Photo

What does acne on different parts of the face mean?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:29 PM

About 2 years ago, my main battle was acne on my cheeks, and chin, it never went away! As I've grown older, my acne went away from my chin, and lower parts of my cheeks, and "migrated" to my forehead, and around my nose.

I remember hearing that the chin area deals with hormonal acne, and around the nose area/forehead deals with intestinal issues?

It's odd, because I never get acne where the hair grows on my face, never! I could rub it a billion times or pick at it, never. It's always dry and nice. But around my nose, it get bumpy, and only near the nose (that skin area) is where i get red bumps, but never beyond that line. It's on a leash or something. And also on my forehead, right near the center.

How is your acne like? And getting in certain areas, what does that mean?

#2 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

well I used to only have it on my forhead and chin. Then it became my cheeks and then the sides of my face and everywhere on my face there could be acne. Any spot on my face you could think of. But I don't know what that means.

#3 Cyph31

Cyph31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:18 PM

someone a while back posted a chinese facial map depicting various facial areas and the organs/parts of the body associated with each area

google it ?

as for me if i get acne above my nose line it's inflammatory, if i get near my mouth or below my nose line it's strictly hormonal

#4 pimpmypimple

pimpmypimple

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:18 PM

my acne is mainly on my chin/bottom face area, never on my cheeks or forehead or nose,just the rare pimple.
i have had acne on the bottom of my face for like 3/4 years and within this year it has gotten slightly worse

#5 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:23 PM

pretty much anywhere except my forehead stays relatively clear most of the time except for one or two zits here and there. I really dont think its all that significant.

#6 ami24

ami24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

Here's the diagram I think you were referring to Romeo:

http://www.marysherb...l/heal-f-rP.htm

#7 Cyph31

Cyph31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:52 PM

lol my liver and intestines are screwed

at least my reproductive area is healthy

#8 JR86

JR86

I've gotta go, i cut my foot earlier and my shoe is filling

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(NdnRomeo @ Jul 15 2007, 02:29 PM) View Post
About 2 years ago, my main battle was acne on my cheeks, and chin, it never went away! As I've grown older, my acne went away from my chin, and lower parts of my cheeks, and "migrated" to my forehead, and around my nose.

I remember hearing that the chin area deals with hormonal acne, and around the nose area/forehead deals with intestinal issues?

It's odd, because I never get acne where the hair grows on my face, never! I could rub it a billion times or pick at it, never. It's always dry and nice. But around my nose, it get bumpy, and only near the nose (that skin area) is where i get red bumps, but never beyond that line. It's on a leash or something. And also on my forehead, right near the center.

How is your acne like? And getting in certain areas, what does that mean?

i think there is a normal progression of the disease to different areas of the face. for me it started on my nose and forehead, then that cleared up and it moved to my cheek and jawline, and the last place it was for me before it cleared was my chin.

#9 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(ami24 @ Jul 15 2007, 03:40 PM) View Post

Thank you for that, I get it right in the blue area too. I get it above the eyebrows and then on the sides of the nose area. Hm, it just smells like I need to cleanse my liver. But how, I'm so young too.

#10 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:57 PM

Mine is mostly on my chin and I have lots of blackheads on my nose. My forehead was clear and now Im getting some pimples there to. I have no idea what any of that means. If I had known what it means, my acne wouldve been cured a looooooooooooooooooooooong time ago
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#11 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:00 PM

This acne is bullshit!

/rant

#12 j-boy

j-boy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:06 PM

mine is mostly in under the jaw.. neckline part and i hate it.. really really hate it when i get it there......

?..when..?

#13 heymikey

heymikey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(ami24 @ Jul 15 2007, 02:40 PM) View Post

Is there a male version of that diagram? I have cysts on my chin and I don't have any ovaries inside me (just a penis and a couple of testicles, thank you).

#14 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE(heymikey @ Jul 16 2007, 01:51 AM) View Post
QUOTE(ami24 @ Jul 15 2007, 02:40 PM) View Post

Is there a male version of that diagram? I have cysts on my chin and I don't have any ovaries inside me (just a penis and a couple of testicles, thank you).

Male hormones (androgens) affect women so much, an excess of them will also affect men as well. There are hormonal treatments for men. Men can use spiro. I've read on these boards about Propecia helping also in acne. There are other treatments.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#15 Ashley Sara

Ashley Sara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

when i was younger i would get acne on my forehead then it progressed to cheeks and now that im on accutane im breaking out of my chin i guess maybe cuz i just had my period. but my acne always changes spotss. weiird
hahaha

:]

#16 Lancome

Lancome

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

what a stupid theory.

Anyway, I get acne on my forehead that clears up easily, therefore my forehead is clear.

I also get it on my nose and the skin right under my nose, which is the worst problem area. It's not noticable, but it's very stubborn little bumps that don't go away! I've had a bumpy nose since I was 8.

Last but not least, my chin. Not all around, but the indent, where if you touch you would be touching your gums/roots of your teeth. These are tiny white colored pores that squeeze out easily to some extent.
T-Zone Acne Prone

#17 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(NdnRomeo @ Jul 15 2007, 01:29 PM) View Post

Not necessarily. Cysts caused by my allergy appeared on my chin, jaw and neck. Also, when you first get it in early teens it tends to be on the forehead first.

QUOTE(j-boy @ Jul 16 2007, 12:06 AM) View Post
mine is mostly in under the jaw.. neckline part and i hate it.. really really hate it when i get it there......

That's where I breakout from my allergy to oranges.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#18 jkom

jkom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:08 PM

First it was my forehead and nose, then my chin and other various places. I rarely ever get anything on the sides of my face. When using BP, the only areas I really have to worry about are my chin and the fronts of my cheeks (lung area in that photo).
AM:DKR Cleanser, minimal Alpha Hydrox AHA w/ Jojoba oil (2 drops)
PM (Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun):DKR Cleanser, 15 min., DKR BP, Cetaphil lotion/Alpha Hydrox AHA (1:5) Jojoba oil (5 drops)

PM (MWF): Use AM routine.

Supplements:
AM: fish oil x 2, calcium+vit D, aloe vera gel capsule
PM: fish oil x 2, zinc (30 mg), B-50 complex, garlic capsule, vit D, flaxseed oil
Diet:Fairly strict. Lots of fruits and vegetables, chicken, turkey, sometimes beef, nuts, oats and whole grain stuff for fiber. I ONLY drink water.

unless I mess with my routine.

#19 Scar_Tissue

Scar_Tissue

Now if you let me, you won't regret me

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

I always would have it so bad on my forehead and my cheeks were so lovely and now i have 3 pimples on the side of the bottom of my cheek im like grrr

#20 bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

My uteris and ovaries are killing me..