oily skin

144 replies to this topic

#41 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 11:18 AM

[quote="katu"][quote] Peharps, Jojoba oil penetrates the skin better/deeper than Olive&Sunflowers oils. [/quote]

Ahh, I hadn't considered that (my brain cells are too old LOL!) - yes, maybe it's that becasue Jojoba is more transdermal qualities... but at the same time, maybe r-ala is so much more potent too and that's a double whammy!

#42 Amoira

Amoira

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:05 PM

I haven't had increased peeling from the new Gel and I used TAZ nightly.. just switched to RAM (.01%) and wow is it ever stronger then the TAZ (.5%). Anyway.. interesting reaction. I do have some stinging and a red blush after, so I use my gel at night and I am mixing some camilla oil with it. I remeber you saying you are mixing the emu oil with it.. could this be helping it penentrate too and maybe why your reaction is different from others?

#43 Johnnery

Johnnery

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:45 PM

Maya, I think it is the R-ALA. When I overtaped my chin last week I thought that frequent applications of the R-ALA would help the redness and peeling, because of the product's high content of healing oils. However, I immediately noticed afterward that my chin started peeling more, so for the past 3 or 4 nights I haven't applied anything to my face at bedtime and have opted instead to allow my skin's natural oils get rid of the peeling. Each morning, I have noticed there is less redness and peeling and my chin is almost back to normal. I also used the BioLamp (three times so far) and I too think it was excacerbating the dryness. I agree that there is a lot to be said for taking a break from doing too much (at least for a couple days) and to just allow the skin's natural oils repair whatever irritation is on the skin's surface.

At any rate, I'm glad your redness and irritation have begun to subside. P.S. I can't seem to get enough of the BioLamp. It is so warm and relaxing it almost puts me into a transcendental state! biggrin.gif

#44 Amoira

Amoira

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:58 PM

Though it is interesting that the two people who are using the lamp are peeling? Anyone else peeling from this gel that are not using any other exfoliants?

#45 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:12 PM

Ahh, I hadn't considered that (my brain cells are too old LOL!) !

perhaps the "burning sensations" of new IG didn't hit you as much as me... biggrin.gif

#46 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:19 PM

i wrote to PureDeming about "ALA vs. R-ALA and jojoba oil" theory and here is the answer from Deming:

"yes I think you are right. We, still, have not seen definitive evidence that the R-ala is better for topical application then the 50/50 mix and Jojoba is a great oil [really a wax, not oil] at penetrating the skin. Our Olive oil is a pure oil and much thicker then the Jojoba, so maybe there is less absorption /penetration with the Olive oil? Deming"

#47 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:22 PM

yes, maybe it's that becasue Jojoba is more transdermal qualities... but at the same time, maybe r-ala is so much more potent too and that's a double whammy!

you never know, i guess... :-k double whammy is possible

#48 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:36 PM

here is the link from the beauty forum where one of the members explains the abilities of jojoba oil... (i find it interesting):

http://www.healthboa...ight=jojoba oil

#49 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:18 PM

My skin has been so sensitive and dry for the winter, that the regular IG dries me out and makes me peel. I can only use it once or twice a week right now. The products that work best for me now are the camellia oil (you will love it Maya), Amino-Plex spray and Kinerase cream. I 'exfoliate' with a very small amount of apple cider vinegar and water..... a 1 to 4 ratio... 1 being vinegar and 4 being water.... like Tamara I believe. Also, the microdermabrasion crystals work well because the exfoliation can be controlled. And that's it! My retin a, mandelic acid and peels are in storage under my bathroom sink until my skin changes from the dry and sensitive state it has been in for a couple of months.
I want to buy the R ALA, yet I am going to wait on it for now as I am using so many products.....

#50 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:50 PM

Scorpion - yeah, must be the winter months drying me up too

Right now, I'm just covered in Neosporing - feels soothing.

REALLY???? The Camellia oil is good?? biggrin.gif I'm expecting it in the post within the next few days, can't wait!. I'm also expecting the Amino-plex in 10 days or so .... and I just ordered (due to your recommendation) some sample sizes of the Kinerase lotion off ebay (by the way, it's a good price there) biggrin.gif

#51 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 January 2004 - 05:33 PM

Yeah... e-bay is where I get my Kinerase from too Maya. I can't pay full price for that stuff! Too bad we can't get the Amino Plex on there huh?
Anyway, the camellia oil is really nice, I like it better than jojoba oil or emu oil so far. It's very light and rich at the same time... a definate cross between the other two oils. I am using it over the Amino Plex at night now.
Remember how we talked about being impatient with our skin which tempts us into doing too much and then it backfires? You are such an Aries girl.... you've gotta do it all at once. You make me laugh but you gotta love your spirit. biggrin.gif
PS I did two test patches needling with SofTap... keep your fingers crossed for me for good results. Man I can't stand doing that to myself girl... all that blood... I'm squeamish as it is... what we wouldn't do for better skin.... sigh
PSS I guess this wasn't the thread for all this huh?
Peace :-)

#52 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2004 - 06:01 AM

yes, maybe it's that becasue Jojoba is more transdermal qualities... but at the same time, maybe r-ala is so much more potent too and that's a double whammy!

you never know, i guess... :-k double whammy is possible

You know, I think it is the jojoba oil ... and the fact that I mixed it with the emu oil too ........

And I sent Deming an email.. and her response to me was:

Hi Maya, thanks for your input. We/I find it to be fantastic -meaning it's what I now use, daily. I don't have any peeling/flaking at all. I just \"like it\" better - cannot give you any definitive reason why except for the fact that on occasion I would have a tiny break-out and with the new IG I have non. But, I think it's the Jojoba that makes it better [for me] then it is the R-ala -though no scientific basis for that reasoning....Sorry it's so strong for you. I do think given the Jojoba is so good we will incorporate the Jojoba into all of our Ig formulas in place of the sunflower/Olive oils. The jojoba just seems to be a much better ingredient, and of course more expensive, too. Thanks for your thoughts -they are all appreciated. Any more comments are appreciated too: good or bad :0 !! Deming

It would be nice o test the regular IG with jojoba versus the new r-ala version with jojoba ... then it would be easier to judge whether R-ala has more punch.

#53 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2004 - 12:49 PM

It would be nice o test the regular IG with jojoba versus the new r-ala version with jojoba ... then it would be easier to judge whether R-ala has more punch.

yes, that way i could do case-control study on my own face: left side could be a case where i will apply jojoba R-ALA, the right side of the face could be control where i will use jojoba ALA...
would be nice, if Deming could send me both products without telling me which one is R-ALA or ALA... that way I could perform BLIND case-control study... :-k

#54 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:49 PM

Katu - why don't you email Deming and ask her to do this ... a few of us could do a blind test.

#55 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2004 - 04:25 PM

Katu - why don't you email Deming and ask her to do this ... a few of us could do a blind test.

that would be nice, Maya!
how many people do you think will be able to do blind case-control test?
i will write Deming about it...

#56 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 20 January 2004 - 04:57 PM

Ohh....ohh, pick me!! Pick me!! biggrin.gif/

#57 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2004 - 04:17 AM

Pick me too!!! [-o<

Katu - I think 10 people for a blind trial would be good, and I guess if Deming were to go ahead, she would need to choose people who have bought her products, as that would be fair.

#58 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:21 PM

I agree with you guys. Deming told me that they were going to start using jojoba oil in all their products.....*BUT*.....if the R-ALA is what's giving us a great result, then we need to understand whether it's the jojoba oil formulation OR the R-ALA.

This is important to me because of the inclusion of the vitamin c in the R-ALA product. I cannot use my copper peptides with the new R-ALA....which seems to be more effective than the regular PD Gel.

I really want to get to the bottom of this!!! Is it the R-ALA, or is it the jojoba oil........?????

Inquiring minds want to know!!! :-k

#59 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:26 PM

Maya and Tracy, both of you are the excellent candidants for the study (for many reasons)... smile.gif

#60 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:40 PM

I agree with you guys.  Deming told me that they were going to start using jojoba oil in all their products.....*BUT*.....if the R-ALA is what's giving us a great result, then we need to understand whether it's the jojoba oil formulation OR the R-ALA. 

This is important to me because of the inclusion of the vitamin c in the R-ALA product.  I cannot use my copper peptides with the new R-ALA....which seems to be more effective than the regular PD Gel.
I really want to get to the bottom of this!!!  Is it the R-ALA, or is it the jojoba oil........?????
Inquiring minds want to know!!! :-k

it is important for both of us (consumers) and PureDeming to resolve the mystery between jojoba oil and R-ALA: How many people will be able to pay extra $$ for more expensive jojoba and R-ALA? How many potential/existing clients PureDeming might lose for the reason of the heavy price tag?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users