How to know which type you have?

3 replies to this topic

#1 kiwi-lemon

kiwi-lemon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:46 PM

How do you know if you have cystic acne?

#2 summerlover1009

summerlover1009

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love to fly.. i really enjoy flying on airplanes and traveling. I couldn't survive without my friends they mean the world to me. They love me whether i have great skin or not. I love having great skin too (: I'm sure all of you do too haha.<br /><br />Well I'm a nice person so feel free to talk to me!

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:04 PM

You will have cysts.
If you don't know what they look like google cystic acne.
I've only had one in my entire life and it was small for a cyst but there usually pretty painful.
"Learn to love the body Christ gave you, for it is a gift to be cherished and loved."

#3 keelers

keelers

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:07 PM

If you have to ask the question, then you dont have cystic acne. Its basicly acne thats under the skin that causes big resevoirs of puss.....lovely.

#4 Joe Zit

Joe Zit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(keelers @ Jul 23 2007, 02:07 PM) View Post
If you have to ask the question, then you dont have cystic acne.

Not necessarily so. I remember I had a whopper of a cyst on my right cheek about 1962 when I was about fourteen years old. Back in the day (when acne was considered a "hygiene disease" and diet related) I remember putting gobs of the old flesh colored Clearasil (which is about all we had in the early 60's) on it to no avail. On the tube it clearly said "not for cystic acne"...we had no internet then and I lived out in the sticks and the public and school libraries didn't have a lot on the subject other than to avoid chocolate, french fries and in one book "self gratification (masturbation)...I asked my Mom and she said, no what I had certainly couldn't be a cyst, and that cystic acne was skin cancer. (Naturally, I still have the scar on my cheek some 45 years later)

The point here, is that we all have different levels of sophistication, education, and maturity. It was a fair question asked. Try not to be so judgemental...please. We are all in this together whether we have one cyst or thirty five cysts or no cysts and just pimples and comedomes. It was a fair question.

Joe Zit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users