makeup

3 replies to this topic

#1 sc4r3d

sc4r3d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

The Dermablend company would not comment to me on this. They did not do the research to say that their products can serve as a sunblock but they did say their product does not clog pores.

I am not sure if you can classify Dermablend products as a Mineral makeup or not. If you can then my question is answered.

Here is my Question:

Is Dermablend as good as a sun block as Bare Minerals Makeup?

I had read from a post somewhere on acne.org, I don't remember which section that Bare Minerals is better than a any regular sun block because it will not clock pores.

#2 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

Quite a few years ago, a former Dermablend representative, Barbara Sparks (she now works for True Cover), was on a shopping channel and said the Dermablend Cover Creme is so opaque that it acts like a physical sunscreen. She said the right side of her cheek and neck where she covers a port wine stain never tans in the summer and she uses a darker shade of Dermablend in order to match it to the rest of tanned skin.

Dermablend does have a Cover Creme with SPF (in the form of titanium dioxide) Compact Cover Creme SPF 30 , which may be the same product as this .

As far as Bare Minerals is concerned, I heard that mineral makeups are around SPF 15 to 20 (anyone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong). This will also depend on how heavy the makeup is applied (I often just use a very light dusting).

#3 sc4r3d

sc4r3d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE(Heartless @ Jul 1 2007, 08:55 PM) View Post
Quite a few years ago, a former Dermablend representative, Barbara Sparks (she now works for True Cover), was on a shopping channel and said the Dermablend Cover Creme is so opaque that it acts like a physical sunscreen. She said the right side of her cheek and neck where she covers a port wine stain never tans in the summer and she uses a darker shade of Dermablend in order to match it to the rest of tanned skin.

Dermablend does have a Cover Creme with SPF (in the form of titanium dioxide) Compact Cover Creme SPF 30 , which may be the same product as this .

As far as Bare Minerals is concerned, I heard that mineral makeups are around SPF 15 to 20 (anyone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong). This will also depend on how heavy the makeup is applied (I often just use a very light dusting).

Thanks for the Reply. So would you say Dermablend has the same properties as a Bare Mineral makup or none at all?

I know Bare Minerals will no clog pores and Dermablend will also not clog pores but is Dermablend a sort of Mineral base product?

Is Cover Girl Cover Blend similar to Dermablend or not at all?

#4 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

I'm not familiar with Cover Girl Blend, so I can't comment on it and I haven't used Bare Minerals either, but I will comment on pure mineral makeups in general (I use Pur Minerals both pressed and loose powders).

The Dermablend rep said the Cover Creme is high in pigments. Pure mineral makeups are usually pure pigments so there's less filler ingredients. If someone has a propensity to break out, IMO I think pure mineral makeups will be safer than Dermablend. The latter contains waxes, mineral oil etc. and the complementary Setting Powder is talc-based. (I only use Dermablend to spot treat like a concealer so I don't bother with the Setting Powder.)

Even though pure mineral makeups may have less acnegenic ingredients, you still need to use a concealer to cover the more severe blemishes/scars whereas with Dermablend, you can use it in a lighter application as an all-over foundation and a thicker application in areas that require more concealing. The bottom line is your choice depends on what you are covering, their degree of severity and how durable a product you require (e.g. you can swim with Dermablend). You could also have both products on hand for every eventuality (that's what I do) and use both products together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users