5 replies to this topic

#1 Life101

Life101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

Hey,

So I've been reading these boards for a while but finally decided to join! I've been on the DKR for almost a month now and I want to start using some sort of lactic acid. I know the difference between these 2 products is that Lac-Hydrin Five has 5% lactic acid while the other has 12% lactic acid but which one is better for the face. Would Amlactin be too harsh (even though my skin is not very sensitive)?

And a separate moisterizer would not be needed, right?

#2 cool as kim deal

cool as kim deal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

I think AmLactin would probably be too harsh, that lotion is more used for extra dry body skin. Lots of people use LH5 without problems, though, and they use it as a standalone moisturizer. If you wanted something stronger than 5% lactic acid, but not as strong as 12%, I recommend Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, which has about 8% glycolic acid and also works as a standalone moisturizer.
Keeping me clear, morning and night: Acne.org Cleanser, Acne.org Jojoba Oil after cleansing but before BP all over face, 1 1/2 pumps of Acne.org benzoyl peroxide, Acne.org moisturizer (morning only), Banana Boat Baby Sunblock SPF 50 (morning only), JASON 5000 IU Vitamin E Revitalizing Moisturizing Cream around eyes only, Acne.org AHA+ Acne.org Salicylic Acid+ beta version (night only)<br />
<br />
My advice for Acne.org Regimen beginners - Using jojoba oil as a mask/scrub to remove flakes and moisturize dry skin - Summary of exfoliation methods to try with the regimen<br />
<br />
Not here as often anymore, so for the timeliest advice, post your questions on the forums for the whole community to help out with rather than contacting me directly :)

#3 Life101

Life101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:22 PM

If I don't use a moisturizer at night would you recommend using glycolic acid with a moisturizer or just 8% glycolic acid such as Walgreens Nature's Finest Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream?

Cool as kim deal, do you think just glycolic acid is more effective than GA with a moisturizer?

#4 Life101

Life101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:49 PM

Also, does anyone use Lac-hydrin five in the morning and glycolic acid at night?

I'm not saying right away with the Regimen but once you've been using the full dose of BP and also not starting both products together but introducing one variable at a time into the Regimen. So, maybe using just glycolic acid once a day for some time (and if you react fine to it) and then also using Lac-hydrin 5 the other time of day.

What you guys think about this?

#5 cool as kim deal

cool as kim deal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:10 PM

I think that using an AHA product, no matter whether it's glycolic or lactic acid, is easier and nicer on your skin in the form of a decently moisturizing lotion like LH5 or NHSFL. I bet the Walgreen's Finest is pretty nice too, sounds thick. I believe -lxl-, unless I'm mistaken, used to use LH5 in the morning and NHSFL at night, though it might be the other way around. I think this is a little much and you don't really need to use AHA twice a day and it can even make flaking worse from overexfoliation, but you can try it if you like.
Keeping me clear, morning and night: Acne.org Cleanser, Acne.org Jojoba Oil after cleansing but before BP all over face, 1 1/2 pumps of Acne.org benzoyl peroxide, Acne.org moisturizer (morning only), Banana Boat Baby Sunblock SPF 50 (morning only), JASON 5000 IU Vitamin E Revitalizing Moisturizing Cream around eyes only, Acne.org AHA+ Acne.org Salicylic Acid+ beta version (night only)<br />
<br />
My advice for Acne.org Regimen beginners - Using jojoba oil as a mask/scrub to remove flakes and moisturize dry skin - Summary of exfoliation methods to try with the regimen<br />
<br />
Not here as often anymore, so for the timeliest advice, post your questions on the forums for the whole community to help out with rather than contacting me directly :)

#6 Life101

Life101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for the replying!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users