Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can any1 tell me where i can buy a good dermaroller?

59 posts in this topic

im interested in using the dermaroller so can any1 tell me where i can buy a good one from?/? at what price? please reply

Hi Sad - I'm sorry you're sad :(

I left a post earlier about clearskincare and their website sells the little rollers with needles on them. Is this what you mean? Google them they're an Australian company but you can purchase online. I can't remember the cost.

Hope you feel better soon :)

I've bought 2 different ones from ebay. A Novaderm roller; needles 0.75 in length- an Australian seller. The other, a generic "Dermaroller", medical grade- with needles 1.5mm. This seller is from Thailand- she sells the generic for about 120, and the brand name dermarollers for around 400. Happy rolling!

Robin

im interested in using the dermaroller so can any1 tell me where i can buy a good one from?/? at what price? please reply

I've bought 2 different ones from ebay. A Novaderm roller; needles 0.75 in length- an Australian seller. The other, a generic "Dermaroller", medical grade- with needles 1.5mm. This seller is from Thailand- she sells the generic for about 120, and the brand name dermarollers for around 400. Happy rolling!

Robin

Robin

Hi there..

Can u plz mention where you purchased these items from? thanks

I have heard alot about needling recently using a roller. Looking at some of these pics, which look real enough, it could be worth trying http://www.clearskincare.com.au/skin_needling.html

So its best to go for the roller with longer needles, so it penetrates deeper into the skin dermis :think:

You can only use some of the dermarollers once ? Would it be possible to steralize the rollers, and then be able to use them again ?

@ Robin - How do you order from the Thailand website ?

Hi- clearskin is the seller of the Novaderm (.75mm). That's the one I use daily to every other day, depending on my schedule. The seller from Thailand WAS selling on ebay as well, but doesn't have anything on ebay right now. The novaderm instructs to run it under hot water after each use, which I do with both. And, yes, I do reused them. At some point, I'm sure the needles will get dull- that's when I'll replace them.

Robin

Hi- clearskin is the seller of the Novaderm (.75mm). That's the one I use daily to every other day, depending on my schedule. The seller from Thailand WAS selling on ebay as well, but doesn't have anything on ebay right now. The novaderm instructs to run it under hot water after each use, which I do with both. And, yes, I do reused them. At some point, I'm sure the needles will get dull- that's when I'll replace them.

Robin

Hi Robin,

The Clearskincare roller is designed to be re-used and cared for as they direct will last for 12 months. I'm on my second roller, my first one lasted for 12 months (it was the 48 needle Skin & Scalp Roller, sold on eBay as the acne roller). I'm now using the wider 96 needle Skin & Scalp Roller (sold on eBay as the hair loss roller). Apparently these are the only rollers on the market designed to be reused, the others are designed as disposable.

The other good thing about the Clearskincare rollers is that their designed by a cosmetics doctor, therefore the needle lengths used are designed to deliver the results promised. The other rollers are designed by engineers who wouldn't have a clue about skin/acne/ageing treatment or the human anatomy and what best needle lengths are needed to deliver the results we want.

I'm really happy with my Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller and I also love the Copper Peptide Serum, they're both great.

Fang

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZskinroller

and to make this more confusing...

I just found these rollers on ebay. Take a look..they seem MUCH better than the clearskin rollers (or from fangs site.) They're cheaper..larger, with many more needles close together. Less rolling and IMO would do a better job needling more efficiantly. see for yourself..I'm open for opinion.

I hesitate to post the link (because I want to bid, selfish I know..lol)

I'm just not sure which size I want..

I just found these rollers on ebay. Take a look..they seem MUCH better than the clearskin rollers (or from fangs site.) They're cheaper..larger, with many more needles close together. Less rolling and IMO would do a better job needling more efficiantly. see for yourself..I'm open for opinion.

Hi,

I had a look at their website, they say that they can only be reused 6 times. The Clearskincare Rollers last for 12 months.

Hi,

I had a look at their website, they say that they can only be reused 6 times. The Clearskincare Rollers last for 12 months.

Fang, I read the entire website too. i cant seem to find that info. Can you please point out WHERE it says their rollers can be used only 6 times?

Wow! I just noticed how many NEW members are interested in this topic..interesting

Hi,

Fang, I read the entire website too. i cant seem to find that info. Can you please point out WHERE it says their rollers can be used only 6 times?

Wow! I just noticed how many NEW members are interested in this topic..interesting

Hi,

In the Question/Answer section - How Much Time does it take to recover? "can be reused up to six times for the same patient."

Hi,

Hi,

In the Question/Answer section - How Much Time does it take to recover? "can be reused up to six times for the same patient."

The home use section says the roller can only be used for 4-6 weeks, it's all a

bit confusing

"For Home Use:

Recommend: Golden Skin Roller Gold-0.25 (see roller picture)

with 0.25 mm length needles that only penetrate 0.07mm into the very superficial epidermis. These are to be used on the affected skin condition 2 to 3 times per week on a 4 to 6 week home-based program in combination with a therapeutic protocol of a medically effective skin care line designed for that particular patients’ skin condition."

I know from my own experience that skin needling is a cumulative program and results take at least 2 months to be even noticeable. Plus I don't see how a needle that's only 0.25mm long can give you any results at all.

I agree that the longer rollers are more effective for scars, and wrinkles. But, as for the topical anesthetic- I used it the first time I used the 1.5 roller. The 2nd time- tried without. Granted, it doesn't feel like nothing, but it just doesn't hurt bad enough for me to take the extra 15-20 min to apply the topical, and wait for it to work.

So, I try to use the .75mm roller at least 4-5 times a week, then the big gun, every week or two, depending on what else I'm doing to my skin.

Robin

kyplantjunkie,

How did you get your hands on a 1.5 mm roller?

Also, to everyone else:

Is using a dermaroller, .75 mm at least, better needling than using the diabetic lancet method?

For more information on how to treat blackheads, check out my blog at

www.blackheadremovalmethods.com

kyplantjunkie,

How did you get your hands on a 1.5 mm roller?

Also, to everyone else:

Is using a dermaroller, .75 mm at least, better needling than using the diabetic lancet method?

i'm gettin one of these lil puppies! i really hope it works to at LEAST diminish some of my frickin bad boys (scars).

thanks for bringin up the topic and all the replies. so now i know what to do...

will step on u

ok, just bought the .75 mm one. thanks again to everyone for giving all the info. now i just gotta wait to get it.

i took pix of myself yesterday in some of the worst lighting i could find (for me, it's the sunlight, when the sun's behind me and hits my face at that angle). wow, my scars look a million times deeper at my worst angles. no point in lookin from my best angles. that drains my mentality right there. feels like i'm gettin stabbed in my SOUL! heh. i dont expect to remove my deep scars; i'm not a dumbass. but i really hope it can diminish the appearance.

if anyone works on scarring, i HIGHLY suggest a photo journal. i'm too embarassed to have pictures of my scars on my own dam computer. but i can lock my folders w/ a password, so if i die and someone goes through my stuff, they can't access my pix. main thing, it gives you an objective view of your progress over months!

plus, if anything ever works out really well, i'll post my pictures here. cuz i owe it to this board. but only if something works...

will step on u

ok, just bought the .75 mm one. thanks again to everyone for giving all the info. now i just gotta wait to get it.

i took pix of myself yesterday in some of the worst lighting i could find (for me, it's the sunlight, when the sun's behind me and hits my face at that angle). wow, my scars look a million times deeper at my worst angles. no point in lookin from my best angles. that drains my mentality right there. feels like i'm gettin stabbed in my SOUL! heh. i dont expect to remove my deep scars; i'm not a dumbass. but i really hope it can diminish the appearance.

if anyone works on scarring, i HIGHLY suggest a photo journal. i'm too embarassed to have pictures of my scars on my own dam computer. but i can lock my folders w/ a password, so if i die and someone goes through my stuff, they can't access my pix. main thing, it gives you an objective view of your progress over months!

plus, if anything ever works out really well, i'll post my pictures here. cuz i owe it to this board. but only if something works...

hey wenc,

i got mine on ebay. they have an actual website, but i think it links from their ebay store too. here's the link (ebay link)

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Clearskincare-acne-scar-hair-loss

sorry, i don't know how to enter that as a true link. they're REALLY polite too. when you look through their stuff, you want to look at the skin and scalp roller. i think that's for hair loss, BUT, that's the one w/ the .75 mm needles. i sent them an email, and they told me that for pockmarks (what i have), to use that one (the skin and scalp one).

will step on u

hey wenc,

i got mine on ebay. they have an actual website, but i think it links from their ebay store too. here's the link (ebay link)

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Clearskincare-acne-scar-hair-loss

sorry, i don't know how to enter that as a true link. they're REALLY polite too. when you look through their stuff, you want to look at the skin and scalp roller. i think that's for hair loss, BUT, that's the one w/ the .75 mm needles. i sent them an email, and they told me that for pockmarks (what i have), to use that one (the skin and scalp one).

well, i got mine from clearskin, which i bought on ebay. on their ebay store, they only sell the .75mm needlez. but when i got it in the mail, they also gave me a list of their products. on that list, they sell a "medical" roller that's 2mm. AND it's only $150 bucks. i'll have to ask them about this and see if i can get one. just some fyi for anyone interested.

will step on u