This topic is archived.
300 replies to this topic

#21 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:27 AM

nova scotia canada.....and its day 26 and all is well....nothing new....have a good day

#22 livelaughlove

livelaughlove

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:10 PM

Hey tammy, great to hear everything is going well, it seems like your treatment is going somewhat like mine. Nothing new, nothing better, no bad side effects. Keep me posted!

#23 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:39 AM

ok day 27....two popped up this morning...am i happy...no...but my chin has pretty much healed...so thats a good thing.....my nose is really starting to dry...but othe than that....alls the same....
tammy

#24 Patchy

Patchy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

Hey tammy,

Your course seems to be goin well....bit like mine really. My face has improved alittle from two days ago and the redness has subsided somewhat....still have little hard lumps under te skin which hope don't come to the surface.

I know for sure now that accutane can alter your mood...i play alot of poker on the net and today had a really bad day and lost quite abit...i got really furious by throwing my laptop across the room and almost started to cry!!! usually i wouldn't relly care to much and just get on with the day but i have been snapping at family members....i gonna take it easy for awhile cuz they don't deserve that.

I have noticed that my skin is repairing much quicker being on accutane...spots are going away in about 5 days and wud usually take 2 weeks.

TC

Nick

#25 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

mood swings...oh no!! hope you didnt lose much....ovverall i think im happy...a few spots left...but like you said, they heal pretty good and the red is pretty much going away....
have you noticed any other change in color in your face? i noticed on my cheeks that i have brown patches(maybe cause im tanned) but never noticed them before? but ive never burned when im in the sun or never got any redness except my chin? wonder what it could be? frig knows!!
good luck with the poker....hope your mood changes for your family specially...lol
take care...
tammy

#26 Patchy

Patchy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:02 AM

hey tammy,

during the first couple of weeks my face became increasingly red and felt like it was sun burnt, but since that my face has calmed down and is less red....i think it still is slightly redder than when i first started but this is can be a side effect that lasts for the whole course....i wud rather have a slighlty red face than a spoty face.

Big improvement for me over the course of two days....lumps have reduced in size and redness is subsiding...just hope things keep on improving from here on...I think i am two days behind u.

How long are you taking accutane and what is your end cumulative dose?

TC

Nick

#27 WalkTheWire

WalkTheWire

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:37 AM

Hi Tammy!

Best of luck with your course! If have any questions, be sure to check out my Accutane Log, and feel free to send me a PM. smile.gif

#28 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:59 PM

thanks and i will defintely drop by your log......

#29 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(Patchy @ Jul 27 2007, 05:02 AM) View Post
hey tammy,

during the first couple of weeks my face became increasingly red and felt like it was sun burnt, but since that my face has calmed down and is less red....i think it still is slightly redder than when i first started but this is can be a side effect that lasts for the whole course....i wud rather have a slighlty red face than a spoty face.

Big improvement for me over the course of two days....lumps have reduced in size and redness is subsiding...just hope things keep on improving from here on...I think i am two days behind u.

How long are you taking accutane and what is your end cumulative dose?

TC

Nick

im on a four month course...starting wiht 40mg but as of sunday going to 60mg..i really im not going to break out bad again...that scares me....the end dose..i really have no idea....what should it be?
i can feel a couple coming under the skin on my chin again....i hope that they dont come out...its just starting to calm down now and i dont want to go through that again....
yeah mine never turned red....but just noticed the brown spots..strange.....ill ask the derm next time....
sounds like your doing better..it takes so long for these lumps to go down eh! and being in the natural light just doesnt make it any better...or any mirror for that matter....lol
tomorrow is day 30 for me....one month down and 3 more to go!!!woohoo bring it on!

#30 Kellsbells

Kellsbells

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:54 AM

Hi Tammy

Sounds like you are doing really well. eusa_dance.gif
One month down...Congrats!
Keep improving x

#31 Patchy

Patchy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:35 AM

Hey tammy,

The minimum total cumulative dose associated with long term, permanent remission is 120mg/kg - 150mg/kg

I weigh about 65kg, so my cumulative dose will be between 7800 - 9750 , Probably on the lower side because my acne isn't severe.

My skin has improved so much in last 3 days. Went out last night and it is prolly the first time in 3 years where i actually enjoyed myself and was more confident....was abit naughty and had quite abit to drink but won't be doing it again eusa_snooty.gif lol

just hope it keeps clearing and the redness goes. I know the lumps u are talking about...they aren't red or sore but can see them in bright light and if u tighten ur face skin they stick out relly bad...I doubt u will break out bad from increasing ur dose by 20mg, but if it happens...it happens, just look on the bright side....u will be clear in no time.

TC

Nick

#32 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

day 29..thought i was on day 30..oops..still a couple on my chin that wont frig off...lol yeah the ones that you see when youre out in the natural like..they suck...and do hurt......
i find that my nose is dry....inside my nose!! weird eh.....right now im off to a bbq with my hubbys work and the last thing i want is to go.....blah
other than the couple that wont go away all is well.....i notice that the blackheads on my nose are making there way out...gross but oh well!!
take care
tammy

QUOTE(Kellsbells @ Jul 28 2007, 02:54 AM) View Post
Hi Tammy

Sounds like you are doing really well. eusa_dance.gif
One month down...Congrats!
Keep improving x

thanks kell...good luck with you too...!!
tammy

#33 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

ok today is day 30..i made it a month already!! you know if i knew i wasnt going to have any bad side effects i would have done this years ago....people talking me out of it all these years..argh!!still improving a bit...the one that popped up yesterday was hurting so bad, and its already gone down a bit...them buggers hurt!! face is a bit more dry than ususal...lips are dry...nothing really new...
up to 60mg tomorrow...im kinda scared...lol
take care

#34 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

month 2 today!!! up to 60mg.....i hope there is no more breakouts like the first one..that was nasty and painful...i did notice that the blackheads on my nose are out of control!! just crazy..but i guess thats good as there coming out....
other than that, the same dry lips and my nose is very dry inside....and my chin especially where my zits are all healing.....but i can handle that!!
anyone experiencing headaches? ive had one migraine and a nother nasty headache last night...could it be related?
take care
tammy

#35 Patchy

Patchy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:17 PM

Hey tammy,

Our courses are so similar...every time i read ur posts, it basically describes what i am goin through. Blackheads were very visable about 3 days ago but these seem to be goin away now. I am also getting dry flakey skin around my chin and mouth area where old spots are drying out. In the past week i have noticed a few headaches also but they are deffinatley not migraines...they only last about 5 mins. You should tell ur doc/derm about these when you visit next or if they get really bad make an appointment.

Overall my skin is looking pretty good...just red marks now really and a few small active one's. Hope you don't get another breakout from ur upped dose.

TC

Nick

#36 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

hey nic, our courses do sound real similar eh! yeah everything seems to be healing ok for now....fingers crossed and we'll see what happens next..
ill keep track of my headaches and tell the derm....i dont see her for another week and a half...
take care.
tammy

#37 Tripp

Tripp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:11 PM

Hey Tammy,

Isn't that weird about the nose blackheads? I wonder why that happens. Hopefully they'll go away soon! My nose is also really dry. I had my first nosebleed last week, nothing major though. All part of the game, I guess! smile.gif

Be well,

Tripp

#38 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:05 PM

daya 32...i am so tired today i need a kick in the ass to move me....could it be from the upper in dosage....other than that, nothing really new....chin is improving...much better.....nose is kinda flakey and blackheads still making there way out...gross!! and my nose is still dry inside...im waiting for a nosebleed....other than that all is well i guess.
take care

#39 tammy 36

tammy 36

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:07 AM

day 33, all is well....no new changes....does anyone know how long it takes for the accutane to leave your system once you finish?
bloodwork tomorrow..yuck!! other than that, everything is the same for now
have a good day

#40 Patchy

Patchy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

Hey Tammy,

Over the last 2 days i have had the biggest breakout ever around my neck and jawline.....like 5+ big red lumps and whitheads around my neck cry.gif just wen things were moving on nicely....oh well, nothing i can do about it.

I heard that accutane stays in your system a few weeks after stopping but i am not to sure the exact amount of time...prolly around a month. Dry lips and skin goes away a week or so after stopping i thinkk.

Hope your skin keeps on improving....have you noticed any difference from upping your does? side effetcs still the same?

TC

Nick