Photo

can any1 tell me where i can buy a good dermaroller?

This topic is in the process of being archived.
58 replies to this topic

#1 sad10

sad10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:53 AM

im interested in using the dermaroller so can any1 tell me where i can buy a good one from?/? at what price? please reply

#2 chicitagattita

chicitagattita

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:10 AM

Hi Sad - I'm sorry you're sad sad.gif

I left a post earlier about clearskincare and their website sells the little rollers with needles on them. Is this what you mean? Google them they're an Australian company but you can purchase online. I can't remember the cost.

Hope you feel better soon smile.gif

#3 kyplantjunkie

kyplantjunkie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

I've bought 2 different ones from ebay. A Novaderm roller; needles 0.75 in length- an Australian seller. The other, a generic "Dermaroller", medical grade- with needles 1.5mm. This seller is from Thailand- she sells the generic for about 120, and the brand name dermarollers for around 400. Happy rolling!
Robin

#4 fang

fang

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE(sad10 @ Jul 6 2007, 03:53 AM) View Post
im interested in using the dermaroller so can any1 tell me where i can buy a good one from?/? at what price? please reply

I've been using the 0.75mm Skin & Scalp Roller for about 15 months (I bought the wider one on eBay, they sell it for hair regrowth), they are great. I've been using mine to treat a 30yr old car accident scar on my forehead (it was U shaped, indented with stitchmarks, cobblestoned and a mixture of hyper an hypopigmentation) and acne scars on my cheks and around my mouth. I was instructed to use it daily but mostly I would use it 3 times a week (some slack weeks only once a week). For the first year I only used it by itself. For the last 4 months I've combined treatment with Copper Peptide Serum.

The results I've had are amazing. Sometimes, because I see my face every day, I'm not so sure but my friends and family comment on the amazing improvement in my scarring, pigmentation and complexion.

I have breakout to mild acne which I've also been treating at the same time, I just don't roll the active areas of acne. I love my Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller it is fantastic, here's a link - http://cgi.ebay.com....i...p;rd=1&rd=1

Good luck.

#5 pitted skin

pitted skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(kyplantjunkie @ Jul 7 2007, 04:30 PM) View Post
I've bought 2 different ones from ebay. A Novaderm roller; needles 0.75 in length- an Australian seller. The other, a generic "Dermaroller", medical grade- with needles 1.5mm. This seller is from Thailand- she sells the generic for about 120, and the brand name dermarollers for around 400. Happy rolling!
Robin

Hi there..
Can u plz mention where you purchased these items from? thanks

#6 kyplantjunkie

kyplantjunkie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(pitted skin @ Jul 29 2007, 09:51 PM) View Post
QUOTE(kyplantjunkie @ Jul 7 2007, 04:30 PM) View Post
Robin

Hi there..
Can u plz mention where you purchased these items from? thanks

Hi- I bought both of them from ebay. Someone from another forum said that the seller doesn't have any available right now, but is planning on selling more in the near future. Just keep checking ebay- type in search for dermaroller or skin needling or Novaderm.

#7 Scars2go

Scars2go

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:16 AM

I have heard alot about needling recently using a roller. Looking at some of these pics, which look real enough, it could be worth trying http://www.clearskin...n_needling.html

So its best to go for the roller with longer needles, so it penetrates deeper into the skin dermis eusa_think.gif

You can only use some of the dermarollers once ? Would it be possible to steralize the rollers, and then be able to use them again ?

@ Robin - How do you order from the Thailand website ?

#8 kyplantjunkie

kyplantjunkie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:12 AM

Hi- clearskin is the seller of the Novaderm (.75mm). That's the one I use daily to every other day, depending on my schedule. The seller from Thailand WAS selling on ebay as well, but doesn't have anything on ebay right now. The novaderm instructs to run it under hot water after each use, which I do with both. And, yes, I do reused them. At some point, I'm sure the needles will get dull- that's when I'll replace them.
Robin

#9 fang

fang

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(kyplantjunkie @ Aug 1 2007, 09:12 AM) View Post
Hi- clearskin is the seller of the Novaderm (.75mm). That's the one I use daily to every other day, depending on my schedule. The seller from Thailand WAS selling on ebay as well, but doesn't have anything on ebay right now. The novaderm instructs to run it under hot water after each use, which I do with both. And, yes, I do reused them. At some point, I'm sure the needles will get dull- that's when I'll replace them.
Robin

Hi Robin,
The Clearskincare roller is designed to be re-used and cared for as they direct will last for 12 months. I'm on my second roller, my first one lasted for 12 months (it was the 48 needle Skin & Scalp Roller, sold on eBay as the acne roller). I'm now using the wider 96 needle Skin & Scalp Roller (sold on eBay as the hair loss roller). Apparently these are the only rollers on the market designed to be reused, the others are designed as disposable.

The other good thing about the Clearskincare rollers is that their designed by a cosmetics doctor, therefore the needle lengths used are designed to deliver the results promised. The other rollers are designed by engineers who wouldn't have a clue about skin/acne/ageing treatment or the human anatomy and what best needle lengths are needed to deliver the results we want.

I'm really happy with my Clearskincare Skin & Scalp Roller and I also love the Copper Peptide Serum, they're both great.

Fang

#10 pitted skin

pitted skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

Hi
which would u guys recommend .75mm? .5mm? 1.5mm?

#11 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:03 PM

http://search.ebay.c...sassZskinroller

and to make this more confusing...

I just found these rollers on ebay. Take a look..they seem MUCH better than the clearskin rollers (or from fangs site.) They're cheaper..larger, with many more needles close together. Less rolling and IMO would do a better job needling more efficiantly. see for yourself..I'm open for opinion.

I hesitate to post the link (because I want to bid, selfish I know..lol)
I'm just not sure which size I want..

#12 fang

fang

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE(Miss*Alanias @ Aug 3 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

I just found these rollers on ebay. Take a look..they seem MUCH better than the clearskin rollers (or from fangs site.) They're cheaper..larger, with many more needles close together. Less rolling and IMO would do a better job needling more efficiantly. see for yourself..I'm open for opinion.

Hi,
I had a look at their website, they say that they can only be reused 6 times. The Clearskincare Rollers last for 12 months.

#13 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(fang @ Aug 4 2007, 03:01 AM) View Post

Hi,
I had a look at their website, they say that they can only be reused 6 times. The Clearskincare Rollers last for 12 months.

Fang, I read the entire website too. i cant seem to find that info. Can you please point out WHERE it says their rollers can be used only 6 times?

Wow! I just noticed how many NEW members are interested in this topic..interesting

#14 fang

fang

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE(Miss*Alanias @ Aug 4 2007, 03:51 AM) View Post
QUOTE(fang @ Aug 4 2007, 03:01 AM) View Post

Hi,

Fang, I read the entire website too. i cant seem to find that info. Can you please point out WHERE it says their rollers can be used only 6 times?

Wow! I just noticed how many NEW members are interested in this topic..interesting

Hi,
In the Question/Answer section - How Much Time does it take to recover? "can be reused up to six times for the same patient."

#15 fang

fang

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:50 AM

[quote name='fang' date='Aug 4 2007, 04:32 AM' post='1984867']
[quote name='Miss*Alanias' post='1984853' date='Aug 4 2007, 03:51 AM'][quote name='fang' post='1984825' date='Aug 4 2007, 03:01 AM'][quote name='Miss*Alanias' post='1984716' date='Aug 3 2007, 11:03 PM']http://search.ebay.c...sassZskinroller

Hi,

Hi,
In the Question/Answer section - How Much Time does it take to recover? "can be reused up to six times for the same patient."

The home use section says the roller can only be used for 4-6 weeks, it's all a
bit confusing

"For Home Use:
Recommend: Golden Skin Roller Gold-0.25 (see roller picture)
with 0.25 mm length needles that only penetrate 0.07mm into the very superficial epidermis. These are to be used on the affected skin condition 2 to 3 times per week on a 4 to 6 week home-based program in combination with a therapeutic protocol of a medically effective skin care line designed for that particular patients’ skin condition."

I know from my own experience that skin needling is a cumulative program and results take at least 2 months to be even noticeable. Plus I don't see how a needle that's only 0.25mm long can give you any results at all.

#16 fang

fang

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE(pitted skin @ Aug 3 2007, 09:31 PM) View Post
Hi
which would u guys recommend .75mm? .5mm? 1.5mm?

Hi
Get the 0.75mm. The 0.5mm is too short and wont penetrate deep enought to stimulate collagen an elastin to infill your scars. The 1.5mm is way too long, you will need to use it with some form of anaesthetic.

eusa_dance.gif

#17 kyplantjunkie

kyplantjunkie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

I agree that the longer rollers are more effective for scars, and wrinkles. But, as for the topical anesthetic- I used it the first time I used the 1.5 roller. The 2nd time- tried without. Granted, it doesn't feel like nothing, but it just doesn't hurt bad enough for me to take the extra 15-20 min to apply the topical, and wait for it to work.

So, I try to use the .75mm roller at least 4-5 times a week, then the big gun, every week or two, depending on what else I'm doing to my skin.

Robin

#18 AcnencA

AcnencA

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:56 PM

kyplantjunkie,

How did you get your hands on a 1.5 mm roller?

Also, to everyone else:

Is using a dermaroller, .75 mm at least, better needling than using the diabetic lancet method?

#19 glimmerofhope

glimmerofhope

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE(AcnencA @ Aug 26 2007, 10:56 PM) View Post
kyplantjunkie,

How did you get your hands on a 1.5 mm roller?

Also, to everyone else:

Is using a dermaroller, .75 mm at least, better needling than using the diabetic lancet method?

READ THIS...I JUST TALKED TO SOMEONE THAT DOES NEEDLING PROFESSIONALLY...
If you get needling done professionally it is basically just tatooing without the ink. I've been told by someone that does professional needling that the shorter needles really aren't that effective for scar revision. The needle doesn't get below the epidermis of the skin, where collagen is formed. They use 3mm needles for scar revision. The shorter ones (ie. .50, .75, etc.) are only effective for increasing the effectiveness of topical products by allowing the product to get down into the skin. IMO that is a great benefit by itself. But when they do it professionally they use the 3mm needle and the needles are spaced much closer together and go much deeper. So you would get many many more holes at each scar site, resulting in much more collagen production. This allows the scar to become more "raised" closer to the level of the unscarred skin. I think Frank at Transitions (in Carmel NY, just outside of NYC) said you probably get 1000 times more punctures with the professional needling device. That, along with the depth of the needle makes it so much more effective that the hand unit. Also, IT ONLY COSTS AROUND $100 FOR YOUR ENTIRE FACE!!! Yes, that's not a typo....$100 US dollars! And THE DOWNTIME IS ONLY 2 OR 3 DAYS!!! If you look through the posts of people who have had it done, none of those people have had anything negative to say about it and they have been happy with the results. I plan on getting it done as soon as I'm off my medication which causes my blood to thin. Soon and I can't wait... I've tried many things and this makes more sense than anything else I've had done or read about. Check it out for sure!

#20 bug

bug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

i'm gettin one of these lil puppies! i really hope it works to at LEAST diminish some of my frickin bad boys (scars).
thanks for bringin up the topic and all the replies. so now i know what to do...