ginseng zinc

4 replies to this topic

#1 still have cysts

still have cysts

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:20 AM

Hey, second post here so just wanna get some opinions from other people.

Im 24 now and recently i got rid of all my cysts like for atleast a few months straight. So recently I've gotten another few spurts. btw i've tried everything suggested by a derm but he/she wont let me take accutane since like i was 18 and this hesitation to let me use it continued on to my recent visit a few months ago.

I was concluding that it was due to the high caffeine/increased test from lifting; taking bsn no-xplode. Just got off of that 3 days ago though; so cant conclude that yet.

So now I'm off that and thats when the cysts re-appeared in groups; not Too bad of cysts but still cysts none the less.

Am i healthy?

without a doubt.

diet:
fish/chicken/fruits/veggies ~ absolutely no junk food.

supplments:
130g protein from ON 100% whey/ Cytosport MM
omega3-6-9 from puritan
zinc pico(normal daily dose)
pantothenic acid(10g)
exotic fruit blend antioxidants(1g) acai,mangostem,goji etc
ginseng(1g) from korean to panax ~ stress and other benefits

skin regimine:
i use desert essense tea tree oil face wash followed by cetaphil then a niacimin b gel.
same routine mid day then at night.

exercise? <--- bodybuilder

So, any thoughts on this new breakout of cysts?
Should i stop my mid-day wash? should i stop the tea tree oil if it leaves my skin tight? i thought that was a good thing... hmm

its clearing up already but just wondering what you guys think...

~tom
got pho?
Having a nice body and some acne is ok with me. Still not sure about taking accutane tho...

100% acne free is everyones dream on these boards but ill take 90%

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(still have cysts @ Jul 24 2007, 09:20 AM) View Post
Hey, second post here so just wanna get some opinions from other people.

Im 24 now and recently i got rid of all my cysts like for atleast a few months straight. So recently I've gotten another few spurts. btw i've tried everything suggested by a derm but he/she wont let me take accutane since like i was 18 and this hesitation to let me use it continued on to my recent visit a few months ago.

I was concluding that it was due to the high caffeine/increased test from lifting; taking bsn no-xplode. Just got off of that 3 days ago though; so cant conclude that yet.

So now I'm off that and thats when the cysts re-appeared in groups; not Too bad of cysts but still cysts none the less.

Allergy? My cystic acne was an allergic reaction to oranges and other citrus.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 still have cysts

still have cysts

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

i was eating grapefruit but that was like only two in the past 3 days, odd, could never have suspected that but then again i have no history of allergies to anything though.
Having a nice body and some acne is ok with me. Still not sure about taking accutane tho...

#4 still have cysts

still have cysts

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

actually i don't think its citrus in my case.

#5 tonecorc

tonecorc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I have had horrible cysts requiring surgery before. they run in the family on both sides but I am the only one who gets ones on the face.

- worst one I ever had was a golf ball tucked under my forehead - got an Isolaz treatment and it went away

- now I have little ones - retin-a won't touch them - CLEARASIL ULTRA benzoil P version. rub it in deeply. try to keep it off the clear parts. top it with neosporan cream at night. best yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users