Photo

breast implants

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#41 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Ice Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(ayla @ Jul 23 2007, 01:56 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Siouxsie @ Jul 23 2007, 03:31 PM) View Post
I think it's unbelievably annoying when people say they want implants to feel more "feminine" or "sexy" or look "better" & that it has nothing to do with society/media/whatever. Where do they get the idea that bigger breasts are sexier, more feminine, and better? And how is that not insulting to smaller breasted women who have no desire for implants?
That's fine if some women want implants, but don't justify it by degrading smaller breasts.

How on earth does my wanting my breasts to return to their former glory insult you? So what if it does have something to do with the societal norms? Does that make the desire or the feelings any less real? No. It's wonderful that your happy with your breasts. Kudos. Some of us aren't, so we fix it. I fail to see why this should have any impact on your life.

I'm not talking about you. Did I say everyone who gets implants have that attitude? No. There have been more than a few posts in here that used the terms I was referring to. Yes it does affect me when people say those things & display that attitude about small breasts. It is very insulting to me.

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

#42 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(Siouxsie @ Jul 23 2007, 12:31 PM) View Post
I think it's unbelievably annoying when people say they want implants to feel more "feminine" or "sexy" or look "better" & that it has nothing to do with society/media/whatever.

Was this comment directed to me? It appears that way, since you mirrored my opening words. But I don't recall saying or even implying any of those things.
Retired from Acne.org

#43 Saphire82

Saphire82

I feel pretty...Oh so pretty...and witty...and briiiight!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:07 PM

I think it's unbelievably annoying when people say they want implants to feel more "feminine" or "sexy" or look "better" & that it has nothing to do with society/media/whatever. Where do they get the idea that bigger breasts are sexier, more feminine, and better? And how is that not insulting to smaller breasted women who have no desire for implants?
That's fine if some women want implants, but don't justify it by degrading smaller breasts.

Just because someone is not happy with their small breasts doesnt mean they are degrading small breasts in general, its a personal preference and everyone has a right to their own. I guess someone with big breasts should be insulted if someone else with big breasts said they wanted their reduced? And franky I dont have to be concerned about what anyone else thinks about their small breasts size, its up to them what they are happy with, and Im glad that there are women happy with it. I dont remember saying that women cant be happy with small breasts. The point is, I am not happy with mine and dont owe anyone an explaination either. . .but an tired of people thinking its only because of the media or society. Its human nature and has been a part of natural selection for centuries.
β€œIs it weird in here, or is it just me?”

β€œI wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.”

β€œMy roommate says, I'm going to take a shower and shave, does anyone need to use the bathroom? It's like some weird quiz where he reveals the answer first.”

"They don't know that we know they know we know.”

"I can't say hump or screw in front of the b-a-b-y... I just spelled the wrong words didn't I?"

#44 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(Siouxsie @ Jul 23 2007, 04:04 PM) View Post

How on earth does my wanting my breasts to return to their former glory insult you? So what if it does have something to do with the societal norms? Does that make the desire or the feelings any less real? No. It's wonderful that your happy with your breasts. Kudos. Some of us aren't, so we fix it. I fail to see why this should have any impact on your life.

I'm not talking about you. Did I say everyone who gets implants have that attitude? No. There have been more than a few posts in here that used the terms I was referring to. Yes it does affect me when people say those things & display that attitude about small breasts. It is very insulting to me.

Well, the reason most of us want breast augmentation of any kind is to make whatever curve we have more appealing. This is just aesthetics - and it's been going on as long as humans have existed. That's not to say more appealing to men, or lovers, or whatever. But more appealing for ourselves. No different than wearing clothing you find attractive.

It shouldn't feel insulting to you - you are internalizing someone else's emotion about their own body and projecting it onto your own.

There is nothing sexier than a woman who believes she is sexy - no matter how she looks wink.gif
It is like a reason that picks you up
And places you
Where you always wanted
To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

#45 Saphire82

Saphire82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(Siouxsie @ Jul 23 2007, 04:04 PM) View Post

If thats how these comments make you feel then you dont sound as secure about it as you say and its only your own insecurity and its now our fault. At least thats how it sounds to me. It shouldnt matter how anyone else feels or says. Theres a lot more than breast size that are an issue to people and their confidence in this world.

β€œMy roommate says, I'm going to take a shower and shave, does anyone need to use the bathroom? It's like some weird quiz where he reveals the answer first.”

"I can't say hump or screw in front of the b-a-b-y... I just spelled the wrong words didn't I?"

#46 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(ayla @ Jul 23 2007, 01:13 PM) View Post
There is nothing sexier than a woman who believes she is sexy - no matter how she looks wink.gif

ditto that.
Retired from Acne.org

#47 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Ice Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(Saphire82 @ Jul 23 2007, 02:07 PM) View Post
Its human nature and has been a part of natural selection for centuries.

Oh no not this BS. rolleyes.gif Actually it has not. The ideal breast has changed dramatically over the centuries. There have been many time periods in which very small breasts were considered ideal. It's not "natural selection", it's fashion.

I never said I was fully secure either. I said I would not want implants.
I also said it makes no difference to me if other women get them, but trying to act like you are immune from outside influences is ridiculous. I am not immune to outside influences & other people's words either.
And no, a woman getting a reduction would not be insulting to larger breasted women at all, not unless she went around saying that small breasts were better, more feminine, and sexier. Then that is rude & insulting. The same way it is stupid to act like only being really skinny is attractive. Why must everyone fit some mold to be pretty? If one woman wants bigger boobs, fine, but don't act like small boobs are inferior just cuz you don't like yours. That was the message I was getting from you. Maybe you didn't mean that, but that is how you came across.

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

#48 miss.chaNel

miss.chaNel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(Melodie @ Jul 23 2007, 10:49 AM) View Post
No offense to anyone but it's really sad that so many women are made to feel so inferior that they have to get surgery to feel beautiful! I'm 5'5, 115 lb and a 36B and my man loves me as is! Actually my guy doesn't like large boobs, he says they get in the way. It does seem most men like huge boobs and fake looking women though. Society fucks people up with the standards of what a woman should look like.

exactly what mine says too. funny though that his ex got them done RIGHT after they broke up. sideways.gif

not even you have been as much of a bitch as MsChanel.

#49 Saphire82

Saphire82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

Well, you know what...think whatever you want to think. We can go back and forth about the reasons why women want to change their breasts, whether its influenced my society or not. I didnt degrade small breasts. I dont know how I wouldve come across sounding like I was because what I was simply stating is that I myself dont feel confident with my own and because I would feel more confident if they were bigger, which is my own personal preference. And when I say bigger, its not the kind of bigger that is portrayed by the media. I am only aiming for minimal increase, like from A to B even, and I would be happy. So implants are the only way to achieve it, no matter how small or big of a change. Some people assume when someone wants implants that they are automatically aiming to achieve huge knockers. Well thats not me, and what I described what I wanted just not is not something that the media pushes either. The media doesnt portray B's as being a well endowed breast size that everyone gets implants to achieve these days. Usually they are B's or C's going larger. Well, let me tell you...Im 25 years old and I feel bad when I see even teenagers that look my age and I look there age, because I have NOTHING THERE and I dont feel good about it! Every little girl wonders when they are going to have breasts, well I wondered for too long!

Sorry if thats dramatic, but thats my feelings.

#50 r0ck_staar

r0ck_staar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:50 PM

This is kinda interesting! Well, I'm not really for or against breast augmentation, your body, do what you want. I'm a 34B, 115 lbs, 5ft 4in. and very satisfied with my perky set! Cause I'd rather not have large and saggy when I get older! wink.gif Also, on a poll on some kind of 'men' magazine, most men preferred the athletic look, as oppose to super skinny or curvy, which was a little surprising. I think elegant/feminime terms are more related to thin girls with small perky boobs. (Keira Knightly, Jessica Alba etc) And sexy/curvy is terms are used more on bustier girls. (Pam Anderson, Jessica Biel, Angelina Jolie). So it's all preference!

And to those smaller chested girls who feel a lack in self-confidence, don't fret!! Cause more guys than you'd know, say "more than a handfuls a waste!" haha. And your chances of sagging when your older are slimmer, on average. You can go braless with slinky sexy tops if you want.

And good luck to those who are going to get augmentation done, and congrats on those who have and are happier with their new boobs! biggrin.gif

OH and I forgot, don't forget to work your other assets! If you've got a sexy tush, work it!!! haha! You'd be surpised how many 'ass men' there are out there!

When you feel like you're at the end of your rope, tie a not and HANG ON!!

If you can't love me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
and while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too.

The best COLOR in the world is the one that looks good on YOU.

#51 liveyourlife

liveyourlife

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:58 PM

I have a really good friend that's in her early 60's that had breast implants when she was in her 20s, they doctor made them way too big, not even sure the size, but bigger than a D that's for sure. Now that she's older, she feels awkward that her boobs are so perky while other people her age are sagging tongue.gif Good thing surgeons are better these days and don't pick the size themselves.
Morning
- Queen Helene Oatmeal scrub
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Night
- Alba Sea Organics Cleanser
- Differin .01% Gel
- Ortho Tri-cyclen

I've been with this plan for years, keeps me mostly clear!

#52 pop politics

pop politics

i feel like i'm slipping away

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(Wynne @ Jul 23 2007, 11:36 PM) View Post
QUOTE(pop politics @ Jul 23 2007, 03:22 AM) View Post
I was recently seeing a girl who'd had her breasts augmented, apparently they weren't a good shape. They felt very real, and she claimed her confidence doubled after she got them altered. I'm not sure they were enlarged much, just brought higher up.

I don't doubt that a bit. It makes a difference when one is used to smaller tissue there. It is suddenly very feminine and one feels wonderful. At least that was my experience. Did she seem self-confident?

She had self-confidence in certain social settings, mainly when her breasts were noticable razz.gif

"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free."

-Bill Hicks

#53 LauraLee

LauraLee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Connie08 @ Jul 22 2007, 08:21 PM) View Post
I just got my boobs done a few days ago and the results are amazing. It only cost $6000. I don't regret it for one minute. I love them. I can go out and wear cute little shirts that show cleavage without a bra! Anyone else on here have implants?

Good for you Connie! Glad you are happy with them. I have had them for 2 years now. My implants are small--can't be felt. I liked my breasts before surgery and I love them now! I'd do it again in a minute. It is a very personal choice so don't let anyone's negative comments rain on your parade. eusa_dance.gif

Laura

Morning: Purpose Cleanser

Spot treatment: Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid

Night: Jojoba Oil to remove makeup. Purpose Cleanser on a Clarisonic Brush for one minute followed by Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid. I moisturize with Yes To Tomatoes Hydrating Lotion.

Twice a week: Yest to Carrots C the Difference Mask

1 Tablespoon of Carlson's Lemon flavored Fish Oil
Probiotics
1 Aleve tablet twice a day 7-10 days before monthy period-Works wonders for hormonal acne!

Paula's Choice 2% BHA is amazing! Can't be without this product!

#54 LauraLee

LauraLee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(Saphire82 @ Jul 23 2007, 02:46 PM) View Post
Well, you know what...think whatever you want to think. We can go back and forth about the reasons why women want to change their breasts, whether its influenced my society or not. I didnt degrade small breasts. I dont know how I wouldve come across sounding like I was because what I was simply stating is that I myself dont feel confident with my own and because I would feel more confident if they were bigger, which is my own personal preference. And when I say bigger, its not the kind of bigger that is portrayed by the media. I am only aiming for minimal increase, like from A to B even, and I would be happy. So implants are the only way to achieve it, no matter how small or big of a change. Some people assume when someone wants implants that they are automatically aiming to achieve huge knockers. Well thats not me, and what I described what I wanted just not is not something that the media pushes either. The media doesnt portray B's as being a well endowed breast size that everyone gets implants to achieve these days. Usually they are B's or C's going larger. Well, let me tell you...Im 25 years old and I feel bad when I see even teenagers that look my age and I look there age, because I have NOTHING THERE and I dont feel good about it! Every little girl wonders when they are going to have breasts, well I wondered for too long!

Sorry if thats dramatic, but thats my feelings.

I understand. I have implants. Didn't go for some dramatic Pam Anderson look. I went from a small B to a full C. They fit my body. I don't look like a freak. My implants are so small that they can't be felt.

It's a very personal decision to make so I would never tell anyone what to do with their body. I can only discuss my experience which has been very positive.

Laura

Morning: Purpose Cleanser

Spot treatment: Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid

Night: Jojoba Oil to remove makeup. Purpose Cleanser on a Clarisonic Brush for one minute followed by Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid. I moisturize with Yes To Tomatoes Hydrating Lotion.

Twice a week: Yest to Carrots C the Difference Mask

1 Tablespoon of Carlson's Lemon flavored Fish Oil
Probiotics
1 Aleve tablet twice a day 7-10 days before monthy period-Works wonders for hormonal acne!

Paula's Choice 2% BHA is amazing! Can't be without this product!

#55 Christina ~

Christina ~

"I reject your reality and replace it with my own"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:03 PM

sigh. i would really love it if mine could be fuller...some of you are saying the implants can be so small they can't be felt if its just a minor change. This would make me happy i think if i could do it. I am fine with the size per se, i just don't feel they are as full as i'd like them to be. How the hell i can be a D cup but not feel that they're "full" is beyond me but maybe someday if i can convince my boyfriend that it would NOT make me the antichrist to get them done i'll consider it. I would love to feel like i'm fuller up top. for certain outfits! (especially strapless stuff where i feel like if i was fuller i'd fit it better.

I wonder if they can work fullnes around a small ribcage?

anyways i ramble. but thats my 2 cents. And for the record i'm not "giving in" to a boyfriend, he's going to be my husband as while we're not engaged we have plans to do so, therefore the boobs are something he is going to have bo be comfortable with too and also the money involved in making them fuller should i choose.

-The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson

#56 Foomph

Foomph

Fitness Goo Roo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:43 PM

My fiance does NOT want me to get implants. rolleyes.gif I'm 5'4", 12lbs, A cup. I'd like to be a B. What a weirdo!
Accutane Course #1: January 2004-July 2004
Accutane Course #2: December 1st 2006-April 29th 2007

#57 prettyacnegirl

prettyacnegirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(LionQueen @ Jul 23 2007, 03:59 PM) View Post
eusa_clap.gif

I find it unbelievably annoying when people go on anti-cosmetic surgery rants. Seems a very simple issue to me: if you don't approve of breast implants, by all means don't get them. But don't presume that you can get inside the head of someone who wants them ..... and please, spare us the sermon ..... we can think for ourselves.

perfectly stated girl wink.gif
AM : Cetyphil gentle cleanser, Skinceuticals phyto +, Eucerin extra protective moisture lotion SPF 30

PM : Cetyphil genter cleanser, Skinceuticals phyto +, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for combination skin, 20 minutes blue enlux LED'S , 15 minutes enlux red LED, then apply retin-a micro .04%

#58 Mortally

Mortally

Your feelings of terror only prove your inferiority.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:25 AM

I'm not a fan of implants personally. tongue.gif As long as they aren't the size of watermelons, I can deal with it.

QUOTE(Foomph @ Jul 24 2007, 12:43 AM) View Post
I'm 5'4", 12lbs, A cup.

12 pounds. Really now.. eusa_eh.gif

But the A = ownage. wub.gif

"Blood and gore rained down from the sky. An age of carnage was dawning ... its about time things got interesting"

tims a retard :D

1/2 of the Wierd Metal Guys at the .Org Highschool

Calibos: "PRESENTING SUPER GOD!!!! in todays adventure, there is an orphange burning down, but god gave them free will, so they deserve to die, so he wont save them....."

#59 Foomph

Foomph

Fitness Goo Roo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:48 PM

lol! I meant 120lbs. razz.gif
Accutane Course #1: January 2004-July 2004
Accutane Course #2: December 1st 2006-April 29th 2007

#60 stillhere

stillhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:05 PM

I actually went in for a consultation once but chickened out. I didn't want to go into so much debt for one and was afraid I would look weird. I still might do it one day.

One thing I like about the PS I saw, who specialized in breasts, lol, btw. He actually reduces nipples while he is doing it to remove tissue, reduce the nipple size and give the breasts more lift.

I don't want to critisize, but too large of nipples plus the big boobs is almost scary lookin to me. shock.gif

I was also concerned that at my height : 5'4" and around 135 lbs presently, it might make me look curvy or heavier.

However, if I had 6000.00 handy, I would do it....
"We are only as happy as we allow ourselves to be"