Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Friend came from Eastern Europe to USA with clear skin. Month later - SEVERE ACNE

32 posts in this topic

Yeah, in some people casein and gluten and possibly other grains cause weird changes in your serotonin and dopamine levels. These effects can be as strong as any prescription or many illegal drugs. This is why some people are physically addicted to grains and dairy. You actually get real withdrawal symptoms.

The theory is that these mental changes are caused by gluten and casein molecules leaking into your bloodstream through a leaky gut.

OMG Healthoid! No wonder I have a such a hard time quiting gluten products. I like get up in middle of nights and all I can think of is eating bread or anything with gluten. Like its cocaine or something. My name is dancedd and I am a gluten addict! When u mentioned the analogy with prescription drugs. It all made sense to me. Well I'll keep trying to avoid them. lol

Gone out of the country July 5th to August 5th

Finally Clear! < Click link for regimen

People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.

Yeah, in some people casein and gluten and possibly other grains cause weird changes in your serotonin and dopamine levels. These effects can be as strong as any prescription or many illegal drugs. This is why some people are physically addicted to grains and dairy. You actually get real withdrawal symptoms.

The theory is that these mental changes are caused by gluten and casein molecules leaking into your bloodstream through a leaky gut.

OMG Healthoid! No wonder I have a such a hard time quiting gluten products. I like get up in middle of nights and all I can think of is eating bread or anything with gluten. Like its cocaine or something. My name is dancedd and I am a gluten addict! When u mentioned the analogy with prescription drugs. It all made sense to me. Well I'll keep trying to avoid them. lol

I am not scientist, but the reason european dairy is healthier than american dairy is because cows in america produce LECTINS while cows in europe do not produce lectins. It is a complex process but google it and you will see how dangerous dietary lectins are...

Could be a vitamin D issue. Maybe she is spending less time outside. If it's exactly the same, consider...Most glass windows in buildings and cars in the US are treated now to prevent all of the beneficial light rays from coming in. So you won't get vitamin D from sitting behind most glass in the US.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

GreenGables

Same thing happened to me. For me it was sugar, cheese and cold weather that US foods are filled with that destroyed my face. The worst part was didn't know where to get a dermatologist.

Same thing happened to me. For me it was sugar, cheese and cold weather that US foods are filled with that destroyed my face. The worst part was didn't know where to get a dermatologist.

The little zits under the surface of the skin could be from a food allergy, but not sure about the inflammed zits. Maybe she developed an allergy to food additives or even to soy ingredients that are found in much more foods in the US than in Europe. My guess is that there are various factors at play, food sensitivity being one of them. The other factor might be the quality of the water she washes her face with (not just drinking water, tap water too). Not all cities in the US have bad water, and not all cities in Europe have clean tap water. It depends. But I would suggest she tries washing her face with bottled spring water or deionized water (make sure it's pure, no additives) for a week or two to see if she notices a difference. Maybe the water in the US has upset the PH balance of her skin because it's different than the type of water her skin was used to back in Europe.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**