#1 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:35 AM

I'm going to be having a laparascopic surgery done in a couple days, and I've been wondering: does anyone have any experience with being put under and noticing an effect on their skin? I would think the drugs aren't good for your body. I know this isn't a major issue for most people, but it'd be interesting to see what happens. I'll let you all know if I see any changes.
Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements
- 50,000 IU Vitamin D once a week
- 250 - 500mgs calcium citrate per day
- 1,000mgs Vitamin C per day

General Dietary Principles
- Only consume manually pressed/organic oils and fats to avoid pesticides and hexane
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners
- Avoid hydrogenated oils
- Snack frequently (important!)
- Include high fiber foods like beans (chili yum!), trail mix (good for the frequent snacks), and raw veggies (also good as a snack with ranch dressing).
- Make sure I get enough sodium chloride (salt) throughout the day (good sources include ranch dressing (yummy with the raw veggies), chili, and pickles.

#2 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:36 AM

No effect whatsover. Most drugs for general anesthesia wear off very quickly. They exert more of an effect on the central nervous system but not on the skin. You might have some slight local irritation where the IV was, but that's about it.

After you wake up, make sure there is someone to drive you home. Take it easy for several hours. Also make absolutely sure you don't have any extended effects before you try to drive the next day. Some people are affected more than others. Drink a lot of water too! smile.gif

I hope it goes very well for you and nothing bad is found!

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#3 Cyph31

Cyph31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

since you will probably be on prescription painkillers afterwards you will be too high to care about acne

#4 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:43 AM

lol...It's just an outpatient procedure, laparascopic, so very minimally invasive as they say. I may need some pain killers, probably not more than ibuprofen. That's what they told me anyway.
Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements
- 50,000 IU Vitamin D once a week
- 250 - 500mgs calcium citrate per day
- 1,000mgs Vitamin C per day

General Dietary Principles
- Only consume manually pressed/organic oils and fats to avoid pesticides and hexane
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners
- Avoid hydrogenated oils
- Snack frequently (important!)
- Include high fiber foods like beans (chili yum!), trail mix (good for the frequent snacks), and raw veggies (also good as a snack with ranch dressing).
- Make sure I get enough sodium chloride (salt) throughout the day (good sources include ranch dressing (yummy with the raw veggies), chili, and pickles.

#5 novembershadow

novembershadow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:57 AM

I had major surgery about 2 months ago and my skin was no worse than usual after...and I was on an epidural block and loads of painkillers, anticoagulants, etc. actually my skin got better after my surgery, though I broke out a bit while in the hospital because I basically couldn't wash my face properly for 5 days...but i wasn't nearly as bad as I was anticipating. so no, I don't think anasthesia itself will have any negative impact on your skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users