Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rockomon123

4th day after fraxel: still red

12 posts in this topic

well i had my 2nd fraxel done last friday (I'm of asian descent), and it's monday, the beginning of the next week where i start work. And I'm a bit nervous...

my face is still red, and there is like a visible tan line from where the fraxel laser left off on my face.. Can I expect a full recovery soon? I really need advice on this, as i am a bit nervous that this redness is hyperpigmentation that will take months to go away... so please, i need advice.

Hi,

I'm of asian descent too, and following my last Fraxel, I've had redness/pink on my face. Its been about 20 or so days after my last Fraxel, and is noticable. I asked my doctor about it, and he said it was not hyperpigmentation, but post procedure ereythma, which is just basically post procedure redness. He remarked that it was not normal for my skin to stay this red/pink for so long after the Fraxel, and recommended me to put on hydrocortisone for a week to see if it helped the redness. I'm not able to tell you if that worked or not as of now, as I just picked up the hydrocortisone today. I think you should just wait a bit. The redness/pinkess normally lasts around 6-7 days I think.

I'm also on hydroqonine cream.. I read before on this forum that the redness after fraxel usually goes away in 3-4 days..

I just hope this redness goes away soon...

I'm also on hydroqonine cream.. I read before on this forum that the redness after fraxel usually goes away in 3-4 days..

Maggie123

1st Fraxel Treatment 6/13/07

Skin Type Fitzpatrick IV (olive/latin descent)

Light scarring and wrinkles

35mj

Level 6

10 passes

Pre-fraxel: Obagi clear (hydroquinone/AHA)

Post Fraxel: Gentle Waves, methylprednisolone, biafine

2nd Fraxel Treatment 7/16/07

40mj

Level ?

10 passes

3.3 kj

Pre-fraxel: Obagi clear (hydroquinone/AHA), antibiotics

Post Fraxel: Gentlewaves, methylprednisolone, biafine

3rd Fraxel Treatment 8/13/07

40mj

Level 6

8 passes

3.35 kj

Pre-fraxel: Obagi clear (hydroquinone/AHA)

Post Fraxel: Gentlewaves

yeah im hoping it'll go away completely by this weekend, so that i can be 100% presentable.. i'm going to go back to the dermatologist tomorrow to get some more post-laser cream(contains aloe vera along with some other ingredients).. but basically, i'm going to stop using hydroqounine cream until all the redness goes away as requested by my dermatologist's assistant.

if anybody has any advice on what products were good for relieving the redness, post-fraxel treatment, let me know please. thanks.

Maybe what you have is the secondary "bronzing"?

Hi,

I'm of asian descent too, and following my last Fraxel, I've had redness/pink on my face. Its been about 20 or so days after my last Fraxel, and is noticable. I asked my doctor about it, and he said it was not hyperpigmentation, but post procedure ereythma, which is just basically post procedure redness. He remarked that it was not normal for my skin to stay this red/pink for so long after the Fraxel, and recommended me to put on hydrocortisone for a week to see if it helped the redness. I'm not able to tell you if that worked or not as of now, as I just picked up the hydrocortisone today. I think you should just wait a bit. The redness/pinkess normally lasts around 6-7 days I think.

Hi,

yeah, i got a bad feeling this redness is going to stay on my face for 20 days or more. shit.

yeah im hoping it'll go away completely by this weekend, so that i can be 100% presentable.. i'm going to go back to the dermatologist tomorrow to get some more post-laser cream(contains aloe vera along with some other ingredients).. but basically, i'm going to stop using hydroqounine cream until all the redness goes away as requested by my dermatologist's assistant.

if anybody has any advice on what products were good for relieving the redness, post-fraxel treatment, let me know please. thanks.

hi rock - I would NOT go to a tanning bed. My face stays red for almost 2 weeks. I'm very pale, blond hair, and I look like a major sunburn for 2 weeks. I can put mineral makeup on to minimize it, but I'm also flaky, so I look just lovely. :) Oh, well, I figure it will be worth it. I just had my 7th Fraxel (1st with Fraxel II, though) last Thursday and I look hideous today. I guess we just have to hang in there!

I wouldn't lower the settings man.. get everything you can our of your fraxels because in the end you'll be very happy. Short term pain, long term gain!

Comments:

No acne, nearly invisible scars, and happy as can be. Thanks to fraxel and diet. Now i'm here to help others.