Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:42 AM

#2 Cyph31

Cyph31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

congrats

everyone on this site should read this forum more instead of jumping at topicals and meds constantly

#3 tdot

tdot

Meow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Health, art, fashion, photography, music, my dog Penny.

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:14 PM

You're a really good lookin guy smile.gif Congrats on your clear skin smile.gifsmile.gif

#4 oceanmist

oceanmist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(tdot @ Jun 28 2007, 12:14 PM) View Post
You're a really good lookin guy smile.gif Congrats on your clear skin smile.gifsmile.gif

^agreed. u could definately go into modeling.

#5 SoCold

SoCold

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Nutrition, food and it's affects on the body

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

What was the time change between the before and after photos?

I am 100% holistic and always will be, but I find it very ironic that you look so young (like a boy) in the before photos, and that caught my attention.

Then I look at the After photos and I see in one picture you have much more facial hair and even look much older.

Great progress, I'm very interested in seeing what changes you have made to your life.

#6 w8549

w8549

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(SoCold @ Jun 28 2007, 03:03 PM) View Post
I'm very interested in seeing what changes you have made to your life.

same

#7 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

You sexy! wink.gif

I agree with you one hundred percent. I posted a thread here recently about how alternative stuff (liver flushing mainly) has helped my skin like nothing else. Yay!

#8 calla lily

calla lily

Stressed is just desserts spelled backward.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:Cooking, illustrating, reading sci fi/fantasy, writing, ice skating<br /><br />Music: Depeche Mode, Yanni, Michael Buble

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

You look like two different guys in your before/after pics.

#9 Healthoid

Healthoid

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:All things related to health

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for the comments everyone.

The before pics were when my acne was at its worst, about 5 years ago. I'm showing you these ones to illustrate how big the change was. I will see if I can find some decent "inbetween" pics and post them here later.

I don't want anyone to think that I simply grew out of my acne, because I know that is not the case. I would love to have grown out of my acne...but unfortunately if I start eating certain foods again, I turn right back into a teenager and my acne comes back. Those of you in your 20s and 30s and beyond who are still getting acne are more living proof of this kind of phenomenon.

A few weeks ago I started experimenting with my diet, eating bad foods. I got a cyst on my jawline...just like the old days, and only after a few days of eating bad foods. I wish I had taken a picture of it to illustrate how my skin is not a product of genetics or "growing out of it" or anything like that. The way my skin looks is a product of my diet.

#10 doktrin

doktrin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

congrats man, thanks for sharing.

#11 Mr. Bigger

Mr. Bigger

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for sharing, but you forgot to mention what exactly cleared you up. Vitamins, diet, etc.... whats your routine bro?

#12 dancedd

dancedd

Clear skin!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

Congrats! You are giving us hope. thank you! eusa_dance.gif

#13 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:38 PM

Wow, that is absolutely amazing!! Congratulations, I am proud of your success smile.gif Whenever you get time, please do write your your dietary intake and exercise routine! Thanks!

#14 Healthoid

Healthoid

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:10 AM

I posted my regimen. Oh and I'm going to answer all of your posts individually for fun.

QUOTE(Cyph31 @ Jun 28 2007, 10:46 AM) View Post
congrats

everyone on this site should read this forum more instead of jumping at topicals and meds constantly

Agreed. We need to get everyone into the holistic forum and get rid of all those other ones wink.gif.

QUOTE(tdot @ Jun 28 2007, 11:14 AM) View Post

Hehe thanks.

QUOTE(oceanmist @ Jun 28 2007, 11:21 AM) View Post
QUOTE(tdot @ Jun 28 2007, 12:14 PM) View Post

^agreed. u could definately go into modeling.

Wow. Ok, just stop it. You guys are too much.

QUOTE(SoCold @ Jun 28 2007, 12:03 PM) View Post
What was the time change between the before and after photos?

I am 100% holistic and always will be, but I find it very ironic that you look so young (like a boy) in the before photos, and that caught my attention.

Then I look at the After photos and I see in one picture you have much more facial hair and even look much older.

Great progress, I'm very interested in seeing what changes you have made to your life.

I probably answered most of your questions in my previous post, but thanks for the encouragement on my progress.

QUOTE(w8549 @ Jun 28 2007, 12:33 PM) View Post
QUOTE(SoCold @ Jun 28 2007, 03:03 PM) View Post
I'm very interested in seeing what changes you have made to your life.

same

I just posted them, so you should be happy smile.gif.

QUOTE(DejaClaireVoyant @ Jun 28 2007, 01:06 PM) View Post
You sexy! wink.gif

I agree with you one hundred percent. I posted a thread here recently about how alternative stuff (liver flushing mainly) has helped my skin like nothing else. Yay!

Thanks. You're not so bad yourself wink.gif. Congrats on your success with the liver flushing.

QUOTE(calla lily @ Jun 28 2007, 01:07 PM) View Post
You look like two different guys in your before/after pics.

I'll take that as a compliment wink.gif. I agree though, the transformation is pretty crazy.

QUOTE(doktrin @ Jun 28 2007, 02:41 PM) View Post
congrats man, thanks for sharing.

Thanks, it's my pleasure.

QUOTE(SactoKing @ Jun 28 2007, 04:06 PM) View Post
Thanks for sharing, but you forgot to mention what exactly cleared you up. Vitamins, diet, etc.... whats your routine bro?

Thanks dude. You'll be happy to know I just posted my regimen in the first post.

QUOTE(dancedd @ Jun 28 2007, 04:14 PM) View Post
Congrats! You are giving us hope. thank you! eusa_dance.gif

Woooh everybody do the holistic dance(dd)!! What does dd stand for anyway?

#15 Healthoid

Healthoid

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:14 AM

You're lucky NdnRomeo, it wouldn't let me put too many quotes in one post, so you get your own all to yourself smile.gif.

QUOTE(NdnRomeo @ Jun 28 2007, 05:38 PM) View Post
Wow, that is absolutely amazing!! Congratulations, I am proud of your success smile.gif Whenever you get time, please do write your your dietary intake and exercise routine! Thanks!

Thanks dude. I posted the basics of my routine in the first post. Hope that helps.

#16 JBHK

JBHK

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:16 AM

Forgive me if I am wrong but I understand that at some point you mentioned that you took Accutane and it didn't work for you. Are the before pics pre or post accutane?

#17 wotnot

wotnot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Health and fitness issues. I love going to the gym and I love to run. I try to take good care of myself. I will be starting a degree in Sports soon - exciting stuff!<br />I love art and I paint and draw quite a lot.<br />Reading non-fiction, particularly self-help/improvement books. I enjoy learning new stuff and I am open to anything.<br />I like meeting people and talking a lot....of crap, i might add.

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:27 AM

Wow! You are looking GOOD! The difference in your skin is amazing. Congratulations. Wow. I am well impressed. I think I'm gonna have to give your routine a go.

#18 LivesInABox

LivesInABox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:56 AM

Thats quite a long gap between pics. Just out of curiosity how long did it take you to become 100% clear? And it's interesting that "bad" food causes a fairly instant reaction - what foods did you try re-introducing? Whole groups or just specifics things. Where are you getting calcium from? What things are you eating specifically?

I'm just starting the forth week of my new "regime" and i'm seeing great success. And i'm still eating so called "bad" foods, but trying for an overall healthier diet - i think my body's just coping with it better now.

#19 Healthoid

Healthoid

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(JBHK @ Jun 29 2007, 02:16 AM) View Post
Forgive me if I am wrong but I understand that at some point you mentioned that you took Accutane and it didn't work for you. Are the before pics pre or post accutane?

The before pics are pre Accutane. After I took Accutane, I was about 90% clear for a year or so, but then it all came back.

QUOTE(wotnot @ Jun 29 2007, 02:27 AM) View Post
Wow! You are looking GOOD! The difference in your skin is amazing. Congratulations. Wow. I am well impressed. I think I'm gonna have to give your routine a go.

Thanks! Good luck with the routine. I recommend you start by slowly reducing your grain and dairy consumption until it is zero.

QUOTE(LivesInABox @ Jun 29 2007, 04:56 AM) View Post
Thats quite a long gap between pics. Just out of curiosity how long did it take you to become 100% clear? And it's interesting that "bad" food causes a fairly instant reaction - what foods did you try re-introducing? Whole groups or just specifics things. Where are you getting calcium from? What things are you eating specifically?

I'm just starting the forth week of my new "regime" and i'm seeing great success. And i'm still eating so called "bad" foods, but trying for an overall healthier diet - i think my body's just coping with it better now.

It's hard to say exactly how long it took to become 100% clear, because I'm not 100% clear all the time unless I keep my diet maintained. Like I mentioned before, I got a cyst a few weeks ago from a dietary change. So as I kept getting my diet stricter and stricter, I kept getting clearer and clearer until I got to where I am today. That took about 4 years I'd say, but only because I was never able to keep my diet strict enough until then. My skin is a direct product of how much of a dietary nazi I am today.

The "bad" foods that gave me the cyst were grains (corn and wheat). I wouldn't say the reaction was instant, but a day or two later it was there.

I get most of my calcium from fish bones in sardines and salmon.

My dietary choices (other than the no grains and no dairy part) are based on the metabolic typing diet for protein types. I eat mostly fatty meats and vegetables.

That's great to hear you're having success with dietary changes. I have noticed too that when I am healthy I am able to tolerate the "bad" foods better as well. Sometimes I can eat something like some pasta or a slice of bread and get no breakouts (although I get other bad symptoms which is enough to keep me away from them).

#20 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:29 AM

Wow that's really dramatic. So the metabolic diet didn't have to do with your skin? But how did you find out about yours? Books? Do you exercise everyday? And the calcium from fish bones so that means you eat the bones? I'm confused. For the getting sun daily for 30 mins daily what happens when there is no sun or during the winter? Where do you get your vitamin D from? Oh one more question the diary and grains how did you know you had bad reactions to them? Is there a way you tested it out? And it took you years to see results? thanks biggrin.gif