Photo

4th day after fraxel: still red

fraxel hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 rockomon123

rockomon123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:31 AM

well i had my 2nd fraxel done last friday (I'm of asian descent), and it's monday, the beginning of the next week where i start work. And I'm a bit nervous...

my face is still red, and there is like a visible tan line from where the fraxel laser left off on my face.. Can I expect a full recovery soon? I really need advice on this, as i am a bit nervous that this redness is hyperpigmentation that will take months to go away... so please, i need advice.

#2 poloho

poloho

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:01 AM

Hi,

I'm of asian descent too, and following my last Fraxel, I've had redness/pink on my face. Its been about 20 or so days after my last Fraxel, and is noticable. I asked my doctor about it, and he said it was not hyperpigmentation, but post procedure ereythma, which is just basically post procedure redness. He remarked that it was not normal for my skin to stay this red/pink for so long after the Fraxel, and recommended me to put on hydrocortisone for a week to see if it helped the redness. I'm not able to tell you if that worked or not as of now, as I just picked up the hydrocortisone today. I think you should just wait a bit. The redness/pinkess normally lasts around 6-7 days I think.

#3 rockomon123

rockomon123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:05 AM

I'm also on hydroqonine cream.. I read before on this forum that the redness after fraxel usually goes away in 3-4 days..

I just hope this redness goes away soon...

#4 resurectionisneeded

resurectionisneeded

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:07 PM

takes 4 -5 days for me.. then it takes another 3 days or so for the last of it to vanish.

#5 maggie123

maggie123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(rockomon123 @ Jul 23 2007, 11:05 AM) View Post
I'm also on hydroqonine cream.. I read before on this forum that the redness after fraxel usually goes away in 3-4 days..

The redness goes away in 3-5 days, but the "brozing effect" supposedly lasts 2 weeks. In my case I remember the first time I had fraxel I still had the "bronzing" after 14 days, but between then and day 21 it subsided substantially, basically dissapearing. Maybe what you have is the secondary "bronzing"?

Maggie123

1st Fraxel Treatment 6/13/07
Skin Type Fitzpatrick IV (olive/latin descent)
Light scarring and wrinkles
35mj
Level 6
10 passes
Pre-fraxel: Obagi clear (hydroquinone/AHA)
Post Fraxel: Gentle Waves, methylprednisolone, biafine

2nd Fraxel Treatment 7/16/07
40mj
Level ?
10 passes
3.3 kj
Pre-fraxel: Obagi clear (hydroquinone/AHA), antibiotics
Post Fraxel: Gentlewaves, methylprednisolone, biafine

3rd Fraxel Treatment 8/13/07
40mj
Level 6
8 passes
3.35 kj
Pre-fraxel: Obagi clear (hydroquinone/AHA)
Post Fraxel: Gentlewaves

#6 rockomon123

rockomon123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

yeah im hoping it'll go away completely by this weekend, so that i can be 100% presentable.. i'm going to go back to the dermatologist tomorrow to get some more post-laser cream(contains aloe vera along with some other ingredients).. but basically, i'm going to stop using hydroqounine cream until all the redness goes away as requested by my dermatologist's assistant.

if anybody has any advice on what products were good for relieving the redness, post-fraxel treatment, let me know please. thanks.

#7 rockomon123

rockomon123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(maggie123 @ Jul 23 2007, 09:34 PM) View Post
QUOTE(rockomon123 @ Jul 23 2007, 11:05 AM) View Post

Maybe what you have is the secondary "bronzing"?

i hope so. there is slight burn marks on small part below of my left cheek. it looks a bit ashy brownish, and rough like very light sandpaper..

there is also a very visible tan line, which is what bothers me the most.

i had an idea, just thinking, probaly won't do it, but.. had an idea of going to the tanning salon to even out my coloration, if this tan line doesnt go away. anybody here ever done this before?

p.s. of course if i went to the tanning salon, i would figure out something to cover my face from the uv lights, while in the tanning bed.

#8 rockomon123

rockomon123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(poloho @ Jul 23 2007, 10:01 AM) View Post
Hi,

I'm of asian descent too, and following my last Fraxel, I've had redness/pink on my face. Its been about 20 or so days after my last Fraxel, and is noticable. I asked my doctor about it, and he said it was not hyperpigmentation, but post procedure ereythma, which is just basically post procedure redness. He remarked that it was not normal for my skin to stay this red/pink for so long after the Fraxel, and recommended me to put on hydrocortisone for a week to see if it helped the redness. I'm not able to tell you if that worked or not as of now, as I just picked up the hydrocortisone today. I think you should just wait a bit. The redness/pinkess normally lasts around 6-7 days I think.

yeah, i got a bad feeling this redness is going to stay on my face for 20 days or more. shit.

#9 resurectionisneeded

resurectionisneeded

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(rockomon123 @ Jul 24 2007, 04:34 AM) View Post
QUOTE(poloho @ Jul 23 2007, 10:01 AM) View Post
Hi,

yeah, i got a bad feeling this redness is going to stay on my face for 20 days or more. shit.

if your a male grow a beard.. if your a lady just put some foundation on and blend it in..

who cares if it looks a little iffy.. no one will say anything.. and you can just say you went to a tanning salon anyhow smile.gif

#10 toner

toner

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(rockomon123 @ Jul 23 2007, 10:23 PM) View Post
yeah im hoping it'll go away completely by this weekend, so that i can be 100% presentable.. i'm going to go back to the dermatologist tomorrow to get some more post-laser cream(contains aloe vera along with some other ingredients).. but basically, i'm going to stop using hydroqounine cream until all the redness goes away as requested by my dermatologist's assistant.

if anybody has any advice on what products were good for relieving the redness, post-fraxel treatment, let me know please. thanks.

hi rock - I would NOT go to a tanning bed. My face stays red for almost 2 weeks. I'm very pale, blond hair, and I look like a major sunburn for 2 weeks. I can put mineral makeup on to minimize it, but I'm also flaky, so I look just lovely. smile.gif Oh, well, I figure it will be worth it. I just had my 7th Fraxel (1st with Fraxel II, though) last Thursday and I look hideous today. I guess we just have to hang in there!

#11 rockomon123

rockomon123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(toner @ Jul 24 2007, 07:16 PM) View Post
QUOTE(rockomon123 @ Jul 23 2007, 10:23 PM) View Post

hi rock - I would NOT go to a tanning bed. My face stays red for almost 2 weeks. I'm very pale, blond hair, and I look like a major sunburn for 2 weeks. I can put mineral makeup on to minimize it, but I'm also flaky, so I look just lovely. smile.gif Oh, well, I figure it will be worth it. I just had my 7th Fraxel (1st with Fraxel II, though) last Thursday and I look hideous today. I guess we just have to hang in there!

i guess i will just have to tell my date that i went skiing last weekend and that's why my face looks all sunburnt..

i'll most likely ask for lower settings, and resolving the redness next fraxel.. and see how that goes.. because i'd rather not be red for 2+ weeks after each fraxel.

#12 moonbase

moonbase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:16 AM

I wouldn't lower the settings man.. get everything you can our of your fraxels because in the end you'll be very happy. Short term pain, long term gain!
Comments:
No acne, nearly invisible scars, and happy as can be. Thanks to fraxel and diet. Now i'm here to help others.