Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tammy 36 accutane log

55 posts in this topic

right now im on day 13...and my chin has erupted so bad, i feel like i got smacked in the face with a ball bat....ive prepared myself for the worst..and this is bad i think.....but if in the end my face is clear, than it is all worth it!!

no real side effects except that of course... lips started to get dry around day 3... face is a bit dry, but not drying as fast as i thought it would..still pretty oily to me....i noticed to that my scalp has been so itchy too..and my ezema has broken out on my thumb...could this be from the drying effects? anyone else have this problem.... im finding it hard cause im a hairstylist...im in the mirror all day..so it sucks and all is see is my big ol zits flaring at me...haha

can anyone recommend a cleanser and moisturizer to me? right now im using

40mg accutane with brekkie

cetaphil cleanser in morning and night

lubriderm for sensitive skin

other than that , im pretty much scared to use anything else....

have a great day all.....

tammy

hey tammy,

I'm about 2 weeks in aswel and my skin has been improving day by day. I am using simple moisturizer and vasaline for my lips, seems to be doing the job although my skin isn't really that dry, just wen i get out of the shower, my lips are alittle cracked but nothing that relly bothers me becuase i have always had quite dry lips.

GL with the rest of ur course

Nick

thanks nic.... right now, i think my chin has exploded!! im on day 17 i think...and it seems like when one goes away, two more come.....and i know, thats is worse in the beginning....but man, its hard....

good luck nic with your treatment....

keep your head up

day 20...not much has changed....chin is still breaking out really bad...dermatologist said the first month is the hardest....its so discouraging!! starting to dry more on my face....noticed too on my arms and scalp still....other than that, still no real bad side effects....dry lips i guess....i hope there is only going to be this one bad breakout(keeping fingers crossed)....dermatologist is upping my dosage next week to 60mg...i hope more of a breakout doesnt come along with it..

thats about all i guess.....good luck everyone

day 21...things are really drying up not so sore today....good sugn i guess it is!!!hopefully the ib is over....i found a cleanser that really makes your skin feel good...aveeno calming cleanser...nice stuff. i found that cetaphil really make my skin tight....

good luck all

hey tammy,

Your slighlty ahead of me, just a few days in it. I have had an awfull outbreak about 3 days ago...big red painfull lumps around my mouth and some on neck =( i knew the clear skin to start off with wudn't last....just hope that it doesn't get worse.

I only started noticing the dryness about 5 days ago..especially my lips. The reason why we get this IB is because our bodies respond to the dryness by producing excess oil and this causes more sppots...but this IB passes once you have taken enough accutane to shrink the sebaceous glands.

I hope this is the end of ur breakout,

GL

Nick

hey tammy,

Your slighlty ahead of me, just a few days in it. I have had an awfull outbreak about 3 days ago...big red painfull lumps around my mouth and some on neck =( i knew the clear skin to start off with wudn't last....just hope that it doesn't get worse.

I only started noticing the dryness about 5 days ago..especially my lips. The reason why we get this IB is because our bodies respond to the dryness by producing excess oil and this causes more sppots...but this IB passes once you have taken enough accutane to shrink the sebaceous glands.

I hope this is the end of ur breakout,

GL

Nick

hey nick....the breakouts suck to say the least....so red and huge!!! really starting to dry out on my chin...i hope it clears soon.....but still have 3 quite large ones on my chin...and they stand out like a sore frickin thumb!! have you noticed any difference in your hair nick? mine has become dry and i seem to be losing a bit more than usual....

how many days are you into now nick? if you dont mind id like to keep on track with you and compare notes.....

tammy

Yea sure tammy,

I have short thick hair and b4 taking accutane i ran my fingers through my hair to see how many hairs i shed between my fingers.....came to about 2 on average....its a good little test to see if u are shedding more than wen u started. I have noticed my scalp is getting alot more dry and flaky...if it gets relly bad i heard head and shoulders does the trick =)

I am on day 20 (40mg) now and have about 5 large red lumps around my mouth...there not relly that painfull tho. I'm lucky in that i have minor side effects: slightly dry lips, skin and head but that seems to be it.

I am not doing a log of my own so i will check up on urs to see how ur doing and can compare results/side effects etc.

GL TAMMY

Nick

Yea sure tammy,

I have short thick hair and b4 taking accutane i ran my fingers through my hair to see how many hairs i shed between my fingers.....came to about 2 on average....its a good little test to see if u are shedding more than wen u started. I have noticed my scalp is getting alot more dry and flaky...if it gets relly bad i heard head and shoulders does the trick =)

I am on day 20 (40mg) now and have about 5 large red lumps around my mouth...there not relly that painfull tho. I'm lucky in that i have minor side effects: slightly dry lips, skin and head but that seems to be it.

I am not doing a log of my own so i will check up on urs to see how ur doing and can compare results/side effects etc.

GL TAMMY

Nick

thanks nick.....

today is day 22...its a good day...no new pimples, and i still have 3 that dont seem to be budging at all, but at least theyre not sore anymore....

meeting up with some old high school friends and im really nervous about my face....ill keep my head down..lol

yeah i have pretty minor side effects too....question...im going up to 60mg next prescription, so do you think ill have another major breakout, or is it usually just the one?

take care nick

Tammy,

My red spots have calmed down alittle now but every morning when i wake up each spot is dry with big flakes and around the spot even tho i put loads of moisturizer on b4 i go to bed...must be kicking in now.

I think some people can have a breakout wen they increase dose but i doubt it would be as bad as the IB. From 40mg to 60mg wont make much difference...U gotta remember that all ppl respond differently but i tink u will be fine.

I'm interested to know how severe ur acne actually is: cystic, back, chest ?

Good luck

Nick

hey nick...it is cystic mainly on my chin....i do get the odd one on my face or forehead though....mostly going down but one...boy what a bugger it is.....sore isnt the word for it....went out last night for a reunion and it pretty much ruined my night....shyed away from people and pics....it just plain sucks that it takes over youre life like that......but people dont understand that...i noticed that my arms are drying quite bad now....like ezcema in s pots.....

take care

tammy

The only ppl who understand are the ones who have acne. I myself avoid bright lights and crowds and find it hard to look ppl in their eyes...and its always on my mind...i mean ALWAYS!!!

Some people are different...like my bro is 21 and has worse acne than me but he doesn't seem to bothered by it...he hasn't tried anything to make it better....i think its more of a psychological thing than anything.

How old are u tammy? and r u male/female?

keep in touch

i am 36 and female... two of my older brothers had acne but seemed to have outgrown it....me, nah i gotta be difficult...things are improving as the day goes on though...too funny though, i had a couple friends over today and i did all i could to hide my chin....they told me i was nuts, but hey, what do ya do when youre insecure..right? my arms seem to be real dry though..is that normal?

take care

yea that is normal....i also have quite dry arms and hands but they aren't peeling or flaking, i just put moisturizer on them and they seem to be fine...i have noticed my eyes are drying out quite abit now but it doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable

The big red lumps i had are really calming down now but there are still afew bumps under the skin which aren't red or painful, just hope these don't come out. Overall my skin is looking not so bad and hope thats my IB over.

Side effects still the same, i do get the odd headache once in awhile, very minor and prolly not even related to accutane

TC

Nick

sounds like your doing ok...im really hoping this is the end of the breakout too......what are you using for dryness?

take care

Hey, I hope you don't get another breakout. I noticed up there you wanted some cleanser suggestions.... I use this one called Pangea Organics Blood Orange and Calendula cleanser and it works really well. It's very mild on me, and I'm on Accutane as well, but it leaves my face feeling really refreshed. Whenever I used to use Cetaphil, I hated that light moisturizing film that the cleanser left behind. Well good luck hon!

Don't need a reason to

Do the things that I do

No need to impress you

Just wanna undress you

I really love your shoes

You still kick Kangaroos

And the way you comb your hair

Like it's 1982

Hey, I hope you don't get another breakout. I noticed up there you wanted some cleanser suggestions.... I use this one called Pangea Organics Blood Orange and Calendula cleanser and it works really well. It's very mild on me, and I'm on Accutane as well, but it leaves my face feeling really refreshed. Whenever I used to use Cetaphil, I hated that light moisturizing film that the cleanser left behind. Well good luck hon!

thanks for your suggestion with the cleanser.....good luck with your treatment as well

Hey tammy,

I use summat called simple moisturizer for my face and arms....vasaline for my lips. They seem to work for me. I have heard that cetaphil products are good but havn't seen them over here.

Make sure u put on sun screen/block whenever u leave the house. I was about 5 days into my course and went out to play football for about 2 hours and it was raining all the time i was out. The next morning i woke up i was bright red and sore....i was so burnt and didn't know wat caused it lol....but apparently the rays still get through the clouds and being on accutane makes ur skin so sensitive....i learnt my lesson and put on spf 50 every time i go out...i rub it in real well cuz its like thick cheese :angel:

It really doesn't feel like i am taking accutane...i feel totally normal except for slightly cracked lips...i was expecting sum real shitty side effects but hopefully i am the lucky 1, fingers cross.

Anywayz...keep me updated on ur progress...good luck

TC

Nick

day 25....its all good!! two small cysts left on my cin..the others are healing great...bit dry but great otherwise...

i do go out in the sun...i crave sunshine!!!! i use spf 30 and havent had any problem.....

where are you from nick?

England :)

Summer ATM and floods all over country hehehe....i don't mind so much tho.

Where are u from?

Hey tammy, great to hear everything is going well, it seems like your treatment is going somewhat like mine. Nothing new, nothing better, no bad side effects. Keep me posted!

Accutane Regimen

-cetaphil wash

-CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

-Benzaclin at night

-Aquaphor all day long

Round 1

1st month-40 mg

2nd month-40 mg

3rd month-40 mg

4th month-60 mg

5th month-60 mg

Round 2

1st month-60 mg

Accutane log

ok day 27....two popped up this morning...am i happy...no...but my chin has pretty much healed...so thats a good thing.....my nose is really starting to dry...but othe than that....alls the same....

tammy

Hey tammy,

Your course seems to be goin well....bit like mine really. My face has improved alittle from two days ago and the redness has subsided somewhat....still have little hard lumps under te skin which hope don't come to the surface.

I know for sure now that accutane can alter your mood...i play alot of poker on the net and today had a really bad day and lost quite abit...i got really furious by throwing my laptop across the room and almost started to cry!!! usually i wouldn't relly care to much and just get on with the day but i have been snapping at family members....i gonna take it easy for awhile cuz they don't deserve that.

I have noticed that my skin is repairing much quicker being on accutane...spots are going away in about 5 days and wud usually take 2 weeks.

TC

Nick

mood swings...oh no!! hope you didnt lose much....ovverall i think im happy...a few spots left...but like you said, they heal pretty good and the red is pretty much going away....

have you noticed any other change in color in your face? i noticed on my cheeks that i have brown patches(maybe cause im tanned) but never noticed them before? but ive never burned when im in the sun or never got any redness except my chin? wonder what it could be? frig knows!!

good luck with the poker....hope your mood changes for your family specially...lol

take care...

tammy