PM) View Post
QUOTE(phaser @ Aug 3 2007, 07:08 PM) View Post
Amateurs ! You're all good for nothin' wink.gif

I got a towel, soaked it ALL with Salycilic Acid 5% and left it on my face ALL NIGHT.
The results in the morning ... well ... where to begin with ? Perhaps with the question where the fuck is my face ? I got SO burned, it was like washing your face with boiling water.
The Acid made some kind of canals through my skin. It was bleeding all the time and was red as hell. To sum up - there was almost no skin left, especially on my forehead.
It took me 2 months to heal. Praise be deflagmol.

Yes, I have scars now, pretty big ones at that.

Yes, I am stupid.

neutral.gif

thank fuck i am an amateur. that sounds so painful, isit almost recovered now??

Well ofcourse, it's been 2 years since then, but as I said, my scars will remain as long as I draw breath. They are represented by 2 lines starting from the middle of my forehead to it's outskirts
And 2 small ones on my nose. The rest of my face healed completely thanks to 'deflagmol'

It was like my face was 2nd degree burned. Dead skin falling off for an entire week till it starts healing. And yes - it hurt like a mofo.
When I put on the towel on my face I felt the acid disolving my skin ...
Why I did it ? I was SO angry wish my face, completely furious that I can't seem to keep myself clear. I started punching myself in the face and got in a state of complete rage.
It was in that exact state that I performed the stupidity explained in the previous post.

#49 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:56 AM

I remember back in early 2001 when I didn't know a single thing about acne, I read online about some old fashioned remedy for acne which involved some sort of herb like sage in hot water being applied to your face. As I was unemployed at the time, I thought "Ah well it'll pass the time at least". We didn't have any sage in the house, so I tried it with the herb Rosemary. As I sat there with a load of dried Rosemary on my face, I thought "What the fuck am I doing??!!!!".

Then I went and got some antibiotics!

#50 rodd

rodd

$$rockinonyourdime$$

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE(~jess~ @ Aug 4 2007, 03:21 PM) View Post
QUOTE(rodd @ Aug 4 2007, 12:09 PM) View Post

"i will be taking it for granted and not doing anything nice for it because it doesnt deserve it."

lol.gif

like a bitch biggrin.gif

#51 metallica1

metallica1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:04 AM

one time i washed my face with hydrochloric acid and another time i soaked my head in petrol and lit it on fire, it worked! i didnt have acne any more!!

#52 Glass

Glass

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE(metallica1 @ Aug 5 2007, 06:04 AM) View Post
one time i washed my face with hydrochloric acid and another time i soaked my head in petrol and lit it on fire, it worked! i didnt have acne any more!!

hydrochloric acid...!? are you serious??!

#53 rodd

rodd

$$rockinonyourdime$$

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE(so_low @ Aug 5 2007, 10:10 PM) View Post

so you're shocked about the hydrochloric acid, but the soaking his head in petrol and then setting it on fire part of his post doesnt seem unusual enough to warrant a mention? lol.gif

#54 Glass

Glass

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(rodd @ Aug 5 2007, 08:06 AM) View Post

so you're shocked about the hydrochloric acid, but the soaking his head in petrol and then setting it on fire part of his post doesnt seem unusual enough to warrant a mention? lol.gif

lol.gif Actually, I was shocked by both. I was just too lazy to encode that part—as you can see with the ellipsis. smile.gif

#55 murfirhea

murfirhea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:52 AM

Has anyone ever had a phenol peel. That is by far the worst thing I have done. It took like 6 weeks to heal. It hurt like a mother.

#56 shades1991

shades1991

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

When I got sunburned really bad and got blistered, I picked at my skin and ripped off the skin to make it bloody to distract from my acne.

#57 metallica1

metallica1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(so_low @ Aug 5 2007, 08:11 AM) View Post
QUOTE(rodd @ Aug 5 2007, 08:06 AM) View Post

lol.gif Actually, I was shocked by both. I was just too lazy to encode that part—as you can see with the ellipsis. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

#58 mystifire

mystifire

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:02 PM

Kept a glycolic peel on for far too long and my skin crusted/browned/scabbed. I kept it on so long that parts of my face were quivering from how much it stung. A couple days later i peeled it all off so it was red and then went to a water park and didnt wear sunscreen. I have discoloration from it still... though it has faded drastically and still is. It has been a year since. I wish i never did it because i have a few indented scars from it that havent changed.

After that event I became desperate and depressed and went downhill psychologically for months; that was the hardest emotional time of my life, though that chemical peel incident did not solely cause it.

#59 GrimZ

GrimZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:17 PM

I had a cluster of active zits right above my eyebrows between my eyes. They were pissing me the hell off so I got my proactive peel that I had no clue how to use, squirted the liquid SA shit all over them, put the peel on and left it there for a while. When I finally peeled it off it ripped all the tops off of the all the zits, making them insanely raw, red, inflammed, and irritated, and made me break out there even more. It sucked, and the red marks for the after math were there for quite some time.

#60 rodd

rodd

$$rockinonyourdime$$

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:10 AM

ouch! you guys are making we wince reading all those.. what did your poor skin ever do to you? actually, dont answer that..